• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHA

Durant - if he doesnt stay in OKC will go to WAshington- which will present its own set of challenges-

but how would Durant get to Miami? They would lose Whiteside unless Whiteside sucks and they dont have to pay him that much AND they let Wade go

Bosh makes 24 next year
Dragic 19
Whiteside - no bird rights- so they cant go over the cap to resign him
McBob- 6
winslow 3

So right there you are at 52 without Wade and Whiteside

Say Whiteside is HALF as good as the lemmings think he will be- so what? AT LEAST 14M if Robin Lopez is getting 12- more likely something like 16.

Wade? Whats the lowest he would take? 15?

So thats 84.--- so thats 6 million left---- OBVIOUSLY not enough to sign Durant to a 30M dollar contract- which is 1/3 of the cap- which is what he will get.

So they just ditch Wade

69M.....thats still just 21M under the cap- and Durant will be eligible for up to 30M a year.....

The math just does no work unless they get rid of whiteside AND Wade- or if those guys sign deals that are SIGNIFICANTLY under market value--- which is about as likely as a monkey flying out of Mario Chalmers ass.

Translation = :hope: Please, please, please, don't let Durant go to Miami.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still doesnt matter, he cant beat Lebron. He's in his head, just like DRose's. :laugh3:

It's funny now. It's been said before countless times, at some point Durant will over take Lebron as the league's best player (or hell, possibly Anthony Davis). Durant and Lebron will be 27 and 31 respectively this season. Lebron has played by far more minutes and his body has taken a beating over the years. At some point, Lebron will slow down. Although, I'm fully aware of the injuries Durant had last season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation = :hope: Please, please, please, don't let Durant go to Miami.

Poor Wiggy. He's been getting owned on this forum more than usual. Now he's getting worried that the long window he envisioned the Cavs have had might not be as open as he thought it would be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny now. It's been said before countless times, at some point Durant will over take Lebron as the league's best player (or hell, possibly Anthony Davis). Durant and Lebron will be 27 and 31 respectively this season. Lebron has played by far more minutes and his body has taken a beating over the years. At some point, Lebron will slow down. Although, I'm fully aware of the injuries Durant had last season.

Ohh no doubt him or Davis will take over. I really think Davis will he is still very young and becoming great already.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it earlier, if Wiggy wants to refer to Heat fans as "lemmings"; Cavs fans get to be referred to as "boring fucks".

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Wiggy. He's been getting owned on this forum more than usual. Now he's getting worried that the long window he envisioned the Cavs have had might not be as open as he thought it would be.

I am scratching my knaggen as well Heatles84.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is pissed at LBJ. This is some funny stuff. Love signs for 5 years after having a meeting with LBJ saying he is going to sign for the long term and then LBJ signs for 2 years. LOL When will people realize this guy is an ass. Now love is stuck in Cleveland for 5 years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is pissed at LBJ. This is some funny stuff. Love signs for 5 years after having a meeting with LBJ saying he is going to sign for the long term and then LBJ signs for 2 years. LOL When will people realize this guy is an ass. Now love is stuck in Cleveland for 5 years.

I understand why Lebron only signed the deal he did, the salary cap goes up next year and Lebron will go from making somewhere around $22 mil to $30 mil. However, the deal he signs, will likely have an opt out every single year. If that happens, you know how he really feels.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why Lebron only signed the deal he did, the salary cap goes up next year and Lebron will go from making somewhere around $22 mil to $30 mil. However, the deal he signs, will likely have an opt out every single year. If that happens, you know how he really feels.
hes going year by year until the cap jumps up - and then will sign a freaking humongous 5 year deal that takes him from his age 31 to 36 seasons STARTING at like 30M a year.......lets hope he ages like Duncan and not Kobe- and hope the Cavs continue to take a lot of the same precautions that Pop has taken in SAS with Duncan...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think it shows that he isn't all in with Cleveland and shows that he wants to leave when 1 things goes bad. It looks like he just has his feet in the water, not his whole body. He can jump ship any year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell do you think Love and LeBron talked about in that meeting? Why the hell do you think Love was WILLING to take the 5 year deal? I mean are you that slow that you cant put it together?

LeBron is going no where- he is waiting for the cap to jump - and for him to be at the right age to lock in a 5 year contract.

Love wanted the guaranteed money- just about everyone does- but LeBron is LeBron and gets what he wants because he is an all time great and does not fear an injury costing him.

LeBron is playing it freaking pefrectly so he maxes out his money- AND gets to play with 2 stars in their primes....and an owner that will pay anything he wants- WHILE rehabilitating his public image....gotta say- the guy has learned some lessons since the decision.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you give a guy that much power and money, sooner or later, he is going to leave collateral damage wherever he goes.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes going year by year until the cap jumps up - and then will sign a freaking humongous 5 year deal that takes him from his age 31 to 36 seasons STARTING at like 30M a year.......lets hope he ages like Duncan and not Kobe- and hope the Cavs continue to take a lot of the same precautions that Pop has taken in SAS with Duncan...

That's what I mentioned earlier. I'm not faulting him for signing the deal he did, it's common sense to not lock in long-term when you could have an $8 million bump in pay next season. I'll fairly judge him when he signs that mammoth 5-year deal in Cleveland next summer after the cap jumps, because I know he will. The one thing I'll watch for is when he has opt-outs embedded in his contract after every season.

Also, Lebron will more than likely be of the Kobe category. Duncan has never relied on pure athleticism, and more on fundamentals (hence his nickname). I've mentioned it before, but given Lebron's minutes, and style of play; he'll break down at some point similar to Kobe - we just don't know when it will happen. It would make sense to take the same precautions that Pop did with Duncan. But the Cavs have done the exact opposite, Lebron led the league in MPG, and I don't see that changing given the depth issues at the wing for Cleveland.

I just saw on ESPN that Lebron has over 18,000 minutes played in the last 5 years. After him, Durant somewhere in the mid-15,000 mark. Something to think about.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he will be well paid for his misery.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I'm going to type this, but:

I agree with Wiggy.

I think that Lebron keeps the 1 year opt outs going as long as he can get paid more every time the cap jumps. Once it settles, he'll sign a gianormous 5 year deal. Then, it's just a matter of hoping that all of the miles on his body don't catch up to him during those 5 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screen%20shot%202015-06-29%20at%2012.27.42%20pm.png

he will probably wait till the summer of 17 to sign that 5 year deal....

if people cant look at those numbers and get the big picture than God help them.