• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers breaking one of the unwritten rules.

They might as well forget about any future trades.

I hope the other owners unofficially blackball them for this nonsense.
I hear ya. would we expect anything less from a bunch of guys that didn't mind playing for a racist owner?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not scared of the Clippers.
I simply respect the process. Nobody does this, period. Even Dan Gilbert would not be this bush-league.

This is a complete dick move, even if Jordan called them, the Clippers cannot do this and save any reputation.
It smacks of desperation and Doc the GM having his feelings hurt from being graded poorly.

They will literally be blackballed from the other 29 teams.
How many darn free agent decisions and trade were based on a domino effect of the Jordan signing?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply respect the process. Nobody does this, period. Even Dan Gilbert would not be this bush-league.

This is a complete dick move, even if Jordan called them, the Clippers cannot do this and save any reputation.
It smacks of desperation and Doc the GM having his feelings hurt from being graded poorly.

How many darn free agent decisions and trade were based on a domino effect of the Jordan signing?

I agree, not only that but basketball gods will not let them win

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how this plays out, I think we can all agree that Doc's over his head as a GM.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing if the Cavs Haywood-Crawford deal was getting close...they forgot about the whole thing now. Start from scratch after this mess.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's part of the lack of professionalism that has become the culture of the Clippers beginning when Sterling was the owner. After Sterling was bounced, reporters around the Los Angeles area started talking about how shabbily they were often treated by Clippers staffers. Apparently anyone who wrote anything negative about them would find themselves, blackballed entirely, getting screamed at publicly by Clippers staffers, not being allowed access to certain players, etc.

That's not even mentioning the covering of Lakers championship banners during their home games. I don't have an issue with that because it's their home court when it's their home game, but it speaks to the petty way they have typically behaved and how their focus has been on things other than winning.

When Ballmer took over, I thought that would change. But then he turns the Lakers locker room into his personal bar and grill during the playoffs. Again, his building during those games and if the Lakers don't want that happening, they should make the playoffs. But it comes off as pretty disrespectful and I'd never heard of anything like that before.

Now they go and do this. :L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why they created the rule as to why you can't sign until the 9th?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The do it because their fiscal year ends June 30th and they use the 9 days to do audits of the year's finances and to finalize the salary cap.

The issue would be easily fixed, though... by simply starting free agency on the 9th once all that is worked out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always assumed it was a "cool down period" so that players could change their minds if they so chose. But when considering that trades, etc. get made during that time, that doesn't seem to be likely. So, who knows?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The do it because their fiscal year ends June 30th and they use the 9 days to do audits of the year's finances and to finalize the salary cap.

The issue would be easily fixed, though... by simply starting free agency on the 9th once all that is worked out.

See, I knew I was wrong. :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always assumed it was a "cool down period" so that players could change their minds if they so chose. But when considering that trades, etc. get made during that time, that doesn't seem to be likely. So, who knows?

Gordon...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoudemire to Heat rumors heating up... apparently he's meeting with Riley tomorrow