• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOffical all things Sterling thread

Do you agree with Jabbar

• Yes I agree

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • No I dont agree

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Jay Z a part owner or not? Is Wikipedia right or is starbrigd?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he said every white person in existence should be tortured, then executed, still no one would bat an eye.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if he said every white person in existence should be tortured, then executed, still no one would bat an eye.

No that would just be the mentally ill musings of a tired old man.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am the only person that says kick D Ster to the curb and fire LJ.

They are both pricks.

This isn't the first time for racism from either of them.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wise to what is going on...

lol. well played though. Indeed.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am the only person that says kick D Ster to the curb and fire LJ.

They are both pricks.

This isn't the first time for racism from either of them.

The problem is that Sterling's personal opinion shared in private with his domestic partner is none of our damned business but Larry Johnson chose to spew his racism on twitter. If Larry Johnson isn't banned for life, I'm going to need to re-assess my interest in this league. I'd be content to let it go. College b'ball is much better.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling viewed himself as a slave owner.

Funny how Jews always bitch about how they're hated, yet they are the most racist of all.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey starbigd, I'm outside your house right now taping the conversation you're having with your wife in your bedroom. And I'm going to sell it to TMZ.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

Did everyone read Mark Cuban's opinion? Has it been posted in this thread?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban is saying the same thing. This conversation Sterling had is NO ONE'S BUSINESS. If it were a black leader being illegally taped by a white woman, the public outrage would be swift and merciless.

We can't fix every problem in the world. I get that and I agree, but with all due respect this conversation is now everyone's business because it was made public and it does reflect the opinions of a business owner in a unique position of power and the ability to exploit the others for profit. While we as a society cannot fix every problem - WE CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM RIGHT NOW AND THEN MOVE FORWARD TO THE NEXT PROBLEM. The Cuban Attitude is the reason I have ended up with cars that were no longer worth repairing. Those $100 dollar repairs adds up after awhile.

More important the NBA does not belong to the 30 owners. The NBA belongs to everyone and the the owners, players and coaches are stewards of keeping the NBA going forward for the fans now and for the next generation. What we don't need or want is an owner who by his own mouth admits that he hates black people. If you want to put the woman in jail fine - but without her the straw that broke the camels back and became enough to force him out - would not have happened. The woman did this country a fine service and I thank her(I know this is going to go well for the Sterling defenders/racists)

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban is saying the same thing. This conversation Sterling had is NO ONE'S BUSINESS. If it were a black leader being illegally taped by a white woman, the public outrage would be swift and merciless.

....at the white woman. Shed be in cuffs by now.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake outrage. I don't condone what he said but this is just over the top bullshit. Everyone has been complacent with him writing checks but all of a sudden it's a probelm because of some comments he made in the privacy of his own home? NBA executives calling for segregation on an open platform is outrageous. Why isn't he banned for life?

riiiight.gif

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson and his bucket of wealthy friends just got themselves a team................I wonder if Phil can get out of that NY contract now..........

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard his opinion yesterday and I personally don't think he said anything wrong - he merely said that removing an owner is going down a slipper slope that they have to be cautious, listen to all of the evidence and evaluate first. I think any smart business man would want to do that first. Isn't that just good business? The guy never said he wouldn't vote Sterling out - He just said he needs to look at everything first

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jay Z is a 1% owner of the Nets and a certified NBA agent.

I still believe the photo was taken when he owned a greater portion. Nobody cares that this guy can't complete a sentence without saying ni@@a, is a FPN follower, whose basic tenet is "Fuck all white people!" But is celebrated and cherished?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's right, and the owners aren't going to set the precedent that that's acceptable. They know damn well it could easily be twisted to apply to them next.

But even if the owners were to vote to boot him, from the text of the NBA rules for franchises that has been posted, there has to be an actual concrete contract breach for the owners to be capable of kicking him, with I think it was 75% of the vote. He will take the league to court and it could easily cost them near a billion dollars if they kick him without a contractually valid reason.