• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Richards death watch

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've also heard people say it's eerily similar to his presser in Vancouver, so.

in so much as he is saying all the right things ... we will wait on the whole doing the right things part

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didn't show up and say hello and have his assistants finish off the presser for him.

See, he is a changed man.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didn't show up and say hello and have his assistants finish off the presser for him.

See, he is a changed man.

with the canucks he had Sull-y and Gull-y

he has decided to keep the existing assistants with cbj because he can call them Harts-y, Lars-y and Clark-sy

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My season ticket liaison has not had a good morning.

Have you ever had to watch someone you love be sick? They have good moments, they have bad moments. You look to the future and think how good it can be. You try to build them up. Then it starts to get worse. They go in for a visit, and they remove something. And it suddenly is infinitely worse. Cancer.

That's exactly what's happened here. Except we went out and invited the cancer in, we paid for it. So now all we get to do is watch the suffering get worse. Sure we might get a few more good days here and there, but we will watch this team, as we know it, die.

No way Joey stays in the next contract negotiation. No way Bob regains his confidence getting berated daily. No way any kid gets a fair shot. But Bourque, Boll, Clarkson and Campbell will all get increased roles. They are "Torts Type Players"

That bright future is over. And by the end of next season, we will be clamoring for the happy days of THIS particular dumpster fire. Because THAT one is going to be 20 times worse.

I'll just say this - Johansen, Foligno, Murray, Jenner. Whoever goes first, wherever they go, I go with them. I am not wearing any more Jackets stuff out in public until Torts is gone. I may not be able to just return my tickets, but they are not going to get another fucking penny of my money.

Man, I'm so sorry, 43. This is just unbelievable. Unless its just a plan for a single year while a plan is worked out, I don't understand why anyone would hire John Tortorella.

You're from this area and if you want a team with a better chance now but still with the tradition of crippling, depressing, and soul-crushing failure, well, the Washington Capitals always welcome johnny come latelys. ;)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never you mind 43. After several years of frustration maybe you can trade him for Alain Vigneault.

tumblr_m00r2b2paa1qemb5uo1_250.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm so sorry, 43. This is just unbelievable. Unless its just a plan for a single year while a plan is worked out, I don't understand why anyone would hire John Tortorella.

You're from this area and if you want a team with a better chance now but still with the tradition of crippling, depressing, and soul-crushing failure, well, the Washington Capitals always welcome johnny come latelys. ;)

I know I'm crossing thread streams (which is dangerous), but that's multiple Huey Lewis and the News and Eagles references today (lol).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Ducks' next five are home to the Preds, Wild, Hawks, Stars and Blues. Tough sked. I say Boudreau is gone by game 3 and Randy returns gloriously in time to face the Stars.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm crossing thread streams (which is dangerous), but that's multiple Huey Lewis and the News and Eagles references today (lol).

Its all good dash.

After all ...

Were all here to talk ...

Huey_Lewis_%26_the_News_-_Sports.jpg

/i feel shame :pout:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apu (another Jackets fan): Is there a chance that Bob will break?
Torts' agent: Not on your life, grab me a shake

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched both press conferences (Cbus and VanCity) and two compilation videos of his "greatest" moments.

I feel physically ill.

It sucks because I like the team. I like the makeup. Other than Boll and Johnson, I don't really want to see anyone go. Do I hate how much Bourque and Clarkson make? Sure. Do I wish Rychel had a role? Absolutely. Do I think Tyutin might be just past his expiry date? No question.

But I like the core. Good players, young guys who stick up for each other and genuinely like each other. I like the style they play, and the attitude. They just got in a rut, believing they were world beaters and didn't have anyone light the path to get out (Richard's big flaw) once reality set in.

So the best case scenario is he comes in and just pushes a few buttons and the team gets their heads out of their asses and plays like the team that went on a run last year. They instill the system, they put in the work and they become sandpaper to play against. But if that's all that happens, he will get credit as a mastermind.

Worst case is he comes in, does exactly what he did in NYC and Vancouver and tries to impose his will and system and guts this group. And destroys some promising young guys' confidence along the way. Primarily Bob and Joey.