• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell do you think Love and LeBron talked about in that meeting? Why the hell do you think Love was WILLING to take the 5 year deal? I mean are you that slow that you cant put it together?

LeBron is going no where- he is waiting for the cap to jump - and for him to be at the right age to lock in a 5 year contract.

Love wanted the guaranteed money- just about everyone does- but LeBron is LeBron and gets what he wants because he is an all time great and does not fear an injury costing him.

LeBron is playing it freaking pefrectly so he maxes out his money- AND gets to play with 2 stars in their primes....and an owner that will pay anything he wants- WHILE rehabilitating his public image....gotta say- the guy has learned some lessons since the decision.
WRONG If that was the case why doesn't Love do the same. LOL man u are slow. They were both suppose to sign long term deal. LBJ went back on his word with Love. This is some great stuff. Love is stuck now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you give a guy that much power and money, sooner or later, he is going to leave collateral damage wherever he goes.
Are you referring to LBJ or Donald Trump?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mentioned earlier. I'm not faulting him for signing the deal he did, it's common sense to not lock in long-term when you could have an $8 million bump in pay next season. I'll fairly judge him when he signs that mammoth 5-year deal in Cleveland next summer after the cap jumps, because I know he will. The one thing I'll watch for is when he has opt-outs embedded in his contract after every season.

Also, Lebron will more than likely be of the Kobe category. Duncan has never relied on pure athleticism, and more on fundamentals (hence his nickname). I've mentioned it before, but given Lebron's minutes, and style of play; he'll break down at some point similar to Kobe - we just don't know when it will happen. It would make sense to take the same precautions that Pop did with Duncan. But the Cavs have done the exact opposite, Lebron led the league in MPG, and I don't see that changing given the depth issues at the wing for Cleveland.

I just saw on ESPN that Lebron has over 18,000 minutes played in the last 5 years. After him, Durant somewhere in the mid-15,000 mark. Something to think about.
I disagree with you on the Kobe/LeBRon/Duncan stuff in that- LeBRon has a few nice things going for him- A and B being that he has Love and Kyrie- who can carry a lot of the load.....and I mean- you saw it this year- LeBron sat out 2 weeks to get healthy, and sat out other games- and played a career low in minutes.

the CAvs are going to take care of him- and having a very expensive supporting cast around him is part of that- not too mention all the precautions they are taking.

plus - LeBron can just morph into a point forward 4- --- shooting guards go quick- LeBron has the size where he can just move into the post a lot- plus his distributing is freaking MILES ahead of Kobe.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly a quarter of a billion in a lifetime to play a kid's game. I think I have been screwed like there is no tomorrow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG If that was the case why doesn't Love do the same. LOL man u are slow. They were both suppose to sign long term deal. LBJ went back on his word with Love. This is some great stuff. Love is stuck now.
God...its like talking to freaking children

did you watch Kevin Love this year? Kevin Love is not freaking LeBron James- EVERYBODY took the guaranteed money besides LeBron- Butler, Aldridge, EVERYONE- especially Love with his back issue concerns.

I mean there is all this speculation about Butler taking a 1 year deal to go back into free agency- he takes the guaranteed cash- and then you have the outright stupidity to ask why Love didnt go year to year? for shits sake man! pay fucking attention. Your OWN guy did the same thing- and he is younger than Love and with less injury concerns....honestly sometimes explaining this CB stuff makes me think i am speaking with down syndrome patients.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and seriously here is another lesson

the Cavs have Loves full bird rights- thats why he gota 5 year deal

since James signed as a free agent this year- the Cavs do not yet have his full bird rights- so he CANT sign a 5 year contract- and CANT get the higher raises associated with full bird rights

That is yet ANOTHER reason LeBron is waiting to do a 5 year deal- besides the obvious incentives outlined in the graph abouve where he can get an extra 105 Million dollars

honestly purguy- i hope you are just trolling because if thats what you actually think id recommend going and drinking some drano.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you on the Kobe/LeBRon/Duncan stuff in that- LeBRon has a few nice things going for him- A and B being that he has Love and Kyrie- who can carry a lot of the load.....and I mean- you saw it this year- LeBron sat out 2 weeks to get healthy, and sat out other games- and played a career low in minutes.

the CAvs are going to take care of him- and having a very expensive supporting cast around him is part of that- not too mention all the precautions they are taking.

plus - LeBron can just morph into a point forward 4- --- shooting guards go quick- LeBron has the size where he can just move into the post a lot- plus his distributing is freaking MILES ahead of Kobe.

And those 2 players are injured quite often, which goes back into the constant debates about Love, and more specifically, Irving's health. Lebron still led the league in MPG even if it was a career low. Lebron has a expensive supporting cast around him, even though Shumpert and Thompson are overpaid. But who's your wing behind Lebron? Who's your other 2-guards? Because Shumpert seems to be the only one who can plug into either the 2 or 3, and last I checked he will probably be your starting 2-guard. So they can't take Lebron off the floor as much as you think they can.

His distributing is better than Kobe's ever was, I won't even debate you on that. Moving Lebron to the 4 and in the post is great and all, but you then take away what made Lebron so great. He'll be a fine serviceable 4 in his later years. But at that point, you know he's no longer the player he is at his prime.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think it shows that he isn't all in with Cleveland and shows that he wants to leave when 1 things goes bad. It looks like he just has his feet in the water, not his whole body. He can jump ship any year.

Think whatever you want, but he knows exactly what he is doing. He wont stop pushing Dan's buttons until they win a championship, the reason for a short-term contract. He isnt going anywhere, especially with all these young guys signed long-term.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so frusterating that because people have a personal bias against me- they just reflexively put a winner sticker like Chief Lakers fans did on Purguys comment- that is so patently wrong its ridiculous.

I just need to realize that peoples personal bias' mean WAY more to them than the actual facts. Its so ridiculous.

i need to just realize- especially when it comes to the CBA- that people believe the little snippets they want to believe and brush away the rest as too complex to understand and act like it isnt real...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think whatever you want, but he knows exactly what he is doing. He wont stop pushing Dan's buttons until they win a championship, the reason for a short-term contract. He isnt going anywhere, especially with all these young guys signed long-term.

I love to mess with Cavs fans, and to bash Lebron. However, the deal he signed is not something I'm going to bash him on, it makes perfect financial sense to do what he's doing right now. He's Lebron James, the likelihood of him remaining healthy and getting a max 5-year deal when the cap rises is highly probable. No sense in even debating this. Like I said before, if he has opt outs every year in his 5-year deal, then that says something.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its so frusterating that because people have a personal bias against me- they just reflexively put a winner sticker like Chief Lakers fans did on Purguys comment- that is so patently wrong its ridiculous.

I just need to realize that peoples personal bias' mean WAY more to them than the actual facts. Its so ridiculous.

i need to just realize- especially when it comes to the CBA- that people believe the little snippets they want to believe and brush away the rest as too complex to understand and act like it isnt real...

Are you trying to talk yourself away from the ledge? How's the view?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I mentioned earlier. I'm not faulting him for signing the deal he did, it's common sense to not lock in long-term when you could have an $8 million bump in pay next season. I'll fairly judge him when he signs that mammoth 5-year deal in Cleveland next summer after the cap jumps, because I know he will. The one thing I'll watch for is when he has opt-outs embedded in his contract after every season.

Also, Lebron will more than likely be of the Kobe category. Duncan has never relied on pure athleticism, and more on fundamentals (hence his nickname). I've mentioned it before, but given Lebron's minutes, and style of play; he'll break down at some point similar to Kobe - we just don't know when it will happen. It would make sense to take the same precautions that Pop did with Duncan. But the Cavs have done the exact opposite, Lebron led the league in MPG, and I don't see that changing given the depth issues at the wing for Cleveland.

I just saw on ESPN that Lebron has over 18,000 minutes played in the last 5 years. After him, Durant somewhere in the mid-15,000 mark. Something to think about.

Well as far as Lebrons' game, just like he did earlier in his career I believe he will make tweaks year-by-year. He wont have to just yet, but eventually he will a post-up PF type of guy/SF. And when I mean that he will be on the block most of the time, he knows more than any player how much he can take, it is just all about timing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those 2 players are injured quite often, which goes back into the constant debates about Love, and more specifically, Irving's health. Lebron still led the league in MPG even if it was a career low. Lebron has a expensive supporting cast around him, even though Shumpert and Thompson are overpaid. But who's your wing behind Lebron? Who's your other 2-guards? Because Shumpert seems to be the only one who can plug into either the 2 or 3, and last I checked he will probably be your starting 2-guard. So they can't take Lebron off the floor as much as you think they can.

His distributing is better than Kobe's ever was, I won't even debate you on that. Moving Lebron to the 4 and in the post is great and all, but you then take away what made Lebron so great. He'll be a fine serviceable 4 in his later years. But at that point, you know he's no longer the player he is at his prime.

who was the HEats other point guard besides Chalmers? who was their center besides Anthony?

I mean- it comes down to- they have their core- of LeBron/Irving/Love- and have chosen to give money to Thompson and Shumpert- money that looks big now- but very soon will look very reasonable when the cap goes up----- the reality is you cant have 10 million dollar players all over your roster- though they have definitely tried..lol....as a heat fan you know better than anyone- the holes that you have are filled by vets ring chasing- and you hope you get more battiers than you get lewis' ...... having said that- the Cavs depth of Varejao, Mozgov, Thompson, Shumpert, Mo- is actually pretty damn good to have behind a big 3- certainly better than anything Miami had- would u disagree Heatles?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God...its like talking to freaking children

did you watch Kevin Love this year? Kevin Love is not freaking LeBron James- EVERYBODY took the guaranteed money besides LeBron- Butler, Aldridge, EVERYONE- especially Love with his back issue concerns.

I mean there is all this speculation about Butler taking a 1 year deal to go back into free agency- he takes the guaranteed cash- and then you have the outright stupidity to ask why Love didnt go year to year? for shits sake man! pay fucking attention. Your OWN guy did the same thing- and he is younger than Love and with less injury concerns....honestly sometimes explaining this CB stuff makes me think i am speaking with down syndrome patients.

I wouldnt worry about Purguy. He mainly speaks through emotions rather than facts. He hates Lebron, we all know that. So I wouldnt beat yourself up over Purguy's comments. I guess he still upset about Drose banking a game winner and Lebron still taking him to the woodshed lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt worry about Purguy. He mainly speaks through emotions rather than facts. He hates Lebron, we all know that. So I wouldnt beat yourself up over Purguy's comments. I guess he still upset about Drose backing a game winner and Lebron still taking him to the woodshed lol
the emotion is so strong that is just totally blinds him to the actual concrete facts.

but ya- id be a little angry too if my team just pissed away the best chance they will have for the next half decade to get out of the East....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, everyone is wrong except you. :L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, everyone is wrong except you. :L
I am far from infallible- and admit when I am wrong like when I seriously doubted Dragic would shoot 50% from the field- and plenty of others- but when when it comes to the salary cap and the machinations that accompany it- I can say without reservation I have not seen anyone on these message boards that has an understanding near mine.