• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
despite not playing 82 games he has still established himself as:

One of the best scorers in the NBA
PRobably the best ball handler in the NBA
One of the best shooters in the league
Extremely clutch down the stretch of games!
in a group of Shaq, Kobe, Bron, Magic, Isiah, Garnett to make an all star team before 21!
ROY
3 all star teams!
All Star Game MVP!
Finals Appearance!

Kyrie is a top 20 player in the league. Is on a GREAT contract where he will get about 17M a yer for the next 5 years!!!!

he is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE asset to have- as Bill Simmons put- the 10th most VALUABLE player when you combine talent and contract in the ENTIRE LEAGUE

Plus- as far as i am concerned- and many other people as well- he is one of the most exciting players to watch in the entire league....

If he plays 72 games instead of 82 like last year thats FINE WITH ME!!!!!

All of this means exactly squat. He hasn't completed a season and he was on the sidelines in a suit during last years finals.

Like I said, get back to me when he completes a season.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that- the CAvs are DEFINITELY in win it all mode and are the FAVORITES to win it- and are considered BASICALLY UNOPPOSED in the East for a reason...but no one in their right mind would EVER say a Cleveland team that made the Finals and lost did not have a season that was a MILLION times better than a 76'eres team that overacheived and won an extra 7 games (and was still a VERY SHITTY NBA TEAM)

Bold and all caps?!?!?! .... You were less annoying when you couldn't change font colors.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs season won't be a failure if they don't win the title? Cool story bruh.

Lebron probably thinks you're full of shit for that ridiculous statement

Yeah, it was no big deal to Lebron and company losing in last year's finals. None of the Cavs have mentioned that being a hugely motivating factor for this season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was no big deal to Lebron and company losing in last year's finals. None of the Cavs have mentioned that being a hugely motivating factor for this season.

Yep, I'm sure the Cavs were all in their locker room, cheering and pouring champagne over each others heads to celebrate their successful season.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
despite not playing 82 games he has still established himself as:

One of the best scorers in the NBA
PRobably the best ball handler in the NBA
One of the best shooters in the league
Extremely clutch down the stretch of games!
in a group of Shaq, Kobe, Bron, Magic, Isiah, Garnett to make an all star team before 21!
ROY
3 all star teams!
All Star Game MVP!
Finals Appearance!

Kyrie is a top 20 player in the league WHEN HE IS ON THE COURT. Is on a GREAT contract where he will get about 17M a yer for the next 5 years!!!!

he is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE asset to have WHEN HE CAN PLAY - as Bill Simmons put- the 10th most VALUABLE player when you combine talent and contract in the ENTIRE LEAGUE

Plus- as far as i am concerned- and many other people as well- he is one of the most exciting players to watch in the entire league.... AGAIN - ONLY WHEN HE PLAYS

If he plays 72 games instead of 82 like last year thats FINE WITH ME!!!!!

:fify:

and

IF IFs AND BUTs WERE CANDY AND NUTS, YOU'D HAVE A MOUTHFUL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this means exactly squat. He hasn't completed a season and he was on the sidelines in a suit during last years finals.

Like I said, get back to me when he completes a season.
it doesnt mean squat to me

I am glad Kyrie is on the Cavs and I can watch him

I am glad the CAvs have a player of that quality signed up for 5 years 90 M..

That Kobe said about:
hen Jalen Rose and I taped The Grantland Basketball Hour with Kobe last month, we were killing time during one of the commercial breaks and I asked Kobe if he had any “new” favorite players. You know how great chefs always identify the other up-and-coming great chefs? Kobe fancies himself as that guy for the NBA alpha dog/badass/overcompetitive mf’er corner. Knows it when he sees it. Even brags about being able to see it. He sniffed it out early with Westbrook (his favorite current star) in 2012 and — to my surprise — he’s sniffing it with Kyrie now and said as much. He loves Kyrie. So that was a game changer for me.

I am glad the Cavs have a guy who is among the BEST SCORERS i nthe league

I am glad the Cavs have one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league

I am gald the Cavs have one of the best IF NOT THE BEST ball handler in the league....

Its not often players of that caliber come along- There ARE DEFINITELY not 20 better guys in basketball....

ITS A HUGE DEAL having a talent like that on your team signed up long term that HAS ALREADY PROVEN HIMSELF to be an ELITE TALENT.

Its what every team is looking for. The Lakers would be OVER THE MOON if the PG they just drafted turns out HALF as good as Kyrie

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Kobe said about:
hen Jalen Rose and I taped The Grantland Basketball Hour with Kobe last month, we were killing time during one of the commercial breaks and I asked Kobe if he had any “new” favorite players. You know how great chefs always identify the other up-and-coming great chefs? Kobe fancies himself as that guy for the NBA alpha dog/badass/overcompetitive mf’er corner. Knows it when he sees it. Even brags about being able to see it. He sniffed it out early with Westbrook (his favorite current star) in 2012 and — to my surprise — he’s sniffing it with Kyrie now and said as much. He loves Kyrie. So that was a game changer for me.

I am gald the Cavs have one of the best IF NOT THE BEST ball handler in the league....

Its not often players of that caliber come along- There ARE DEFINITELY not 20 better guys in basketball....

ITS A HUGE DEAL having a talent like that on your team signed up long term that HAS ALREADY PROVEN HIMSELF to be an ELITE TALENT.

Its what every team is looking for. The Lakers would be OVER THE MOON if the PG they just drafted turns out HALF as good as Kyrie
They already have plenty of players that ride pine like Kyrie.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Kobe said about:

What does any of this have to do with Kyrie not finishing a season? I said "Get back to me when Kyrie completes a whole season." He hasn't done that yet, so why are you getting back to me with bullshit?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is wrong with people nowadays? Fuckin' college shooting in Oregon.

I really worry about where we're headed.....the zombies can't be far off.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the zombies......Going to Hell party at DJ's when the shit hits the fan. If you can make it to me......we can bunker down for The Apocalypse.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You grade a team on what they accomplished based on what they were projected to be able to accomplish based on their talent and experience.

With their level of talent and experience, the Lakers are projected at about 30 wins this season. So, if the Lakers win, say 35 games, they have had a successful season based on what their roster was projected to accomplish. If they win fewer than 30 games, then the season is a failure.

With their level of talent and experience, the Cavs are projected to win the title. Therefore, anything less would be a failure. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp for most people.

Agree.

That and then payroll where the Cavs are concerned.

You can't go all NY Yankees with the contracts and not expect that to factor into your perceived success.

* See Brooklyn Nets failed experiment

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that- the CAvs are DEFINITELY in win it all mode and are the FAVORITES to win it- and are considered BASICALLY UNOPPOSED in the East for a reason...but no one in their right mind would EVER say a Cleveland team that made the Finals and lost did not have a season that was a MILLION times better than a 76'eres team that overacheived and won an extra 7 games (and was still a VERY SHITTY NBA TEAM)

I think you are missing the point in regards to expectations.

If the Sacto kings make the playoffs as the 8th seed. But, get swept in the first round....I would we their Season as a success.

If the Clippers get a top 4 Seed in the West..but fail to reach the WCF, the Season would be seen as an EPIC failure.

So, business as usual.

* sobs quietly*