• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Todd gurly suspended for missouri game

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um you and I both know Coleman is 1/2 the RB that Hurley is. Hence why he is at IU. If not he would be at a power school. And look at how inflated his numbers are from who they played and the he had to play the entire game. So yes playing only a single series against Troy is something that matters. Oh and Hurley still has a better yds per rush than Coleman.

Glad you are sticking up for your team, but this much homerism is just bad juju man.

1. Your autocorrect is acting up.

2. Because lower level teams have never had good players.

3. Their stats are extremely similar except for Coleman's receiving yards.

4. Gurly has a much better offensive line to run behind. So playing poor P5 teams shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Since we are counting sitting out, Coleman sat out a qtr and a half vs Mizzuo because of an injury, so really his yards against P5 schools is negatively skewed. Sticking up for your teams best player is never bad juju. See Winston.

Last edited by a moderator:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brin, y'all better win this fucking game now...you hear me?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Coleman is nowhere close to being as talented as Hurley. This is a known fact. So the Horns fan was correct. Yards for the season matter not, but since you brought them up. Especially when you consider UNT, IN State, and BGSU games account for 587 of his total yards. Against P5 schools he has a whopping 254 yds.

C'mon dude!!!! Indiana beat freakin' MIZZWHO! You're trying to tell me Indiana has more talent at the RB position than UGA does even without Gurley?

Thank you. Thank you for admitting to SportsHoopla that you cannot read.

Where in TexasExes post do you read that Coleman is as talented as "Hurley"?

Nowhere, right?

He's saying UGA has more talent at the RB position "without" Gurley than Indiana does.

Do you understand what the word "without" means?

"Without" means you aren't comparing Coleman to Gurley, because there is no Gurley.

Without: "with·out" Preposition

1. In the absence of.
2. Not having or including

Get it now?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're talking about $400 worth of signatures...right?

We're not talking about accusations of r*pe or coaches witnessing a child ******ation in progress....correct?

The NCAA amateurism system and morality with our current CFB system is fucked and fucked to a degree that I'd say it is unredeemable.

I see no sensible and reasonable way around that conclusion. As fans we either go along to get along or apply enough ($$$$$) pressure to change it.

Screw the apologists!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so you're one of those, eh?

Can you name any recent top player to chose IU? It is a known fact to succeed at IU or Purdue it has to be a system and players who specifically fit that system. Not the same as top players who can play in any system or scheme and thrive.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name any recent top player to chose IU? It is a known fact to succeed at IU or Purdue it has to be a system and players who specifically fit that system. Not the same as top players who can play in any system or scheme and thrive.

It's about developing players. This year will be the first since '97 that your alma mater won't have a player drafted into the NFL.

In the last 6 years Indiana has had 9 players drafted, 4 in the second round.....:dance:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Your autocorrect is acting up.

2. Because lower level teams have never had good players.

3. Their stats are extremely similar except for Coleman's receiving yards.

4. Gurly has a much better offensive line to run behind. So playing poor P5 teams shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Since we are counting sitting out, Coleman sat out a qtr and a half vs Mizzuo because of an injury, so really his yards against P5 schools is negatively skewed. Sticking up for your teams best player is never bad juju. See Winston.

Thank you. Thank you for admitting to SportsHoopla that you cannot read.

Where in TexasExes post do you read that Coleman is as talented as "Hurley"?

Nowhere, right?

He's saying UGA has more talent at the RB position "without" Gurley than Indiana does.

Do you understand what the word "without" means?

"Without" means you aren't comparing Coleman to Gurley, because there is no Gurley.

Without: "with·out" Preposition

1. In the absence of.
2. Not having or including

Get it now?

To both of you I am on my phone. Autocorrect bit me in the ass.

Now NDHoosier you might want to not give me shit when you put Gurly. :suds:

Also Winston on the field is 100 times the player Coleman is. But it is still bad juju. Something will happen whether on the field or off. Your name is not Jeremy is it? J/K I have had this same conversation with a friend's son who is a frosh at IU. He seems to think Coleman is one of CFBs great RBs too.

RA you need to read where he said RBs. Coleman is not as TALENTED at Gurley, Chubb, or Michel. IU is nowhere as deep or talented as UGA. This is a fact. You can take Michel or Chubb and put them into the IU offense and they would thrive. The reverse cannot be said. So the Texas fan is still right. UGA has a much more TALENTED and DEEP backfield even WITHOUT Gurley.
I know you love trying to be the "smartest" person on the hoop, but you are nothing more than a troll who thinks he is. If you want to make fun of me for auto correct or anything else go right ahead.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about developing players. This year will be the first since '97 that your alma mater won't have a player drafted into the NFL.

In the last 6 years Indiana has had 9 players drafted, 4 in the second round.....:dance:

Yep PU sucks in football and basketball. What else is new?

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coleman might very well be playing on Sundays for years to come. The fact that he played for IU would make no difference whatsoever. Do you know who Walter Payton played for in college?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we're talking about $400 worth of signatures...right?

We're not talking about accusations of r*pe or coaches witnessing a child ******ation in progress....correct?

The NCAA amateurism system and morality with our current CFB system is fucked and fucked to a degree that I'd say it is unredeemable.

I see no sensible and reasonable way around that conclusion. As fans we either go along to get along or apply enough ($$$$$) pressure to change it.

Screw the apologists!

Where is everyone coming up with $400? Have not read anything that gave an amount. Anyone have a link or some chit?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is a stud and could play on any team in the country the kid has a ton of heart let's not tear him down for the sake of a stupid argument.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman might very well be playing on Sundays for years to come. The fact that he played for IU would make no difference whatsoever. Do you know who Walter Payton played for in college?

Why yes I do. He went to Jackson State. Please show me where I said he could NOT play at the next level? Nowhere did I state that or insinuate that. Hell I never brought up the NFL at all. There are quite a few players in the NFL that came from "lower schools". But to compare him to Gurley is a little disingenuous to me. Not the same types of players. In either physical build or the way they play. Gurley is and has been your every down back in college as a freshman in the SEC with 1385 yds his 1st year. He is the same for an NFL system. The same cannot be said for Coleman right now. Does not mean he cannot play in the league for some time.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman is a stud and could play on any team in the country the kid has a ton of heart let's not tear him down for the sake of a stupid argument.

Not tearing him down. He is just not close to Gurley as a RB. Nothing wrong with that either. Hell there are very FEW RBs in the country that are even close to Gurley.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To both of you I am on my phone. Autocorrect bit me in the ass.

Now NDHoosier you might want to not give me shit when you put Gurly. :suds:

Also Winston on the field is 100 times the player Coleman is. But it is still bad juju. Something will happen whether on the field or off. Your name is not Jeremy is it? J/K I have had this same conversation with a friend's son who is a frosh at IU. He seems to think Coleman is one of CFBs great RBs too.

RA you need to read where he said RBs. Coleman is not as TALENTED at Gurley, Chubb, or Michel. IU is nowhere as deep or talented as UGA. This is a fact. You can take Michel or Chubb and put them into the IU offense and they would thrive. The reverse cannot be said. So the Texas fan is still right. UGA has a much more TALENTED and DEEP backfield even WITHOUT Gurley.
I know you love trying to be the "smartest" person on the hoop, but you are nothing more than a troll who thinks he is. If you want to make fun of me for auto correct or anything else go right ahead.

Are you guaranteeing a Georgia win in Columbia?

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why yes I do. He went to Jackson State. Please show me where I said he could NOT play at the next level? Nowhere did I state that or insinuate that. Hell I never brought up the NFL at all. There are quite a few players in the NFL that came from "lower schools". But to compare him to Gurley is a little disingenuous to me. Not the same types of players. In either physical build or the way they play. Gurley is and has been your every down back in college as a freshman in the SEC with 1385 yds his 1st year. He is the same for an NFL system. The same cannot be said for Coleman right now. Does not mean he cannot play in the league for some time.

"Hence why he is at IU" That is what got me. You're one of those guys that thinks just because a player is on a team that isn't that good or on a team that has traditionally been poor that they aren't that good of a player and that's just not the case. If it were the NFL would be made up of players from p5 schools.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Gurley, Michel, and Chubb are all superior to Coleman. And Gurley, Michel, and Chubb will all play in the NFL?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not tearing him down. He is just not close to Gurley as a RB. Nothing wrong with that either. Hell there are very FEW RBs in the country that are even close to Gurley.

Once again you are comparing Gurley to Coleman. :L

That's not what TexasExes was doing.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is everyone coming up with $400? Have not read anything that gave an amount. Anyone have a link or some chit?

seen it several places. SI.com has an article. Goggle Gurley.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSUmanager can't read and process information. :L

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hence why he is at IU" That is what got me. You're one of those guys that thinks just because a player is on a team that isn't that good or on a team that has traditionally been poor that they aren't that good of a player and that's just not the case. If it were the NFL would be made up of players from p5 schools.

I never said he was not a good player. I said he was not as good as Gurley. Please prove that opinion wrong. Hell he may play for 15 yrs in the league. Gurley may get hurt his 1st year and be done forever. Who the hell knows. I have no crystal ball. Plus I do not watch the NFL and never have.

I am talking PURELY in COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Nothing more.