• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Richards death watch

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
botchfords take (with video)

Botchford: Torts believed in Tanev, but wouldn't pair him with Edler

James Duthie in the cesspool this morning saying the he thinks Torts was more shocked than anyone that he got another coaching job so soon. Relayed a convo he had in the summer with torts after torts called him asking for broadcasting advice ... Torts was full steam ahead with a broadcasting career

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd bring in a pop culture reference from this century, eloco.

:D

Ah. That explains why I just thought it was a horrid, pitchy, painful-to-listen-to-so-I-turned=the-sound-off video. Didn't know it was a 21st century pop culture reference :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botchford

It was no sure thing the Canucks were getting a second-round pick out of the Columbus Blue Jackets for signing John Tortorella.

Initially, Columbus balked at the concept of surrendering a draft pick, arguing the rule that allows for it is either going to be overhauled in January or dissolved.

The NHL at first suggested to the Canucks that they not stand in the way of Tortorella getting back into the league as a head coach.

But eventually the NHL backed out, and told the two sides to work it out on their own.

The Canucks negotiated their way to the second round pick, and it could have been anything, by paying a good chunk of Tortorella’s remaining deal. How much is unclear, but half would seem a good bet.

It was not a breezy negotiation. But the Canucks were adamant about the second round pick. This was a W.

Torts has this year remaining and two more years on a deal that was originally in the five-year, $10 million neighbourhood.

Columbus has to now make a choice of when to cough up the pick, and it must be a pick within the next three drafts.

People around the league expect them to pick the 2017 draft. The theory is they won’t pick this year, the draft is too deep and there’s too much risk they tank. Meanwhile, they’ll be reluctant to pick 2018, especially if they believe in their program, because by then they could have a good team and be in a position where a second round pick could help them at the deadline

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great!

There is no NHL fan base better on YouTube than the Canucks' fan base... bar none.

not a big fan of the canucks song crewCR-JzmYUYAAuYVh.jpg

big fan of the canucks twitter photoshap crew though

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botchford

It was no sure thing the Canucks were getting a second-round pick out of the Columbus Blue Jackets for signing John Tortorella.

Initially, Columbus balked at the concept of surrendering a draft pick, arguing the rule that allows for it is either going to be overhauled in January or dissolved.

The NHL at first suggested to the Canucks that they not stand in the way of Tortorella getting back into the league as a head coach.

But eventually the NHL backed out, and told the two sides to work it out on their own.

The Canucks negotiated their way to the second round pick, and it could have been anything, by paying a good chunk of Tortorella’s remaining deal. How much is unclear, but half would seem a good bet.

It was not a breezy negotiation. But the Canucks were adamant about the second round pick. This was a W.

Torts has this year remaining and two more years on a deal that was originally in the five-year, $10 million neighbourhood.

Columbus has to now make a choice of when to cough up the pick, and it must be a pick within the next three drafts.

People around the league expect them to pick the 2017 draft. The theory is they won’t pick this year, the draft is too deep and there’s too much risk they tank. Meanwhile, they’ll be reluctant to pick 2018, especially if they believe in their program, because by then they could have a good team and be in a position where a second round pick could help them at the deadline

urge_to_kill.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botchford

This sort of amuses me because it sure seems like they've been talking to each other about the idea for a bit, or that the idea was certainly in motion when all those insiders (the affectionally refered to TwatWaffle) were fairly adament that Torts wasn't being discussed by "any" NHL team.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sort of amuses me because it sure seems like they've been talking to each other about the idea for a bit, or that the idea was certainly in motion when all those insiders (the affectionally refered to TwatWaffle) were fairly adament that Torts wasn't being discussed by "any" NHL team.

no actually ... i cant find the article but Botchford said it all happened pretty quickly ... the night before and canucks management was surprised by the call they got

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no actually ... i cant find the article but Botchford said it all happened pretty quickly ... the night before and canucks management was surprised by the call they got

Okay...I guess the wording made it seem drawn out. No way the NHL couldn't have enforced that rule, BTW. Not with all the teams that have already ponied up.