• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a colossal short sighted dick move for any team to pull.

I actually feel bad for Mark Cuban and the Mavericks.

And I hate them more than any other team.

This is extremely rare....if it has ever happened????

It might be a new precedent of low class sleaze.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzlies locked up Gasol as expected but they really need 1 more shooter.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzlies locked up Gasol as expected but they really need 1 more shooter.

I remember hearing they were talking to the Nets about Joe Johnson at one point. Wonder what happened to those discussions.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a colossal short sighted dick move for any team to pull.

I actually feel bad for Mark Cuban and the Mavericks.

And I hate them more than any other team.

This is extremely rare....if it has ever happened????

It might be a new precedent of low class sleaze.

Based on what someone posted on the indecision thread, apparently it almost happened in '99 with Antonio McDyess leaving the Suns to go to Denver.

The difference, however, was that McDyess had second thoughts and contacted the Suns before ultimately honoring his commitment to the Nuggets.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing they were talking to the Nets about Joe Johnson at one point. Wonder what happened to those discussions.
I think Mo Williams was their top target but thats off the table now.

I think this is the first offseason Memphis has gone backwards in quite a while. They are a very good team but they don't have any offensive options against San Antonio or Golden St.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what someone posted on the indecision thread, apparently it almost happened in '99 with Antonio McDyess leaving the Suns to go to Denver.

The difference, however, was that McDyess had second thoughts and contacted the Suns before ultimately honoring his commitment to the Nuggets.

Samething happened here.

Look, I think it's a total dick move by DeAndre and the Clippers.

But, it has happened before as you mentioned.

Plus, why is it okay for a Team to change their minds, but not the player?

The Kings had a verbal agreement with Iggy and canc it.

That's how he ended up with the Warriors.

FWIW: I think he sill still go to Dallas.

Ramona Shelburne: On Monday DeAndre called Blake and told him he was having second thoughts. Then he called Doc. Now we’re interpreting emojis.
– via Twitter ramonashelburne

Ramona Shelburne: I’d heard DJ wanted to take the weekend to decide and announce he was leaving. Instead did so on Friday because other teams needed to know

Ramona Shelburne: If you’ll notice, there’s been no tweets on the matter from his @DeAndre Jordan account. Unlike other FAs who tweeted immediately to confirm

Reactions: DJ

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mo Williams was their top target but thats off the table now.

I think this is the first offseason Memphis has gone backwards in quite a while. They are a very good team but they don't have any offensive options against San Antonio or Golden St.

They lose any key players to free agency?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose any key players to free agency?
They basically swapped Koufas for Brandon Wright. Probably a push. But they can't use Tony Allen against most playoff teams now (probably only worth it against the Thunder) so their remaining lineup isnt talented enough to compete with Golden St or SA

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood this moratorium period. Either start the process or not. Work out the salary cap issues and then start free agency. Regardless of what DeAndre does, next summer will be different.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They basically swapped Koufas for Brandon Wright. Probably a push. But they can't use Tony Allen against most playoff teams now (probably only worth it against the Thunder) so their remaining lineup isnt talented enough to compete with Golden St or SA

I feel bad for the Grizzlies. They're a great team in a nasty conference, and their city's not even in the west.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has happened before. Boozer gave his word to a blind man and then changed his mind when offered more money from another team. It doesn't make the player look good, and the decisions of the big free agent targets help shape the rest of the process. However, until someone signs a contract....

What does Cuban do if DeAndre signs with the Clippers? Cuban mentioned he would have gone into tank mode if they didn't sign DeAndre (doesn't Boston have their 2016 first rounder?). Does Dallas change their minds about Wes Matthews. I believe Wes has the same agent as DeAndre. Does Cuban maybe want to pursue a trade with Indiana involving Hibbert and Ellis?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has happened before. Boozer gave his word to a blind man and then changed his mind when offered more money from another team. It doesn't make the player look good, and the decisions of the big free agent targets help shape the rest of the process. However, until someone signs a contract....

What does Cuban do if DeAndre signs with the Clippers? Cuban mentioned he would have gone into tank mode if they didn't sign DeAndre (doesn't Boston have their 2016 first rounder?). Does Dallas change their minds about Wes Matthews. I believe Wes has the same agent as DeAndre. Does Cuban maybe want to pursue a trade with Indiana involving Hibbert and Ellis?
Well to be honest its been a week so cuban knows he should locked him up by now. I would try and steal LBJ if I was Cuban. We know LBJ likes to leave. Besides that there isn't many moves left for him this year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deandre is an idiot in the first place. He left 30 mil on the table to play for a less talented team, most likely, and left a team where he fit in the scheme perfectly. It's his own damn fault.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samething happened here.

Look, I think it's a total dick move by DeAndre and the Clippers.

But, it has happened before as you mentioned.

Plus, why is it okay for a Team to change their minds, but not the player?

The Kings had a verbal agreement with Iggy and canc it.

That's how he ended up with the Warriors.

FWIW: I think he sill still go to Dallas.

Ramona Shelburne: On Monday DeAndre called Blake and told him he was having second thoughts. Then he called Doc. Now we’re interpreting emojis.

Ramona Shelburne: I’d heard DJ wanted to take the weekend to decide and announce he was leaving. Instead did so on Friday because other teams needed to know

Ramona Shelburne: If you’ll notice, there’s been no tweets on the matter from his @DeAndre Jordan account. Unlike other FAs who tweeted immediately to confirm
I think what most are saying is shady is that there were other deals in place had he not agreed to go to the Mavs. I still think Doc is dirty. What makes it worse is that it's all over social media. I mean if you're sending guys out there to talk with him at least keep it quiet. No need to squat on others in the process.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for the Grizzlies. They're a great team in a nasty conference, and their city's not even in the west.

Same with OKC. I wonder how they ended up in the WC.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How big of a factor is Mavericks inability to get a PG playing into this?