• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are going to be looked at negatively no matter what. Apparently, there is an unwritten rule among NBA owners/GM's that once a deal is agreed upon, the team that lost the player, backs off during the moratorium.

Good luck getting teams being willing to work with the Clippers going forward.
It would also be career suicide for the agent IMO

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers are going to be looked at negatively no matter what. Apparently, there is an unwritten rule among NBA owners/GM's that once a deal is agreed upon, the team that lost the player, backs off during the moratorium.

Good luck getting teams being willing to work with the Clippers going forward.

If he goes back to LAC. This could open up a shitstorm. Although I dont think every NBA owner/GM will think the same way as LA's front office. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? Lol they have no chance against us

I think they would have had a better chance against you then the teams you played in WC playoffs last year. Just a better matchup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Memphis had a better chance IMO. Warriors in 5 over clips

Nah, memphis didnt have shooters and they are slow. They need more athleticism. The Clips would have held their own and Spurs too. Lucky Warriors....:D

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, memphis didnt have shooters and they are slow. They need more athleticism. The Clips would have held their own and Spurs too. Lucky Warriors....:D

Clips would play at our pace. If you slow the game down and make it ugly. You have a chance to beat the warriors

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I totally agree that I dont think there is any question if LeBron and Dan are buddy buddy- of course they are not- but they without a doubt realize how they benefit eachother in the symbiotic relationship- to get to the ultimate goal- delivering a championship. Gilbert has a ton of money- he wants to be the owner who brought the championship to Cleveland. James wants to enhance his legacy by bringing a championship to Cleveland. It is a business relationship where both of their goals are aligned- and James knows that Gilbert will spend above and beyond what most owners would spend to make it happen - certainly more than Arison anyway- the Russian has proven he will spend- and we will have to see after the rebuilding what teams like the Lakers do in the new harsh environment.

Do you understand how fucking stupid you really must be?
I hope your future bosses never have access to this.

Read that line that YOU THOUGHT OF AND WROTE, then tell us how many times Arison has paid enough to field a champion team.

Now gives us Gilberts count.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman was a pure troll. He was in a league of his own. Never seen anything like that douche

I guess there is a big difference between entertaining troll vs just stupid.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason there is an unwritten rule is the system doesn't work if teams can't work in good faith. The Mavs had a deal in place for Hibbert if DJ hadn't agreed

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Mavericks owner Mark Cuban arrived in Houston earlier today as Dallas tries to fend off the Clippers' 11th hour push

I'm gonna grab some popcorn

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans need to understand that luck is huge part of building a contending team and isn't the insult they seem to think it is. As the late, great Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you've really got something."

I'm on record as saying that the Showtime Lakers were built/maintained on a couple of risky moves, a couple of shrewd trades and a whole lot of just plain ol' luck.

When the Lakers lost Gail Goodrich to the then New Orleans Jazz through the expansion draft (I believe) there was a league rule at the time that the Lakers had to be compensated for the loss. They were given a future first round pick as compensation. It was pure luck that the pick happened to become a #1 pick in the same year that Magic Johnson entered the draft.

They had made a trade at one point which included a future first round pick. That was smart because getting a first round pick always is. However, it was pure luck that they ended up with yet another #1 pick and were able to draft James Worthy.

They took a big risk in trading Norm Nixon, who was beloved by his teammates and Lakers fans, to the Clippers for a rookie guard named Byron Scott.

It was shrewd that they were able to trade for Mychal Thompson later on in the Showtime era, thus improving the team in a needed area (Kareem was pushing 40).

Point is, yes the Cavs have done some things right during this time. Up to and including Gilbert handing over his manhood to Lebron. However, to act like the Cavs had this grand plan to get Lebron back and that all of this wasn't accomplished with a tremendous amount of luck, is simply being willfully ignorant.

Winning the lottery 3 seasons in a row is unbelievably lucky. The Spurs putting together as close to a perfect finals series as has ever been played was also lucky for the Cavs. That was the only reason Lebron even became available. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if the Heat had been able to extend that series to 7 games instead of getting demolished in 5, Lebron would still be in Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason there is an unwritten rule is the system doesn't work if teams can't work in good faith. The Mavs had a deal in place for Hibbert if DJ hadn't agreed

Exactly. Trades and other roster moves are made based on these agreements and to make room for these FA's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans need to understand that luck is huge part of building a contending team and isn't the insult they seem to think it is. As the late, great Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes, it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you've really got something."

I'm on record as saying that the Showtime Lakers were built/maintained on a couple of risky moves, a couple of shrewd trades and a whole lot of just plain ol' luck.

When the Lakers lost Gail Goodrich to the then New Orleans Jazz through the expansion draft (I believe) there was a league rule at the time that the Lakers had to be compensated for the loss. They were given a future first round pick as compensation. It was pure luck that the pick happened to become a #1 pick in the same year that Magic Johnson entered the draft.

They had made a trade at one point which included a future first round pick. That was smart because getting a first round pick always is. However, it was pure luck that they ended up with yet another #1 pick and were able to draft James Worthy.

They took a big risk in trading Norm Nixon, who was beloved by his teammates and Lakers fans, to the Clippers for a rookie guard named Byron Scott.

It was shrewd that they were able to trade for Mychal Thompson later on in the Showtime era, thus improving the team in a needed area (Kareem was pushing 40).

Point is, yes the Cavs have done some things right during this time. Up to and including Gilbert handing over his manhood to Lebron. However, to act like the Cavs had this grand plan to get Lebron back and that all of this wasn't accomplished with a tremendous amount of luck, is simply being willfully ignorant.

Winning the lottery 3 seasons in a row is unbelievably lucky. The Spurs putting together as close to a perfect finals series as has ever been played was also lucky for the Cavs. That was the only reason Lebron even became available. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that if the Heat had been able to extend that series to 7 games instead of getting demolished in 5, Lebron would still be in Miami.

Well I already know this, luck is involved in everything. But wasnt it kind of lucky that the Cavs got the #1 pick their hometown hero was coming out in 2003. Sometimes it just works out your way. What if another team would have gotten the #1 that year. I mean what if the Pistons got Lebron on their roster?? Some things just happen for a reason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"DeAndre should shoot a free throw to determine where he goes. If he makes it, he's a Mav. If he misses, he's a Clipper."

"DeAndre's Mine:
The Mavs: DeAndre told me that I'm his forever lover
The Clips: Well, after loving me, he said he couldn't love another"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons vs Reddick

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Blake Griffin is apparently also on the move...