• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today we get some real news about rookies

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No Lattimore at the camp. D'oh!

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 6m

Harbaugh said Marcus Lattimore is "working through something" and won't take part in the minicamp. It's not related to his knee, JH said.

Well as long as it's not related to his knee I don't see it as a big deal.

My guess is they want to ease him back into things since it sounds like it hasn't been long since he's been able to fully work out without concern for the knee. It's probably a case that his body isn't quite ready to handle a full NFL training ensemble yet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot is up in the air right now, particularly when we talk PS. Bykowski has an edge as he was on the PS last year, but it's not like he was a high pick. Only eight players were drafted after him. Marquardt wasn't a highly recruited player out of HS, but probably would have been drafted around the time Bykowski was if he'd been healthy. Possibly higher.

As far as Martin, it remains to be seen if he can get back into the game mentally. I'm not comfortable relying on him until he proves that he can. And Thomas will probably move to guard.

saying doubt there will be two OT's on the PS, that's really it. yes, a lot is up in the air and it goes beyond OT's. they have to develop other spots too, so keeping two spots on the PS for OT's, seem much.

yes, Jonathan Martin has to get back to football, physically and mentally. but ALL players has to prove themselves, and Martin is no different. Steve Johnson will have to prove himself, Bethea will have to, etc.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well as long as it's not related to his knee I don't see it as a big deal.

My guess is they want to ease him back into things since it sounds like it hasn't been long since he's been able to fully work out without concern for the knee. It's probably a case that his body isn't quite ready to handle a full NFL training ensemble yet.

yep, that's what Lattimore said himself a few weeks ago......the knee is fine and its everything else that need to get in shape. this is the time to ease into it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
saying doubt there will be two OT's on the PS, that's really it. yes, a lot is up in the air and it goes beyond OT's. they have to develop other spots too, so keeping two spots on the PS for OT's, seem much.

yes, Jonathan Martin has to get back to football, physically and mentally. but ALL players has to prove themselves, and Martin is no different. Steve Johnson will have to prove himself, Bethea will have to, etc.

I think there's a pretty good chance our active roster ends up being Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Boone, A. Davis, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, and Jonathan Martin. Thomas goes on an injury list. In that scenario, I think there's actually a pretty good chance we keep two OTs on the PS. All our backups in that scenario can play guard. It may be the best position for J. Martin and Thomas. If Marquardt and Bykowski both show promise, I don't see any reason not to keep them both on the PS. Though Ryan Seymour or Al Netter (is he still PS eligible?) might have something to say about that.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a pretty good chance our active roster ends up being Staley, Iupati, Kilgore, Boone, A. Davis, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, and Jonathan Martin. Thomas goes on an injury list. In that scenario, I think there's actually a pretty good chance we keep two OTs on the PS. All our backups in that scenario can play guard. It may be the best position for J. Martin and Thomas. If Marquardt and Bykowski both show promise, I don't see any reason not to keep them both on the PS. Though Ryan Seymour or Al Netter (is he still PS eligible?) might have something to say about that.

Problem solved...

49ers release offensive tackle Luke Marquardt - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ok, if we keep two OT's on the PS, one won't be Marquardt. who else is eligible besides Bykowski?

btw - having Marquardt wasn't a problem.