• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd Richards death watch

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts: I predict that Torts turns them around fairly quickly, and by "Torts turns them around" I mean "Bobrovsky regresses to the average". Bob is suddenly average again, Columbus wins a few, Torts gets credit for magical powers, and then it comes crashing down to earth because it's Torts. They would need to have a crazy good rest of the year to hit the expected minimum to get that East WC, but it's possible. Not sure that they could be so consistent with a volcano behind the bench. I do welcome the incessant whining back.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts: I predict that Torts turns them around fairly quickly, and by "Torts turns them around" I mean "Bobrovsky regresses to the average". Bob is suddenly average again, Columbus wins a few, Torts gets credit for magical powers, and then it comes crashing down to earth because it's Torts. They would need to have a crazy good rest of the year to hit the expected minimum to get that East WC, but it's possible. Not sure that they could be so consistent with a volcano behind the bench. I do welcome the incessant whining back.

we will see if thats possible with Torts now at the helm i guess :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming soon to Nationwide Arena - Torts and the Twatwaffle

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

george-castanza-eating-popcorn-seinfeld-animated_zps8jbumanq.gif

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was all part of my evil master plan.

Hiring Torts now should make it just enough time for ticket sales to bottom out enough to move the team in a few years. It just so happens the new arena in Milwaukee should be ready for the '18-'19 season.

180?cb=20100702150413

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was all part of my evil master plan.

Hiring Torts now should make it just enough time for ticket sales to bottom out enough to move the team in a few years. It just so happens the new arena in Milwaukee should be ready for the '18-'19 season.

View attachment 42842
Arena in QC is open for business.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it speaks to the current dearth of head coaching candidates in the NHL that Torts is back in the league.

I would say that it speaks more to the lack of creativity in the old boys club. But I'm sure you know that.

I'm sorry 43.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had twatwaffles cell # Id phone him RIGHT NOW during this Torts presser ... hopefully he has the "Facts of Life" tv show theme song as his ringtone

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey maybe someone will hire him and you guys get a 2nd rounder back.

View attachment 42852

The only thing that is going to happen is Dubinsky is going to move in with him and spend most evenings gently weeping.

Have they completely taken leave of their faculties? The team feels guilty for getting Richards fired because they like him. They hire the absolute opposite of Richards in every way, and every player is thinking that theya re completely fucked and hate their lives. BUT they let the guy that isn't so bad personally still walk around and interact with the team in some way?

How in the fuck do they expect that to ease the transition?

The only positive, THE ONLY ONE, is that Torts will break Twatwaffle in half.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Torts says he needs to have better listening skills ... Bellows would probably chime in and say its actually "communication skills" but Torts probably wouldnt respond to that :noidea:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I haven''t listened to it because I don't like crying at my desk, but apparently the press conference painted Torts as reasonable and open to working with the organization and building bridges with players. Dubinsky especially. Also, his comments about the Jackets on NHL network the other night were rational, insigtful and reasonable.

It could be a sign of a changed man.

But I would put my money on it being like a kid talking with his friends when mom and dad are listening.

John Davidson doesn't take any shit. Maybe he will keep a muzzle on the fucking idiot.
prayer%2Bgif.gif

Give me a break. It's all I have left.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Torts will have everyone blocking shots so less goals will be scored but they won't score at all. Guys will get hurt and he'll be gone after the season if he lasts that long.

Quite a few people laughed at me when I said the same thing (One year) when he went to Vancouver. The game has passed him by. I was the happiest Ranger fan in the country when they hired him and I was even happier when they canned his ass.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I haven''t listened to it because I don't like crying at my desk, but apparently the press conference painted Torts as reasonable and open to working with the organization and building bridges with players. Dubinsky especially. Also, his comments about the Jackets on NHL network the other night were rational, insigtful and reasonable.

But I would put my money on it being like a kid talking with his friends when mom and dad are listening.

John Davidson doesn't take any shit. Maybe he will keep a muzzle on the fucking idiot.
View attachment 42876

Rangers have some excess forwards and I still have my Dubinsky jersey..........

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 42876

I've also heard people say it's eerily similar to his presser in Vancouver, so.