• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Today we get some real news about rookies

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mini camp is open to the public today. Only rookies and select few veterans are there.

Tank and Lattimore are there and will be doing drills n shit.

Early reports are Ellington is the steal of the draft. People are comparing how he looks in comparison to everyone else to how Owens looked against everyone else his first practice.

I can't wait to see some film of it and hear other peoples opinions of it.

Lattimore running the ball today has to be big news country wide. I hope he looks explosive.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The mini camp is open to the public today. Only rookies and select few veterans are there.

Tank and Lattimore are there and will be doing drills n shit.

Early reports are Ellington is the steal of the draft. People are comparing how he looks in comparison to everyone else to how Owens looked against everyone else his first practice.

I can't wait to see some film of it and hear other peoples opinions of it.

Lattimore running the ball today has to be big news country wide. I hope he looks explosive.

Pretty sure Tank is not there as he was on the active roster for three or four weeks last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Maiocco:

Here are the non-rookies that are allowed to participate in the rookie camp, according to the 49ers:

RB Marcus Lattimore
WR Chuck Jacobs
OL Carter Bykowski
OL Luke Marquardt
OL Al Netter
DL Mike Purcell
P Colton Schmidt

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interested to hear about Marquardt. The guy's a physical specimen, but can he play with the big boys?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys will need to keep me updated because I will workfor the next 11 hours

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Maiocco:

Here are the non-rookies that are allowed to participate in the rookie camp, according to the 49ers:

RB Marcus Lattimore
WR Chuck Jacobs
OL Carter Bykowski
OL Luke Marquardt
OL Al Netter
DL Mike Purcell
P Colton Schmidt

Kind of sucks that Okoye can't get some work in

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 4m

No word on whether Lattimore will be part of #49ers' rookie mini. Eligible. Mini not too different than what he's been doing in fball school

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interested to hear about Marquardt. The guy's a physical specimen, but can he play with the big boys?

after adding Jonathan Martin, think it'll be tough for him just to make the PS. Martin would fill the swing tackle role on the active roster, so Marquardt would have to clearly beat out Bykowski for a PS spot.

there will be 4-5 draft picks we'd likely want to keep on the PS, don't think we'll keep two OT's on it?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
after adding Jonathan Martin, think it'll be tough for him just to make the PS. Martin would fill the swing tackle role on the active roster, so Marquardt would have to clearly beat out Bykowski for a PS spot.

there will be 4-5 draft picks we'd likely want to keep on the PS, don't think we'll keep two OT's on it?

I could see us keeping two OL on the PS. And with Brandon Thomas on the NFI list, I'd just as soon keep two tackles.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No Lattimore at the camp. D'oh!

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 6m

Harbaugh said Marcus Lattimore is "working through something" and won't take part in the minicamp. It's not related to his knee, JH said.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I could see us keeping two OL on the PS. And with Brandon Thomas on the NFI list, I'd just as soon keep two tackles.

yeah, I'm not limiting anything to the PS, but do think we now have enough OT's? we can only develop so many at a time, and that guy is likely Bykowski. if Marquardt beats him out, fine with me, but hard to see two OT's on the PS?

Jonathan Martin will fill back-up OT, Snyder can fill back-up OT, Bykowski is an OT, and next year Brandon Thomas could fill OT if necessary? so while it sounds good keeping two OT's on the PS now, it'll affect another spot being developed.

Marquardt was an undrafted free agent, he wasn't a highly regarded prospect by any means.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, I'm not limiting anything to the PS, but do think we now have enough OT's? we can only develop so many at a time, and that guy is likely Bykowski. if Marquardt beats him out, fine with me, but hard to see two OT's on the PS?

Jonathan Martin will fill back-up OT, Snyder can fill back-up OT, Bykowski is an OT, and next year Brandon Thomas could fill OT if necessary? so while it sounds good keeping two OT's on the PS now, it'll affect another spot being developed.

Marquardt was an undrafted free agent, he wasn't a highly regarded prospect by any means.

A lot is up in the air right now, particularly when we talk PS. Bykowski has an edge as he was on the PS last year, but it's not like he was a high pick. Only eight players were drafted after him. Marquardt wasn't a highly recruited player out of HS, but probably would have been drafted around the time Bykowski was if he'd been healthy. Possibly higher.

As far as Martin, it remains to be seen if he can get back into the game mentally. I'm not comfortable relying on him until he proves that he can. And Thomas will probably move to guard.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that we keep most of our drafted players and hardly ever pick up guys off of waivers. However, other teams seem to always pick our guys up

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From Maiocco. Son of a...

The 49ers have decided that most of today's rookie camp practice will be closed to the media.