• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. I think they've acquired their big FA signing for the next 10 or so years.

I have always thought Aldridge was underrated. It will be interesting to see how he steps up on a championship contending team. I still see Leonard as being the guy that needs to be their leader and step up being the main scorer honestly. Aldridge will definitely get his though.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
161- which is about 83rd percentile

shit man- 168 is about 96% --- thats outta my league

Not if you're life consists of work/school, studying, and posting on SportsHoopla.

But a 161 with the right GPA can be lucrative. Especially if don't buy into the t14 or bust nonsense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then why wouldnt KD want to go there lol. He would be playing with Bron, Love, and Kyrie.

Just imagine:

Kyrie
Lebron
KD
Love
Mozgov

Nice. :clap:

If he's willing to play for the minimum, sure I guess. Problem is, do you move Love to the 5 and slide Lebron to the 4? With the Heat it's doable, maybe Durant has to take a couple mil off per year. In Cleveland, there's no financial way to put it together. Shit, there's an ESPN article detailing how they're going to set a record for luxury tax payment in sports.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, then why wouldnt KD want to go there lol. He would be playing with Bron, Love, and Kyrie.

Just imagine:

Kyrie
Lebron
KD
Love
Mozgov

Nice. :clap:

If I was a prolific scorer I wouldn't go there.

LeBron is ball dominant, as is Kyrie -- although he has become a better spot up shooter.

With the Warriors, Steph and Klay are both good off ball
With the Heat, Wade has already shown the willingness to sacrifice his game for the team.
With the Wizards, Beal is good off ball and Wall is an actual point guard

Not to mention the other pieces these teams have.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a prolific scorer I wouldn't go there.

LeBron is ball dominant, as is Kyrie -- although he has become a better spot up shooter.

With the Warriors, Steph and Klay are both good off ball
With the Heat, Wade has already shown the willingness to sacrifice his game for the team.
With the Wizards, Beal is good off ball and Wall is an actual point guard

Not to mention the other pieces these teams have.

I agree. Albeit I want Durant to the Heat. From a basketball perspective, Durant's game goes perfectly with the Wizards, plus Wall and Beal are definitely coming into their prime. I think that's who he bolts for overall though. OKC seems to always take the approach that the Bulls ownership does, and that is to avoid the tax and operate like there's a hard cap. That may or may not be in Durant's mind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Albeit I want Durant to the Heat. From a basketball perspective, Durant's game goes perfectly with the Wizards, plus Wall and Beal are definitely coming into their prime. I think that's who he bolts for overall though. OKC seems to always take the approach that the Bulls ownership does, and that is to avoid the tax and operate like there's a hard cap. That may or may not be in Durant's mind.
analysis like that is why you get paid the big bucks. bravo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought Aldridge was underrated. It will be interesting to see how he steps up on a championship contending team. I still see Leonard as being the guy that needs to be their leader and step up being the main scorer honestly. Aldridge will definitely get his though.

Spurs do not need a main scorer with the way their roster is set up

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell- the only changes Miami made so far are bringing in Green and Amare which obviously does not get them close to #2. If you are counting re-signings as "improving"- which I personally think is completely assinine- but if you are doing so- no one had a better off season than the Cavs resigning LeBron James and Kevin Love- without even mentioning Mo Williams or anything else they might do.

Justise Winslow? Heard of him?

Miami added Gerald Green, Amare, and Justice Winslow to a bench that was literally full of D-Leaguers like Henry Walker last year. Resigning your own players..not a big deal. Especially if the player is expected to return (wade/LeBron)... But a guy like Goran Dragic is a bit nicer. He could have left, took less stayed. I know it was mostly expected, but certainly wasn't a lock.

So let's not count resigning old players... agreed. If we don't count the Spurs, What team has improved more this offseason than the Heat? Name them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he signs with the Wizards because they give him the best opportunity to win.

He'd have a floor general and good perimeter defender in Wall... who is a better distributor than Westbrook

He'd have a shooter in Beal... who will be a star one day

Both are under 25

And the Wizards play in the East.

Oh and he's from that area..if he's into the homecoming stuff.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Of course I'm a John Wall fan so I have vested interest in his success

There are other teams that currently give him the opportunity to win and others that likely will soon. People jump on the "he's from there" because Lebron went back to Ohio. But how many players really ever go back to where they're from to play?

Not saying that he won't go to the Wizards, just that it's far from a guarantee. If he does choose to go to the Wizards, it won't be for lack of other options, that's for sure.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh its not impossible- they would just have to get rid of wade and whiteside-- or wade would have to take a ginormous pay cut and whiteside would have to leave. -they could try and find someone to take Bosh's 25M a year for his mid-thirties contract years but thats rather doubtful...Bosh should age well as a SG though...

Wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you explain that to Wiggy?

Several have tried explaining it to him. The problem isn't that we can't explain it to him. The problem is that we can't understand it for him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be a Heat fan soon enough. He's already a fan of the Thunder and Cavs. What's one more team?

I find it pretty hilarious that the loudest Cavs fan on this board is really a Thunder fan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Wiggy is speaking about Bosh being a SG while Cleveland just paid K-Love a max contract to sit outside and shoot spot up 3's. Nearly half of Love fg attempts per game last year with Cleveland were 3's while less than 25% of Bosh fg attempts per game with Miami were 3's. If there is anyone who is playing like a SG it is clearly Love

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA.png

Miami Heat

Moore: Avoided disaster with Dwyane Wade, and avoided drama with Goran Dragic. Luol Deng opted in to give them a good starter and trade chip, Gerald Green was a great value signing and Amar'e Stoudemire is a good spot-minute veteran. The Heat are stacked. Grade: A+

Harper: The contract stuff with Dwyane Wade was bizarre, but it ended up working with the Heat maintaining flexibility moving forward and Wade recouping some money. Locking up Goran Dragic with the five-year deal was big because now they get to toss out the trio of Chris Bosh, Wade and Dragic, which didn't get to happen once after the trade. The one-year deal with Gerald Green is a minimal risk, but he's going to need to play solid defense for the first time in his career to be on the court. If that doesn't happen, they'll still be missing some shooting depth on the wings. This Heat team looks like they're set to bounce back though. Grade: A-

Wiggy gave us an F though.

Not sure where Harper got the "maintaining flexibility " stuff.
GM/Cap guru Wigmaster says we don't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA.png

Miami Heat

Moore: Avoided disaster with Dwyane Wade, and avoided drama with Goran Dragic. Luol Deng opted in to give them a good starter and trade chip, Gerald Green was a great value signing and Amar'e Stoudemire is a good spot-minute veteran. The Heat are stacked. Grade: A+

Harper: The contract stuff with Dwyane Wade was bizarre, but it ended up working with the Heat maintaining flexibility moving forward and Wade recouping some money. Locking up Goran Dragic with the five-year deal was big because now they get to toss out the trio of Chris Bosh, Wade and Dragic, which didn't get to happen once after the trade. The one-year deal with Gerald Green is a minimal risk, but he's going to need to play solid defense for the first time in his career to be on the court. If that doesn't happen, they'll still be missing some shooting depth on the wings. This Heat team looks like they're set to bounce back though. Grade: A-

Wiggy gave us an F though.

Not sure where Harper got the "maintaining flexibility " stuff.
GM/Cap guru Wigmaster says we don't.

Wait!! What?!? Are these people who actually get paid to follow basketball and know these things? If so, how can Wiggy possibly disagree with them? :noidea:

After all, according to him, they know everything.