• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has plenty of cap space to sign Jordan. They don't need to trade for him.

No, they don't.

And, they don't need to help the Clippers.

But, they might want to help Tyson, if he even wants to be a Clipper.

Plus, they don't have a pg or a sg and are chasing Aldridge and Jordan who will want max money.

When not considering Tyson Chandler, Monta Ellis and Rajon Rondo’s cap-holds the Mavericks have around $28m in cap space. If they were to renounce all their free agent bird rights then they’d have around $31m.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitter > Fat Boris.

You could just flip him.
yah maybe a 3 way deal....

I dont know if there is that good a chance a deal gets done with the Spurs --- the fit to me is surprising- all though the Spurs need the cap space and like Kaun.

I dont see really how Patty Mills and Splitter help- but who knows what the machinations are behind the scenes.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't.

And, they don't need to help the Clippers.

But, they might want to help Tyson, if he even wants to be a Clipper.

There's really little incentive for Dallas to help Tyson out or help the Clippers out, and there is little incentive for Jordan to agree to a S&T.

According Larry Coon:

"Under the current CBA a player receives the same contract via sign-and-trade (four years, 4.5% raises) that he could get by signing with his new team directly, and can receive a larger Bird contract only if he stays with his previous team. In addition, it is much simpler for the player to sign directly with his new team, as a sign-and-trade has to be agreed to by three parties rather than two. A player is really only forced to seek a sign-and-trade if he wants to go to a team that is capped-out (or doesn't have enough cap room to give the player his full starting salary) and can't sign him directly.

Another factor encouraging a player not to seek a sign-and-trade is that his new team might be weakened by losing players or draft picks in the trade. So while a sign-and-trade is a useful tool when the team does not have the cap room to sign the player directly, the player and his new team have little reason to seek a sign-and-trade when the player can be signed without involving his previous team."

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is a Dick.

That's why I think he and Kobe would have been fine playing together.

He gets in your ass.

I think the biggest problem with Chris is that he has never won and he is the toughest guy on the roster.

That's probably tough for a guy like DeAndre to handle.

On one foot, he is the leader and tries to lead by example.

But, on another, who is he to yell and scream at others when Curry, Kyrie and Conley Jr. r*pe him on the regular?
LOL I understand both points

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really little incentive for Dallas to help Tyson out or help the Clippers out, and there is little incentive for Jordan to agree to a S&T.

According Larry Coon:

"Under the current CBA a player receives the same contract via sign-and-trade (four years, 4.5% raises) that he could get by signing with his new team directly, and can receive a larger Bird contract only if he stays with his previous team. In addition, it is much simpler for the player to sign directly with his new team, as a sign-and-trade has to be agreed to by three parties rather than two. A player is really only forced to seek a sign-and-trade if he wants to go to a team that is capped-out (or doesn't have enough cap room to give the player his full starting salary) and can't sign him directly.

Another factor encouraging a player not to seek a sign-and-trade is that his new team might be weakened by losing players or draft picks in the trade. So while a sign-and-trade is a useful tool when the team does not have the cap room to sign the player directly, the player and his new team have little reason to seek a sign-and-trade when the player can be signed without involving his previous team."

I hear you.

But, do the Math:

28- 31 mil in cap.

20 mil of that to DeAndre or Aldridge.

8-11 mil to find a PG and a SG?

Sign and trade would benefit everyone because they could excede the cap.

If they are truly looking at Matthews or Danny Green, that's another 8-15 mil.

Then who do they get for the minimum to play the point?

Rondo and Monta are gone.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone posted this yet because I'm not longer able to look at SportsHoopla until I get home due to my new job but Pop makes me laugh

Don't count Gregg Popovich, 66, among those to be making calls the second free agency starts. The Spurs coach told the San Antonio Express-News: "I'm not calling anyone at midnight. I'll be in bed. And if that’s the difference in someone coming or not coming, then I don't want them.”

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy and everyone not named Kobe. I don't see why they would be doing this. It's a completely different direction from where they appear headed.

Depends. Swaggy and Kelly are the only ones under fire. Randle and Clarkson are still on their rookie contracts and aren't in danger.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe it coming from him.

You gotta think they will need to make additional upgrades for Aldridge to agree.

Jordan, Monroe, Asik,.....short deal for Tyson Chandler.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swaggy and everyone not named Kobe. I don't see why they would be doing this. It's a completely different direction from where they appear headed.

Look at it like this:

They will have about 30 mil plus again next Summer to add more talent.

I doubt either of these guys will sign a 1 year deal and wold both be off the market when the next windfall comes in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a button to put a tweet in now? I'm used to just putting this: [TWEET]a number[/TWEET]

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans are prepared to offer Anthony Davis a 5 year $143 million extension.