• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much an unwritten rule that players don't comment on other players contract negotiations.

Since James only plays by his rules non of this should come as any surprise.

He did the same garbage last year with Bledsoe in a similar situation.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Yeah, you tell them Lebron! Uncertain contract situations that could leave your team hanging have no place during a championship run. Not that you have any experience with that, right Lebron?" - Pat Riley

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah, you tell them Lebron! Uncertain contract situations that could leave your team hanging have no place during a championship run. Not that you have any experience with that, right Lebron?" - Pat Riley

If this blows up in the Cavs face - Then I'll have no pity for those pretentious (unts.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if its fair to compare a hold-out situation to a future free-agent.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if its fair to compare a hold-out situation to a future free-agent.

LBJ need to mind his business though. He's the only player in any sport who I ever see get involved in another players holdout. This isn't as bad as last year but it is still bad. Last year was ridiculous to comment on a player not on your team contract situation. He needs to just shut up and not make everything public. Posting that was unnecessary. He could have easily had a private convo with the Cavs front office and got the same message across.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty much an unwritten rule that players don't comment on other players contract negotiations.

Since James only plays by his rules non of this should come as any surprise.

Here's his full quote....

“The last thing you need is a distraction when you try to make a championship run. And we have that right now. It’s unfortunate for both sides that we’re going through it right now as a team.”

“I’m not going to go to them and tell them what they should do,” James said regarding the Cavs. “That’s their job, they know how to do it very well and they’ve done that to this point. They’ve brought in and did what they had to do for us to be a contending team. Obviously Tristan is a big part of that run we want to make. I believe that something will happen.”

(Pro-tip... anytime you see a one-line quote in a tweet... go ahead and click through to the article and get some context).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ need to mind his business though. He's the only player in any sport who I ever see get involved in another players holdout. This isn't as bad as last year but it is still bad. Last year was ridiculous to comment on a player not on your team contract situation. He needs to just shut up and not make everything public. Posting that was unnecessary. He could have easily had a private convo with the Cavs front office and got the same message across.

What did he post? I've been out of the NBA loop for a few days.

The distraction quote was an answer to a reporter and had a lot more to it.

All I saw was the quote from Jason Lloyd... which to me comes across very netural. "Its unfortunate for both sides", "Cavs are doing a good job", "Tristan is important"... blah, blah blah.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he post? I've been out of the NBA loop for a few days.

The distraction quote was an answer to a reporter and had a lot more to it.

All I saw was the quote from Jason Lloyd... which to me comes across very netural. "Its unfortunate for both sides", "Cavs are doing a good job", "Tristan is important"... blah, blah blah.

I posted it on Saturday. I will try to find it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you can see the caption but it is "Get it done!!!!" James wrote, adding the hashtag "#MissMyBrother."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, I'm not a big fan of him going out and posting this on his own. He has had and will continue to have every opportunity to express his feelings simply by answering questions from the media.

But is he siding with anyone? That could just as easily be seen as "Cavs you better sign this dude now whatever it takes" OR "Tristan, sign whatever they offer and get your butt in here" OR "Come on guys, work something out so we can focus on the season"

A lot of people are assuming stuff about him putting pressure one way or the other. So far I see someone who is very neutral and expressing desire for a deal to get done.... which is ultimately what everybody wants.

Behind the scenes he MIGHT be putting pressure one way... but we have no way of knowing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'm not a big fan of him going out and posting this on his own. He has had and will continue to have every opportunity to express his feelings simply by answering questions from the media.

But is he siding with anyone? That could just as easily be seen as "Cavs you better sign this dude now whatever it takes" OR "Tristan, sign whatever they offer and get your butt in here" OR "Come on guys, work something out so we can focus on the season"

A lot of people are assuming stuff about him putting pressure one way or the other. So far I see someone who is very neutral and expressing desire for a deal to get done.... which is ultimately what everybody wants.

Behind the scenes he MIGHT be putting pressure one way... but we have no way of knowing.

Seriously?!? He posts a picture of himself with TT saying "get it done" likes he's the Larry the Cable Guy of the NBA and there's a question about what he meant or who he's pressuring?

What's he doing involving himself in ANY way? Even when asked by the reporter, what's wrong with a "no comment" or "he's got to do what's best for him, we'll welcome him when he gets back"? That's typically how players answer questions about other players contract negotiations.

No need to talk about it being a distraction. No need to post that pic with that comment.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?!? He posts a picture of himself with TT saying "get it done" likes he's the Larry the Cable Guy of the NBA and there's a question about what he meant or who he's pressuring?

What's he doing involving himself in ANY way? Even when asked by the reporter, what's wrong with a "no comment" or "he's got to do what's best for him, we'll welcome him when he gets back"? That's typically how players answer questions about other players contract negotiations.

No need to talk about it being a distraction. No need to post that pic with that comment.

He should have took notes with how the Seattle players handled Kam holdout and took that same approach instead of involving himself.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YES! Seriously! Who did he tell "Get it done" to? @tristan. I'm not saying that he's siding with the Cavs... I'm saying we don't know. He has stayed neutral publicly.

I won't argue with the stay-out-of-it mentality... I agree that would be the best thing to do publicly. But there's no evidence that he's siding either way. Everything he's said has been neutral and expressing a desire for a deal to be done. He hasn't criticized either side or suggested either side should change anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have took notes with how the Seattle players handled Kam holdout and took that same approach instead of involving himself.

Agree. The reason players in all professional sports have an unwritten rule to not comment on another players contract negotiations is because they all know that it will eventually be them going through it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's his full quote....

“The last thing you need is a distraction when you try to make a championship run. And we have that right now. It’s unfortunate for both sides that we’re going through it right now as a team.”

“I’m not going to go to them and tell them what they should do,” James said regarding the Cavs. “That’s their job, they know how to do it very well and they’ve done that to this point. They’ve brought in and did what they had to do for us to be a contending team. Obviously Tristan is a big part of that run we want to make. I believe that something will happen.”

(Pro-tip... anytime you see a one-line quote in a tweet... go ahead and click through to the article and get some context).

My comment was made based on the wedding photo comment which was before the other stuff that came out yesterday.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! Seriously! Who did he tell "Get it done" to? @tristan. I'm not saying that he's siding with the Cavs... I'm saying we don't know. He has stayed neutral publicly.

I won't argue with the stay-out-of-it mentality... I agree that would be the best thing to do publicly. But there's no evidence that he's siding either way. Everything he's said has been neutral and expressing a desire for a deal to be done. He hasn't criticized either side or suggested either side should change anything.

What you're not understanding (and maybe I wasn't clear in my post) is that it ultimately doesn't matter who he's siding with or whether he is truly 100% neutral, he shouldn't be commenting or involving himself at all. It's an unwritten rule that pretty much all players in all professional sports follow. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a player involve themselves in another players negotiations.

As for who he's siding with, the visual imagery of him posting a picture of himself with TT and saying "get it done" seems to indicate that he's siding with TT and intended the message for Gilbert. Of course, we don't know this for sure because he didn't add "Cavs" or "Dan Gilbert" to the quote, but I think most reaonable people looking at it would see it as a message to the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's OBVIOUSLY directing it towards the Cavs unless you feel he needed to post a message to the person who was standing right next to him in the photo.