• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TJ Ward: "We're going to be one of the best defenses in the world"

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety T.J. Ward said that everybody on the defensive side of the ball is looking to “make a statement from point go, from the first preseason game” so that opponents no longer go into games against Denver worried only about the Manning-led offense.

“As good as the Broncos offense was last year, you see what happens when you get put up against a stout defense and an offense that can pretty much manage and make some plays here and there,” Ward said, via Tom Pelissero of USA Today. “We’re sending a message right now that we’re coming in not only trying to be one of the top offenses in the league, but one of the top defenses in the world and get that Super Bowl ring.”

T.J. Ward: We?re trying to be one of the best defenses in the world | ProFootballTalk

Hopefully it holds true

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it`s even worst odds for defending champ than the loser Walker, especially when you have a very bitter taste in your mouth from an ass whooping. Its hard no matter what to get back regardless.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people have absolutely no clue how hard it is to make it to the SB let alone win it. Fans say this team sucks, that team stinks, have no clue how close NFL teams really are in talent. The key for the Broncos will be getting off to a fast start, if they do they'll put last year in the rear view. Stay healthy, have another good draft with players that contribute and they will be right there. As a fan, that's realistically all you can ask for.

As for the D, they should be faster and more physical. They should be a real good D and maybe even a top 3 D. If they are............

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Ward might be talking about his "legal defense?"

I gotta hand it to you, that one was pretty good. :suds:

(watch out, because I'm throwing one of those mugs at you after I finish my drink!)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it`s even worst odds for defending champ than the loser Walker, especially when you have a very bitter taste in your mouth from an ass whooping. Its hard no matter what to get back regardless.

Historically speaking, the last losing team to make it back to the Super Bowl the following season was Jim Kelly's Buffalo Bills. Since then there have been two teams who were repeat winners. The last team to lose the SB and come back the following season to win it was the Miami Dolphins in 1972.

Wouldn't mind at all if this team followed Miami's example though:lol:

As for Ward, won't take much to handle a misdemeanor. Still not what you want to see right before the season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sporting News agrees with TJ's assessment, predicting that Denver will have the fifth most dominant defense in the league this year: Stingy and nasty: NFL's 10 most dominant defenses for 2014 - NFL - Sporting News

If you're like me and you hate the "slide show" format of the piece linked above, here is the snippet about our team:

"2013 stats: No. 22 in scoring defense (24.9 points per game), No. 19 in total defense (356.0 yards per game)

Last season's numbers were somewhat decent. Remember, the Broncos dealt with a mess of injuries and opponents piled garbage-time points trying to catch up in blowouts. Those stats are about to improve because of three top-level veteran pickups: right end DeMarcus Ware, safety T.J. Ward and cornerback Aqib Talib.

Ware will get a hand in everything while boosting the pass rush. And there's a bonus: He is the good influence on trouble young stud linebacker Von Miller.

Ward and Talib will make plenty of plays, and the secondary rounds out well with rookie first-round pick Bradley Roby and the healthy return of Chris Harris Jr. Pass rushers and defenders will have opportunities to make plays because the offense can and will let them work with leads."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a great article breaking down how the Broncos will use TJ Ward this season. I actually did not know how good he was in coverage until I watched this. Now given this is one game against the Patriots but hey what better way to assess his abilities than watching him matched up against the best TE (in my opinion) in the NFL when healthy. Now obviously everybody remembers the big hit that eliminated Gronk from the game but TJ Ward was causing problems for Gronk all game not just that play.

Film Study: TJ Ward - Mile High Report