• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 Spring Football Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about this split practice thing. my understanding is that basically half the players will practice 1.5 hours or so with special teams in the middle for say half an hour, then the other half of player will practice another 1.5 hours.

Isn't there a time restriction on how much practice a team can do in a day? or is the restriction only on a player basis? it just seems odd that someone else hasn't thought of this before.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also tend to take JJM at his word. The chewing during practice part is hard to believe though. I mean I seriously wouldn't put it past Bo, but Skoal ready cut openly provided at a D1 blue blood school sounds pretty fucking outlandish.

I swear on my life, I cannot make that shit up.

The name of the player that told me rhymes with Skyler Bluegate. And he said he partook in that action on the daily.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about this split practice thing. my understanding is that basically half the players will practice 1.5 hours or so with special teams in the middle for say half an hour, then the other half of player will practice another 1.5 hours.

Isn't there a time restriction on how much practice a team can do in a day? or is the restriction only on a player basis? it just seems odd that someone else hasn't thought of this before.
17.9.6.4 Spring Practice. [FBS/FCS] Fifteen postseason practice sessions [including intrasquad scrimmages and the spring game permitted in Bylaw 17.9.5.2-(a)] are permissible. An institution is not required to count as one of its 15 designated days any day during which countable athletically related activities are limited solely to required conditioning activities and/or review of game film. Practice sessions must meet the following conditions: (Revised: 6/21/01, 12/15/06) (a) All practice sessions are conducted within a period of 34 consecutive calendar days, omitting vacation and examination days officially announced on the institution’s calendar and days during which the institution is closed due to inclement weather. (Revised: 1/9/06 effective 8/1/06) (b) Any such practice sessions held during vacation days may not be of longer duration than those normally held when academic classes are in session. (c) Only 12 of the practice sessions may involve contact, and such contact shall not occur prior to the third practice session. (d) The noncontact practice sessions may involve headgear as the only piece of protective equipment. (e) Of the 12 permissible contact sessions, eight sessions may involve tackling, and not more than three of the eight tackling sessions may be devoted primarily (greater than 50 percent of practice time) to 11-on- 11 scrimmages. (f) Tackling shall be prohibited in four of the 12 contact sessions. An institution has the discretion to determine the practice activities (other than tackling) that may occur during the four contact nontackling sessions as well as the protective equipment to be worn by the student-athletes. (g) If an institution conducts a “spring game” per Bylaw 17.9.5.2-(a), the game shall be counted as one of the three sessions that may be devoted primarily to 11-on-11 scrimmages. (h) The amount of time that a student-athlete may be involved in such postseason countable athletically related activities shall be limited to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week. (Revised: 1/10/90, 1/10/91, 1/10/92, 1/11/94, 1/13/98)

That's from the NCAA bylaws. Looks like there is just time requirements on the individual players.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's really interesting to me. seems like someone else would have thought of doing this first.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they went out of their way to make sure it was okay...That'd be a really shitty way to start out at a new job, getting NCAA violations for practicing too much.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Brasky @iruletheskool I've got an even better story than the chew story involving Bo going after an online poster from RSS.

It's just not a story I feel comfy telling here on a public forum as my boss is my source on that one.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've come to learn about Bo is that he literally didn't know how big of a deal it is to be head coach at Nebraska.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big game!!

Definitely the most hyped game I remember in quite some damn time.

And that shows where our head coach's head was at. 2 hours before game time when his players are out stretching on the field he's down town looking for an online poster :L

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the most hyped game I remember in quite some damn time.

And that shows where our head coach's head was at. 2 hours before game time when his players are out stretching on the field he's down town looking for an online poster :L
Red Out? :L

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks oak
Fordman said your permissions looked fine to him so it must just be a glitch. You could try resetting your browser or something, but everything looks like it should be working. HD is out for a while and he's the one that really knows the software so I'll have him double check when he gets back.