• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy and everyone not named Kobe. I don't see why they would be doing this. It's a completely different direction from where they appear headed.

Any direction that moves away from Nick Young is a good direction.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Coon already dispelled the notion the Lakers can get Aldridge and Jordan.

I hope they stay away from Aldridge.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know they need to get rid of Kobe to get Aldridge and Deandre :laugh3:

Or for them to both take a lot less money

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Lakers fan trade Russell and randle for Cousins?

I think the Lakers managment team has probably offered that for Cousins- supposedly the Kings asked for Crawford, Randle, the #2 pick, and additional future first rounders.

of course the Lakers said no to that...

I wonder if the Kings would consider taking Russell and Randle- and if the LAkers would do it...i mean-- to be honest though- if the deal was ever going to get done- didnt it probably have to be withthe Lakers drafting Okafor though to replace Cousins in Sacramento?

maybe not....who did the kings take again? Caulie Stein right? ....i dunno- that would mean that wouldnt want Okafor....

I think a young team of Russell and McLemore in the back court- and a front court of Caulie Stein and Randle is pretty interesting.- but i dunno

that should be interesting to see how it turns out

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Lakers fan trade Russell and randle for Cousins?

I think the Lakers managment team has probably offered that for Cousins- supposedly the Kings asked for Crawford, Randle, the #2 pick, and additional future first rounders.

of course the Lakers said no to that...

I wonder if the Kings would consider taking Russell and Randle- and if the LAkers would do it...i mean-- to be honest though- if the deal was ever going to get done- didnt it probably have to be withthe Lakers drafting Okafor though to replace Cousins in Sacramento?

maybe not....who did the kings take again? Caulie Stein right? ....i dunno- that would mean that wouldnt want Okafor....

I think a young team of Russell and McLemore in the back court- and a front court of Caulie Stein and Randle is pretty interesting.- but i dunno

that should be interesting to see how it turns out

Laker management already said no.

They are keeping Russell.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are more likely to get Aldridge and Chandler than Aldridge and Jordan.

Not that I want Aldridge at all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Monroe and Aaron Afflalo to the Knicks probably it sounds like.....lol....Melo is never going to win shit. Carmelo Anthony is no threat to any teams that are good- and its that way because the Knicks are just bad at what they do- I really do not blame Melo much if it all for the mess the Knicks are.

Phil Jackson traded away Shumpert and Smith and got a 2nd round pick for both. lol. He drafts Porzingis who is - from his own admission- years away from seriously contributing---- and now he is going to overpay to get Monroe and Afflalo?

I mean- those are 2 solid players- but that team still has absolutely no point guard or center or bench.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker management already said no.

They are keeping Russell.
I literally just read on Sheridan Hoops that the Lakers would trade Russell for cousins in a second if that was all it would take to get him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs have that haywood contract which is a 10 million dollar cap carve out for anyone who can give them something for it......Lakers are trying to cut cap room- too bad they really dont have anything on a commiserate level to give the Cavs to take Swaggy P and whoever else...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally just read on Sheridan Hoops that the Lakers would trade Russell for cousins in a second if that was all it would take to get him.

Straight up?...Maybe.

But, not unless the strike out in Free Agency.

Greg Monroe and Aaron Afflalo to the Knicks probably it sounds like.....lol....Melo is never going to win shit. Carmelo Anthony is no threat to any teams that are good- and its that way because the Knicks are just bad at what they do- I really do not blame Melo much if it all for the mess the Knicks are.

Phil Jackson traded away Shumpert and Smith and got a 2nd round pick for both. lol. He drafts Porzingis who is - from his own admission- years away from seriously contributing---- and now he is going to overpay to get Monroe and Afflalo?

I mean- those are 2 solid players- but that team still has absolutely no point guard or center or bench.

I saw Monroe and West were likely.

That would be decent in the East.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy and everyone not named Kobe. I don't see why they would be doing this. It's a completely different direction from where they appear headed.

I disagree. Especially with the headed in a different direction part. It's not like they're looking to add 175 year old Paul Pierce or something. Aldridge is 29 and Jordan is 26. So you've got Aldridge at a high level for a good 5 more years and Jordan for 8-10. It would move them close to contender status immediately.

As long as they aren't giving up Randle, Clarkson, Russell or Kobe, then I really don't care who else they'd have to move.

If this were to actually happen, I'd be beyond shocked, but it's not as if the Lakers haven't ever pulled off some improbable moves before.