• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: TNF Chefs @ Chargirls

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My read on the AFC is that its going to come down to whoever is healthiest when the playoffs start. I think when healthy, Tennessee has the best roster but they are almost certainly going to be missing key pieces. The Chiefs and Bills are pretty close to the same team. Chiefs are a little better in the trenches and run game but Allen has been a little better than Mahomes this year. Chargers have all of the pieces but they lack consistency and a home field advantage. Id group them like Arizona in many regards. Bengals are probably in the same boat.

The thing about the Patriots is that their defense is the best unit - offense or defense - of any unit in the AFC. If they lose then it will be because another team will play 'bend but dont break' against them and Mac Jones will eventually show up as the weak link. I do think other AFC teams will be able to limit the Pats offense.

The Bills are done for this year. BB signed a lease for an apartment in Sean McDermott's head and they will need to hit the reset button and make some off season changes. I imagine it's demoralizing that they had a one year window to overtake the Pats. Ok, I exaggerate a bit, but you get the idea.

Good point about the Titans. If healthy, they are an absolute problem. But I still like the Chiefs with Mahomes and his weapons. And the defense, with Chris Jones, they are plenty good enough to allow the offense to win games (duh).

Don't underestimate Mac. He may be the weak link at the moment, but is on a upward trajectory. And like Brady's early years, he's just a game manager who has a very high football IQ.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are done for this year. BB signed a lease for an apartment in Sean McDermott's head and they will need to hit the reset button and make some off season changes. I imagine it's demoralizing that they had a one year window to overtake the Pats. Ok, I exaggerate a bit, but you get the idea.

Good point about the Titans. If healthy, they are an absolute problem. But I still like the Chiefs with Mahomes and his weapons. And the defense, with Chris Jones, they are plenty good enough to allow the offense to win games (duh).

Don't underestimate Mac. He may be the weak link at the moment, but is on a upward trajectory. And like Brady's early years, he's just a game manager who has a very high football IQ.
I wouldn't underestimate Josh Allen just because you guys played him in a windstorm. Bills still have another chance to prove themselves one way or the other.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't underestimate Josh Allen just because you guys played him in a windstorm. Bills still have another chance to prove themselves one way or the other.

I love Josh Allen. Although I like Justin Herbert slightly better as the best young QB. Herbert is a better pure passer.

But the Bills are two back from the Pats and play in Foxboro. They could still take the division, but it's a long shot me thinks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a narrative that Staley is the advanced metrics coach because he always goes for it on fourth down but the pff model I saw actually had the Chiefs even with the Chargers on expected points even though they kicked some fgs. What balanced things out was the idea that the Chargers ran the ball too much.

So neither coach is really a full representative for that brand of thinking. They both certainly have tendencies, though.