• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to panic, BAMA FANS!!!

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Ok, I'm done. You guys just like to argue for no reason. Just bookmark this thread for the Florida game. When Florida eats away our secondary(And I doubt Florida will be any good either) because we don't cover their WRs...I want to hear the excuses.

Damn, you got it all right. :pound:

Florida, who has zero offense unlike WVU, is going to further expose your D and Saban?

IF Florida does roll into Tuscaloosa and win, it won't be due to Jeff Driskel and that awful offense, it will be due to their defense in a low scoring game.

Roll Tide

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but it's not like there are any play makers (at this point) outside of Collins in the secondary. Jackson isn't going to jump in there and make a bad secondary good. He's probably a better CB, but he isn't that good. Gigantic 3-4 sized LBs being isolated in space is more of a problem systematically against a decent spread offense than the secondary is though.

Bama will get better, but they need to get a lot better to be considered a top-5 team. I wouldn't get too high on Bama's offense from that performance and wouldn't get too low on their defense. The truth is that there are just a select few teams on Bama's schedule that can matchup against Bama's weaknesses that have the horses to exploit it.

It was a sloppy, rather boring called game but I'm happy to come out with a win with it being the first game of the season. It could've been better but it could've been way worse. Should be a good game to build on with the new guise.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have drank about 14 beers at this point though. :dance:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense gave up 1, YES 1 TD and 3 FGs. Only allowed 6 points in the 2nd half. Yes, we caught breaks. But who doesn't?

2 100yd rushers, Sims threw for 240+.

We have a lot to improve on, but so does every other team in America.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this its not time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Does Alabama have work to do? Sure, but are they capable of getting better at schemes and knowing assignments in situational play? Yes they are.

so while today was not pretty, its apparent to me its a win and even ugly wins are still wins. We left a few points on the field ourselves. Sylve was a big problem today, DePriest not being in the game was an issue. Lets watch it play out and not spell the end before it even starts good.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit! FSU is only up 7 at the half, which means it looks like they're screwed too.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have drank about 14 beers at this point though. :dance:

Ew...

Get some steel reserve or something, they taste like ass...but you only need a six pack.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this its not time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Does Alabama have work to do? Sure, but are they capable of getting better at schemes and knowing assignments in situational play? Yes they are.

so while today was not pretty, its apparent to me its a win and even ugly wins are still wins. We left a few points on the field ourselves. Sylve was a big problem today, DePriest not being in the game was an issue. Lets watch it play out and not spell the end before it even starts good.

Fo realz, the potential is all over the place. Lot of different things going on right now with this team and if everybody can get settled in it could be a pretty good season yet.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 of the 23 scored were on special teams, so the defense gave up 16 points. 1 TD and 3 FG's.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense gave up 1, YES 1 TD and 3 FGs. Only allowed 6 points in the 2nd half. Yes, we caught breaks. But who doesn't?

2 100yd rushers, Sims threw for 240+.

We have a lot to improve on, but so does every other team in America.

This! I think we're used to being so good,that we think a good game is bad. Even though we didn't get a blowout, we put up good numbers on offense, scored 33 points, and only gave up 23 points to a tough spread offense. Cooper got over 100 rec yards, career high in receptions, two backs over a hunnit. For all we know we just played a greatly improved WVU team.

We'll see what we're really about when the Florida game gets here. In the meantime, we got a couple easy ones to work out the kinks.

We're also gonna see what WVU is about when OU comes to town. If the sooners dominate them, then...:noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! I think we're used to being so good,that we think a good game is bad. Even though we didn't get a blowout, we put up good numbers on offense, scored 33 points, and only gave up 23 points to a tough spread offense. Cooper got over 100 rec yards, career high in receptions, two backs over a hunnit. For all we know we just played a greatly improved WVU team.

We'll see what we're really about when the Florida game gets here. In the meantime, we got a couple easy ones to work out the kinks.

We're also gonna see what WVU is about when OU comes to town. If the sooners dominate them, then...:noidea:

The more I consider what's good and bad about WVU most likely, I worry about the offense more so than the defense.

Likely just did pretty well against a good offense and not really that hot against a bad defense. Oklahoma game is good.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I consider what's good and bad about WVU most likely, I worry about the offense more so than the defense.

Likely just did pretty well against a good offense and not really that hot against a bad defense. Oklahoma game is good.

This. There were several issues on defense today, but I feel like that is a pretty improved WVU team that could put up a lot of points this season. However, their defense is not good. So the offense still has a lot to work on clearly. Yeldon and Henry did great. Offensive line wasn't as bad as I feared. QB is up and down. Couple of drops didn't help. Thought Kiffin called a pretty good game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. There were several issues on defense today, but I feel like that is a pretty improved WVU team that could put up a lot of points this season. However, their defense is not good. So the offense still has a lot to work on clearly. Yeldon and Henry did great. Offensive line wasn't as bad as I feared. QB is up and down. Couple of drops didn't help. Thought Kiffin called a pretty good game.

Yeah I didn't have too many problems with play calling. A few that weren't so hot, but not a pattern of it. 2 RB with over 100 yards rushing, can't complain.