• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are saying if the Lakers win 40 games instead of the 30 or so games they are predicted- that is accomplsihing more than getting to the NBA Finals and losing - then your nuts.

It actually is. The Lakers would have EXCEEDED their expectations. The Cavs making the finals and losing would have failed to meet their expectations. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually is. The Lakers would have EXCEEDED their expectations. The Cavs making the finals and losing would have failed to meet their expectations. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
You grade a team on what they accomplished.....not upon what they accomplished compared to their expectations. A jazz team that wins 40 games while being predicted to win 30 games IS NOT NEARLY AS SUCCESFUL as a team that loses in the conference finals- even if that team was predicted to win it all.

I will GUARANTEE you- ask every single player on each team which one they would rather be. EVERY SINGLE one would say the team that won 2 playoff series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think its PRETTY HARD to make 3 all star teams by age 22 if your body was constantly breaking down

the facts are kyrie has had a bunch of minor injuries- and the Cavs were ultra- careful with him- and hes EASILY a max player- one of the best scorers in the league, probably the best ball handler in the league, one of the best shooters in the league- and is a current and future super star. Those are facts.

breaking down - is what Kobe did when he couldnt play for 2 seasons in a row...Kyrie has never been broke down...Julius Randle was broken down when he missed an ENTIRE SEASON....Rubio when he tore his ACL and was out for 8+ months, Rose when he was out for the better part of the last 3+ years...

as far as injury concerns go around the league- KYRIE IS WAAAAAAAAY down that list compared to a huge number of his contemporaries...his injury concerns are NOTHING compared to the above mentioned guys and MANY MANY more like Rondo, Wade, Embiid, George etc etc etc.

Get back to me when Kyrie actually plays a whole season. To do that though, we're gonna have to wait until 2016-17, because we already know he's not playing THIS whole season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You grade a team on what they accomplished.....not upon what they accomplished compared to their expectations. A jazz team that wins 40 games while being predicted to win 30 games IS NOT NEARLY AS SUCCESFUL as a team that loses in the conference finals- even if that team was predicted to win it all.

I will GUARANTEE you- ask every single player on each team which one they would rather be. EVERY SINGLE one would say the team that won 2 playoff series.

You're not very smart

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....any surgery where screws or metal plates are put into your leg when you are a 6 foot 10 basketball player that jumps up and down thousands upon thousands of times YAH- I think those are major surgeries.

Are you saying that is not a HUMONGOUS red flag? A kid that is barely old enough to drink having had 3 surgeries with metal coming in and out of his ankle and leg?

I would RUN the other way

You may think that, but as usual, you'd be wrong.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team expectations is the same. Teams set reasonable goals/expectations at the start of the year. The goal is to meet those expectations. If not the season is a failure. SIMPLE AS THAT

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think its PRETTY HARD to make 3 all star teams by age 22 if your body was constantly breaking down

the facts are kyrie has had a bunch of minor injuries- and the Cavs were ultra- careful with him- and hes EASILY a max player- one of the best scorers in the league, probably the best ball handler in the league, one of the best shooters in the league- and is a current and future super star. Those are facts.

breaking down - is what Kobe did when he couldnt play for 2 seasons in a row...Kyrie has never been broke down...Julius Randle was broken down when he missed an ENTIRE SEASON....Rubio when he tore his ACL and was out for 8+ months, Rose when he was out for the better part of the last 3+ years...

as far as injury concerns go around the league- KYRIE IS WAAAAAAAAY down that list compared to a huge number of his contemporaries...his injury concerns are NOTHING compared to the above mentioned guys and MANY MANY more like Rondo, Wade, Embiid, George etc etc etc.
Hahahaha so let me get this right....you're comparing Kyrie with only 4 seasons in the league to Kobe whose had 19 seasons in the league - in terms of physical health??? How dumb are you? Seriously.

For comparison purposes, Kobe has missed 230 games over his entire career....that averages out to about 12 games a season over 19 seasons. Now Kyrie has missed a total of 56 games over his entire career....that averages out to about 14 games a season over 4 seasons. Kyrie has already surpassed the supposedly 'unhealthy Kobe' and that's not even including this season coming up or any future seasons Kyrie will not be healthy & miss games. BTW...Kobe is 14 years OLDER than Kyrie.

Also, I'm sorry but anyone with half a brain would consider Kyrie broken down when he misses the first month of this season to bring his total of missed games to staggering 82+ over his short NBA career. You do realize that is equivalent to a FULL NBA SEASON, right? SMH :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You grade a team on what they accomplished based on what they were projected to be able to accomplish based on their talent and experience.

With their level of talent and experience, the Lakers are projected at about 30 wins this season. So, if the Lakers win, say 35 games, they have had a successful season based on what their roster was projected to accomplish. If they win fewer than 30 games, then the season is a failure.

With their level of talent and experience, the Cavs are projected to win the title. Therefore, anything less would be a failure. It's really not that difficult a concept to grasp for most people.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there are no goals/expectations then why compete?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, isn't YOUR own expectation of the Cavs to WIN a title this year??? :doh::hope::pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You grade a team on what they accomplished based on what they were projected to be able to accomplish based on their talent and experience.
e.

NO!!!! NO YOU DONT !!! thats insane!!

The 76'ers are projected to suck!! to win 20-25 games!! if they win 30 games THATS NOT A GOOD SEASON!!! that SUCKS- even if they win 35 games that SUCKS- they are STILL A BAD TEAM!!! and have not ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....any surgery where screws or metal plates are put into your leg when you are a 6 foot 10 basketball player that jumps up and down thousands upon thousands of times YAH- I think those are major surgeries.

Are you saying that is not a HUMONGOUS red flag? A kid that is barely old enough to drink having had 3 surgeries with metal coming in and out of his ankle and leg?

I would RUN the other way

Done correctly, his leg should actually be stronger than before the fracture. Paul George had the same injury/surgery.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every team expectations is the same. Teams set reasonable goals/expectations at the start of the year. The goal is to meet those expectations. If not the season is a failure. SIMPLE AS THAT
I dont care if the 76'eres goal is to win 30 games!!! if they win 30 games they still SUCK!!!! No one in their RIGHT MIND would say they had a BETTER SEASON THAN A TEAM THAT ADVANCED IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! no one----

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care if the 76'eres goal is to win 30 games!!! if they win 30 games they still SUCK!!!! No one in their RIGHT MIND would say they had a BETTER SEASON THAN A TEAM THAT ADVANCED IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! no one----

So the Cavs season won't be a failure if they don't win the title? Cool story bruh.

Lebron probably thinks you're full of shit for that ridiculous statement

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about which team is better? What was said was that the Cavs have to win a TITLE in order for their season to not be considered a failure since it is the expectation they're the favorite. You're the only person here who can't seem to comprehend that.
Now, your example might make sense if the 76ers were the favorite as well.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when Kyrie actually plays a whole season. To do that though, we're gonna have to wait until 2016-17, because we already know he's not playing THIS whole season.
despite not playing 82 games he has still established himself as:

One of the best scorers in the NBA
PRobably the best ball handler in the NBA
One of the best shooters in the league
Extremely clutch down the stretch of games!
in a group of Shaq, Kobe, Bron, Magic, Isiah, Garnett to make an all star team before 21!
ROY
3 all star teams!
All Star Game MVP!
Finals Appearance!

Kyrie is a top 20 player in the league. Is on a GREAT contract where he will get about 17M a yer for the next 5 years!!!!

he is a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE asset to have- as Bill Simmons put- the 10th most VALUABLE player when you combine talent and contract in the ENTIRE LEAGUE

Plus- as far as i am concerned- and many other people as well- he is one of the most exciting players to watch in the entire league....

If he plays 72 games instead of 82 like last year thats FINE WITH ME!!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs season won't be a failure if they don't win the title? Cool story bruh.

Lebron probably thinks you're full of shit for that ridiculous statement
I never said that- the CAvs are DEFINITELY in win it all mode and are the FAVORITES to win it- and are considered BASICALLY UNOPPOSED in the East for a reason...but no one in their right mind would EVER say a Cleveland team that made the Finals and lost did not have a season that was a MILLION times better than a 76'eres team that overacheived and won an extra 7 games (and was still a VERY SHITTY NBA TEAM)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!!!! NO YOU DONT !!! thats insane!!

The 76'ers are projected to suck!! to win 20-25 games!! if they win 30 games THATS NOT A GOOD SEASON!!! that SUCKS- even if they win 35 games that SUCKS- they are STILL A BAD TEAM!!! and have not ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING!!

Really not sure why this is so difficult for you. If a team is projected to win 20-25 games and they win 30, it was a successful season based on what they were expected to be able to accomplish.

Is it as successful a season as a team that makes the finals? Of course not. But they exceeded their expectations, so it's a successful season because it shows they are headed in the right direction.

It really can't be explained in much simpler terms. At this point you are either unwilling or unable to grasp the concept.