• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to pull the curtain ? Steelers pre game

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah Tomlin. Undefeated team and ends with this...
"We are singularly, professionally focused on the week that lies ahead for us," Tomlin said. "It’s a short one for us, a long one for Washington. We just respect that. We don’t seek comfort. We realize Washington doesn’t care about our problems, or they’re glad we have them. We proceed with that understanding."

Whatever, inject something into it like, we seek no comfort on a short week to face WASH. Just say the league is against your team, and your team going undefeated so obviously the league didn't afford the Steelers time between games is what he is hinting at. Ok, use that motivation for your team this week Tomlin. I guess that's what NFL vet savy coaches do anyways. If you don't seek comfort than why mention it?
I hope we (WASH) is proceeding with, "let's respect them but also just kick the sh*t out of this undefeated team regardless of the back drop stories. For goodness sakes Tomlin, you are undefeated and always crying about something.
All great coaches ( and players) are never satisfied. It doesn't matter what people think of Tomlin, his body of work cannot be disputed. I'm pretty sure that his remarks though publicly stated, we're aimed directly at his team.

He wasn't happy with the performance against Baltimore and is probably whipping his guys into a thick lather heading into Monday's game. Can't really blame him either, his team is staring that rare undefeated season in the face and based on the last game, complacency appears to be creeping in.

For those hoping for the chance to win this game, it would have been better had they soundly beaten the Ravens. 19- 14 was a wake-up call and Tomlin is using every coaching method in the book to make sure his guys get it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want us to win as many games as possible . to be legit we would have to win our next 5 in a row making that 7 wins in a row . maybe 4-1 .

that being said i dont want us winning 6 games and making the playoffs then draft in the 20's when it should be in the top 10 or so

At this point I want wins too. This is simply my prediction. In a way, I want to see 5 wins make the playoffs because it will be funny.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies to you too because of a previous post submitted in another thread before I saw yours here. As I mentioned in response to @Breed, it was my attempt to give you both props for getting your shots in and hoping to spur you both towards making peace.

I’m not entirely sure what you are talking about, and there is no need to apologize for anything.

I find Breed to be irritating and onerous - sometimes. That’s ok because I find many people here to be irritating and onerous sometimes, and I know they could say the same about me.

In the grand scheme of things, I dont spend a single second thinking about how irritating Breed is sometimes, until I log onto this site.

Anyway, the world need more peacemakers than firestarters, so hat’s off to you for doing your part!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers undefeated season is fool’s gold right now.

They dont have the dominance that the Pats did, in their undefeated season.

They are definitely going to lose one of their remaining games. They’re just not that great, especially on offense.

I thoroughly expect them to beat the WTFs mind you, because the WTF’s are not a good team.
I would count “not being blown out” as a step in the right direction, personally.

I dont think the Steelers will outcoach the WTF either.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All great coaches ( and players) are never satisfied. It doesn't matter what people think of Tomlin, his body of work cannot be disputed. I'm pretty sure that his remarks though publicly stated, we're aimed directly at his team.

He wasn't happy with the performance against Baltimore and is probably whipping his guys into a thick lather heading into Monday's game. Can't really blame him either, his team is staring that rare undefeated season in the face and based on the last game, complacency appears to be creeping in.

For those hoping for the chance to win this game, it would have been better had they soundly beaten the Ravens. 19- 14 was a wake-up call and Tomlin is using every coaching method in the book to make sure his guys get it.
I'm certain the coaches speak was directly aimed at his own team but... he said what he said which was basically, we played WED of this week and I'm sure WASH loves that and his teams problems. Honestly, I'm sure RR and team could give 2 shits about Tomlins Steelers problems. What I"m hoping for Monday night (not necessarily the win) is for WASH to be as physical as they can possibly be. Don't get pushed around, run over and embarrassed. Play this game like grown men who are proud, playing for each other with every thought that they belong on the same field as this 11-0 team. Let me ask this, could you imagine "if" we defeated PITT Monday night by some chance? What would the spin be then? "We played like JV", or "The short work week was unfair", or "fill in the blanks". I'm sure he is thinking that if his team handles our D front, they win which is likely true.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers undefeated season is fool’s gold ri
Completely agree. And here’s why. They’d lose to the Chiefs in a minute. I’d wager Green Bay too.

Also, no team has played easier Defenses than the Steelers with DVOA this seas

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the fact that the Skins are #1 on the season in the NFL on red zone defense? Sure you might argue lousy opponents...I say we shall see...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their RB on the Covid list, no Bud, no the other dude who called the Steelers defense and worked with Dupree on the field...was the best duo in the NFL...huge loss for them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t think the offense will turn it over for easy points ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t think the offense will turn it over for easy points ?
Could happen. But I think our squad will be prepared and ball security will be high on the list for AS and the team

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna bet? :happy: same odds as with @Sportster 72
What’s the point in betting ? So I can go against my prospective team ?

If you don’t think the undefeated Steelers can blow us out the you are high as a GA pine .

That doesn’t mean I am not totally wrong on the score either . It could be very close or an upset by us .

But let’s not get carried away with 2 bitch ass wins vs the boys ,a win vs the bungles and beagles and think we have proven something .

The ravens kicked our ass , the cards kicked our ass , the fucking giants bitch slapped our ass twice the hapless lions dicked us . And yeah the browns beat us as well .

When was the last time we beat a winning team ? So yeah they could easily drop 42 on us

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you don’t think the undefeated Steelers can blow us out the you are high as a GA pine .

That doesn’t mean I am not totally wrong on the score either . It could be very close or an upset by us .

But let’s not get carried away with 2 bitch ass wins vs the boys ,a win vs the bungles and beagles and think we have proven something .

The ravens kicked our ass , the cards kicked our ass , the fucking giants bitch slapped our ass twice the hapless lions dicked us . And yeah the browns beat us as well .

When was the last time we beat a winning team ? So yeah they could easily drop 42 on us
Every week is a new opportunity dad. We shall see...

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: before I saw this post , I responded to the thread in which you and @Chill have an ongoing thing. Apologies for accusing you of not posting non-combative responses to this board. That in hindsight was a poor attempt to get you two to make peace.

No worries.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Testify, brother, testify! And say it again cuz I don't believe they heard ya in the back pews!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment that I read this, I was like that old Italian guy, pretending to be a native American in the "keep America beautiful" commercial with the one tear streaming down his cheek!

That guy wasn't a real Native American? Is anything real now?