• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Title run?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our trade deadline was AS game yesterday in my money league. (Points, 15 team) Can't find the thread, but a while back I traded Verlander and Eaton for Samardzija and Heyward. Turned Heyward into Anibal. Turned Shark and Plouffe into Wright. Turned Wright into Dozier and Myers (might turn out bad)... but flipped Myers for Ruiz (to expand my C options). Also moved Moss and Mookie for Davis and Andrus.

At the deadline last night, I made a couple of deals, trading Cron for Liriano, then swapping Liriano, Anibal and Rosario for Verlander and Wheeler. Final tally looks like this, as I sit in 1st at 23-7. (we play two games per week)

C - R. Martin
1B - C. Davis
2B - B. Dozier
3B - N. Arenado
SS - E. Andrus
MI - J.J. Hardy
CI - A. Rendon
OF - B. Hamilton
OF - J. Jones
OF - J.D. Martinez
OF - C. Yelich
DH - V. Martinez (must be real DH, or 2nd catcher)
UT - N. Swisher (must be multi-position eligible)

Bench: C - Grandal, C - Ruiz, UT - Colabello, OF - Viciedo

SP - C. Kershaw
SP - A. Wainwright
SP - M. Scherzer
SP - C. Sale
SP - J. Verlander
RP - K. Jansen
RP - H. Street (tried to move him for a more secure closer but couldn't)

Bench: Rubby DLR, Z. Wheeler, Alex Meyer

I like my chances. Definitely the best staff I've ever assembled and my hitters didn't suffer so much. Got lucky in the OF, with JJ and JD-Mart, both of whom I think can sustain quality fantasy production, ROS.

If you had to stash a minor league hitter right now, who would it be? I recently let Kris Bryant go, but I'm not married to Grandal or Viciedo, ...or Colabello but I'll probably keep him around until Mauer gets back. Any phenoms about to be awakened that are going off my radar?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wanted to get your opinion for next week...

Verlander @ ARI -- or -- Wheeler @ SD, @ MIL -- or -- RDLR vs KC, @ TOR

I'm leaning toward Wheeler, since I can afford to "miss out" on a JV shut out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wanted to get your opinion for next week...

Verlander @ ARI -- or -- Wheeler @ SD, @ MIL -- or -- RDLR vs KC, @ TOR

I'm leaning toward Wheeler, since I can afford to "miss out" on a JV shut out.

I think I would take Wheeler, but I have to say I like most of the trades you made, but hate the last one. In essence, you moved 3 useful players for 2 pitchers who are going to blow up your ERA and WHIP. I will believe the hype on Wheeler when I actually see it. I think he has good stuff, but will not be anything better than a match-up play until he gets the BB rate under control.

I think your team is good enough, but with that pitching staff, I would using guys like Mike Leake or Dellin Betances to round out the staff rather than dealing for those WHIP whales.

Anyhow, good luck and I hope I am wrong.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your team too TKO
As far as minor leaguers to grab up:
If you can give me some idea as far as how many are gone? Ie any top 50 available? Any top 100?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points league tlance. I was getting scared of Anibal and his disappearing k-rate. Figured the difference in Liriano and Wheeler was minimal, and Rosario wasn't making me giddy. Banking on Verlander again, but as a 5th isn't as scary.... did I mention how I got Sale? Gave Polanco, McCann and Jaime Garcia (two starts before his injury), for Sale and change.

Picked up Joc Pederson and dropped Viciedo. Not many minor league hitters on any rosters...or pitchers for that matter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points league tlance. I was getting scared of Anibal and his disappearing k-rate. Figured the difference in Liriano and Wheeler was minimal, and Rosario wasn't making me giddy. Banking on Verlander again, but as a 5th isn't as scary.... did I mention how I got Sale? Gave Polanco, McCann and Jaime Garcia (two starts before his injury), for Sale and change.

Picked up Joc Pederson and dropped Viciedo. Not many minor league hitters on any rosters...or pitchers for that matter.

OK. Better now. I missed that part. Sorry.

WOW on the Sale trade. Nice work.

By the way, when I was speaking of the 3rd useful player, I was thinking more of Cron than Liriano, but again that all makes sense on a points league. Go get that title.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchers are pretty slim in this league, so McCann was a big deal (even in his down year... boy I was wrong about him). As I said, our UT spot must be a player of multi-position eligibility, so guys like Mauer and Posey were drafted to use that spot... caught the Ramos owner in need, and Garcia was looking great.

And yeah, I like Cron (afterall I created a thread about him in March!), but the Sciosciapath is scaring me again after calling up Navarro... I smell a possible platoon at DH/1B even though Cron is hitting RHP better than LHP.... and at the time, I wanted to "back up" Anibal with an upside buy low... turning them into JV and ZDubb is fine with me. :)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my money is literally where my mouth is, up by 30 with Carrasco and Waino going tonight (almost want a PPD in STL, to have Waino tomorrow and twice in Championship week)...but 30 isn't guaranteed, still gotta finish the win tonight!

C - R Martin
C - W Rosario (just added due to Chris Davis suspension)
1B - V Martinez (lost my DH, but saved my 1B problem)
2B - B Dozier
3B - N Arenado
SS - JJ Hardy
MI - J Ramirez (he's been hot, and Andrus has been pretty useless...and has no lineup help anyway)
CI - A Rendon
OF - C Yelich
OF - JD Martinez
OF - B Hamilton (struggling, but splits better on road)
OF - A De Aza (has been hitting well with O's)
UT - M Betts

Bench - E Andrus, C Young (just added, been hot as a Yank), G Parra (PT issues with Khris Davis returning), J Baez (fun streak while it lasted)

SP - C Kershaw
SP - C Sale
SP - M Scherzer
SP - A Wainwright
SP - Z Wheeler
RP - K Jansen
RP - H Street

Bench - C Carrasco, J Verlander, J Lyles (added, 2-starter, won't start but at least I block my opponent from adding him)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped Rosario and added Morrison. Figured the catcher will sit more this week....and LoMo's HR last night helped too. :)