• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tix on sale

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds single-game tickets are going on sale Saturday. Some rather interesting promotions, though souvies won't draw me to the stadium. If you are a T-shirt guy, here's one.

T SHIRT TUESDAY

I would guess that the advance sales for tickets would be worse this year, except for Cardinals and Cubs games ... but this is the most pessimistic I have seen from the fan base in quite some time.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a weekend partial season tix buyer- yesterday was opening day buy day- it took me 1-1/2 hrs to get in to buy tix on line, so there must not be too many staying away. Possible many package buyers due to better opportunity for A-S event tix for those people. Individual game tix sales may suffer though.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the announced attendance for the season will surprise some peolpe. These All Star games boost season ticket sales. Every knuckle head that purchases a plan just for the special event rights boost attendance by 81 × number of seats in the plan. Stubhub and such types add to the total.

The pricing to purchase AS strip is in the neighborhood of 20× regular single game season pricing. Imagine what the scalpers are going to be asking.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I usually notice, weeknight games through the first of May are fairly lame and pick up a bit when the defined pennant races emerge, along with the "it's a school night" explanation. A couple of things might matter this year -- first off, the Reds are playing the AL-C in interleague, which will bring the Tigers and Royals into town. Both of those teams could be contending again. Cleveland naturally. The Twins series will be lame, I suppose. Sox don't come to Cincy, the schedule says. So much for balance.

The fact that at least 3 of the NL-C teams are contenders will help and the automatic appeal the Cubs fans have -- if their team is better, the Wrigley ticket will be a tough buy -- so those games will draw pretty well, weather permitting.

Since I don't live nearby, I will maybe hit one or two games this year, though I have to drive 5 hours to do it. Going to Wrigley is a better deal for me provided it's a day game. Night games are too damned cold up by the Lake.

This year, I might venture over to Cellulite field to see our Redlegs.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 seats-20 game package-all weekends -in the sun/moon deck. I think they cost about $22 a seat per game or about $900 total. The AS strip for the same 2 seats is $1254. That gets you a futures game & celebrity softball game on Sunday, a "work out day" and HR derby on Monday, and the AS game on Tuesday. They throw in a 4 day AS fan fest ticket and a program. If you went to all 3 actual "events" at the park, that's $209 a seat per day for the $22 seat, not including parking, which I expect to be a minimum of $25, IF you can find one a short bus ride or $30 cab fare from the stadium.

Just for opening day, you need to be there about 10 AM to park within a mile of the stadium for a 4:10 start time, so I expect the AS events to be much worse. I'll probably pass on my AS "opportunity", stay home and watch the HR derby and AS game there. Beer is cheaper and colder, restrooms are closer and cleaner, view is un-obstructed, and parking is a lock. Besides, I've already been to an AS game- the 1970 Rose/Fosse collision game. I was 11 years old and my ticket cost 35 Campbell's soup labels, my reward for being selected as a Little League All-Star... back in the days when dad's didn't choose them, no one on the team had a mustache, bats were made of wood, and you only got a trophy for 1st place.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the popularity of the Banks and the city in full celebration it has become quite an effort to just walk through the crowds on Opening Day. The All Star event will be total grid lock I'm sure. The fanfest is at the Convention Ctr. and it's crowded with 12,000 Reds' fans at Redsfest, can't imagine how they'll fit the crowd the All Star fanfest will attract.