• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...dude...beasley would never get any playing time on the Cavs

i have no clue why you guys think he is any good. I mean- have you paid attention to his career or his stats the guy will be lucky just to have a job in the league this year.

I'm not a big beasley fan. You danced around a simple question.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played done zone D center here last year because we were so depleted.
It actually helped spark a big comeback win vs someone because they had to start playing small ball.
I easily could see him on the Lakers this season.

I actually wouldn't hate the idea of Beasley on a vets minimum. He hasn't lived up to expectations, but there are certainly worse players. I know, most of them were wearing Lakers uniforms last year. :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Heat still have big holes in regards to their big man depth, their 3 pt shooting and their wing defense......Winslow helps them get younger and more athletic- as does Whiteside of course...Dragic should help them push it and get easy buckets when pre-Dragic it was a miracle when the Heat scored in transition and got easy buckets.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you Lakers fans would be drinking Kyrie's bath water if he suited up in purple and gold nightly. lol.

Nah, I don't drink warm water. Now, if it's from an ice bath..........probably.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think a roster of Wade, Bosh, Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow, McRoberts, Chalmers can take down the Cavs?

LeBron, Love, Irving, Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Varejao, Delly?

I gotta see how each team finishes though. I think the Cavs will add one more significant rotation player. We shall see. I wouldnt be upset if it was Smith- but id be a lot happier if it was Ross or Ariza.

To be fair, Love, Irving and Varejao will probably be in suits. :heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big beasley fan. You danced around a simple question.
asking me what # bench player he will be when free agency started yesterday? Who the hell knows- I can tell you with just the guys the Cavs have now he wouldnt touch the court unless there wasa slew of injuries. I have no clue who they might or might not get or sign the next week or so.....Worst case Delly and Smith come abck and they sign afew vet minimum ring chasers- best case they swing a deal for Haywood and get a guy like Mo Williams totake the taxpayer mid level.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think a roster of Wade, Bosh, Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow, McRoberts, Chalmers can take down the Cavs?

LeBron, Love, Irving, Thompson, Shumpert, Mozgov, Varejao, Delly?

I gotta see how each team finishes though. I think the Cavs will add one more significant rotation player. We shall see. I wouldnt be upset if it was Smith- but id be a lot happier if it was Ross or Ariza.

When did I ever say or imply the Heat would win?

I think the Cavs win if they are healthy strictly because you have LeBron. HUGE edge over anyone.

Position by position I take Whiteside over Mozgov , Coin toss Love/Bosh.
Coin toss Dragic/Kyrie, Wade easily over whoever your 2 is.

Benches, TBD.

If Riley somehow signs Aldrige , who obviously wants to live in Miami vs San Antonio, then it's game on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wouldn't hate the idea of Beasley on a vets minimum. He hasn't lived up to expectations, but there are certainly worse players. I know, most of them were wearing Lakers uniforms last year. :lol:
I honestly think Swaggy P might be the worst player in the league.

and I have no clue DJ's fascination with JaVale McGee....teams are ALWAYS looking for big man depth and NBA GM's treated him like he had a bad case of Ebola after he got bought out. He is just not a credible NBA player at this point. I feel the same about Swaggy- all though maybe he is bearable with Kobe around to keep him from doing dumb shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say or imply the Heat would win?

I think the Cavs win if they are healthy strictly because you have LeBron. HUGE edge over anyone.

Position by position I take Whiteside over Mozgov , Coin toss Love/Bosh.
Coin toss Dragic/Kyrie, Wade easily over whoever your 2 is.

Benches, TBD.

If Riley somehow signs Aldrige , who obviously wants to live in Miami vs San Antonio, then it's game on.
The Cavs would have the 3 best players in the series. Period.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Wes is leaning towards the Mavs, at least the Kings could still get Rondo! :doh:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is such a dick. Soon as someone is excited about something their team does, his first response is always something dealing with a series with the Cavs when nobody even brought that up.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Swaggy P might be the worst player in the league.

and I have no clue DJ's fascination with JaVale McGee....teams are ALWAYS looking for big man depth and NBA GM's treated him like he had a bad case of Ebola after he got bought out. He is just not a credible NBA player at this point. I feel the same about Swaggy- all though maybe he is bearable with Kobe around to keep him from doing dumb shit.

Worst player in the league is a bit of a stretch, but he definitely has been more interested in having fun than being serious about his craft. When the Lakers first got him, I was hoping that he'd figure some things out and start reaching some of his potential. But he's now 30 and has been in the league 8 years. At this point, he is who he is.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- like i have said a milliontimes- no one ever passes up a maxoffer while they are restricted and signs the 1 year tender to play it out and get to free agency. It just never happens. Even with Butler's perfect storm of circumstances to test that unwritten rule- he still took the long term deal. Butler doesnt exactly relish being the 2nd option behind Rose, the Bulls are notoriously cheap about spending, the cap situation where a max deal is so much more in a year or two, Butler wanted to go to LA and LA really wanted him....I mean- a PERFECT storm of factors occurred and Butler still signed the deal because thats just what you do. No one ever turns that max offer down.

I guess Monroe did play out his restricted year at the tender offer- but he was not offered a max by Detroit. Its just so hard to pry away these guys that are restricted free agents.

having said that- The Lakers should maybe look at Tobias Harris- hes 22 years old. 3's are practically impossible to find. You might have to give him a max- but at least that gets the ball rolling and you add a young player that can play both ways athletically.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not too heart broken to see Portland not sign Matthews to a huge deal. Dude always thought he was better than he really was and seemed to take the big final shots when he had no business doing so. Yet, he was great leader and brought the team together...still those skills weren't worth what he was asking.

Regardless, Olshey again fails to sign anyone of meaning. He lost the entire core of the Blazers without even once building on it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs would have the 3 best players in the series. Period.

If you say so. But you're wrong.

I'm still wondering what you think of CBS sports list of top FA which had Dragic 6 and Love 8.

What you need to learn and understand is that you need to quit looking at just names.
If that's all it took to win, the Spurs could have never beat us, let alone destroy us.

The formula to beat James is to be very good at team ball, while having someone or 2, that can make James have to work hard on both ends of the court.

It's worked the last 2 Finals, and that's the roster Riley is trying to construct.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is such a dick. Soon as someone is excited about something their team does, his first response is always something dealing with a series with the Cavs when nobody even brought that up.

honestly. you gotta read man. I had 2 posts on how bad beasley was and you and turnup asked me what he would play on the Cavs----and DJ brought up Irving in his posts...just a little reading would enlighten you to that fact....but if you really feel like whining, have at it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. But you're wrong.

I'm still wondering what you think of CBS sports list of top FA which had Dragic 6 and Love 8.

What you need to learn and understand is that you need to quit looking at just names.
If that's all it took to win, the Spurs could have never beat us, let alone destroy us.

The formula to beat James is to be very good at team ball, while having someone or 2, that can make James have to work hard on both ends of the court.

It's worked the last 2 Finals, and that's the roster Riley is trying to construct.
look at ESPN or SI.....SI had Dragic 13 behind Brandon Knight, lol.....