• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to panic, BAMA FANS!!!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I didn't have too many problems with play calling. A few that weren't so hot, but not a pattern of it. 2 RB with over 100 yards rushing, can't complain.

Yup and I was proud of Sims for not falling into the "run first" attitude I was afraid he'd have. A little confidence and cohesion and things could come together for the better for him.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and I was proud of Sims for not falling into the "run first" attitude I was afraid he'd have. A little confidence and cohesion and things could come together for the better for him.

He passed much better than I thought he would. Some of them were pretty bad, but less than I expected based on his past performances.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He passed much better than I thought he would. Some of them were pretty bad, but less than I expected based on his past performances.

Agree. The pass that Jones dropped surprised me a bit because I didn't know Sims could throw it that far..lol.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! I think we're used to being so good,that we think a good game is bad. Even though we didn't get a blowout, we put up good numbers on offense, scored 33 points, and only gave up 23 points to a tough spread offense. Cooper got over 100 rec yards, career high in receptions, two backs over a hunnit. For all we know we just played a greatly improved WVU team.

We'll see what we're really about when the Florida game gets here. In the meantime, we got a couple easy ones to work out the kinks.

We're also gonna see what WVU is about when OU comes to town. If the sooners dominate them, then...:noidea:

WVU looked good today. I'm a little nervous about going into Morgantown. However, looks like we might have the power running game to keep their offense off the field.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it surprise anyone that Sims was actually BETTER in the pocket than he was on the run? He actually looks like a poised QB.

Greatest stat of the night: 0 sacks allowed by Alabama tonight.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it surprise anyone that Sims was actually BETTER in the pocket than he was on the run? He actually looks like a poised QB.

Greatest stat of the night: 0 sacks allowed by Alabama tonight.

WVU was 105th in the country last year in sacks.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU was 105th in the country last year in sacks.

That wasn't my point. There were many occasions where Sims showed great pocket presence and either got rid of the ball when he needed to, or took off running when nothing was there ONLY when he had to. He evaded a LOT of sacks tonight. Our pass protection has to improve at O-line. RBs blocked well. But Sims is due some credit for Alabama not giving up any sacks.

AJ probably got sacked 3 times tonight. That's my point. We can now move the chains if nothing is there with Sims. He actually passed BETTER from the pocket than on rollouts. He has earned his due credit as a pocket passer, and he honestly looked better than any other Alabama QB in their first start that I've seen in my lifetime.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected this thread to be started by anyone but a 'Bama fan, so thanks for that. College football is a cyclical business. Key word being "business."

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't my point. There were many occasions where Sims showed great pocket presence and either got rid of the ball when he needed to, or took off running when nothing was there ONLY when he had to. He evaded a LOT of sacks tonight. Our pass protection has to improve at O-line. RBs blocked well. But Sims is due some credit for Alabama not giving up any sacks.

AJ probably got sacked 3 times tonight. That's my point. We can now move the chains if nothing is there with Sims. He actually passed BETTER from the pocket than on rollouts. He has earned his due credit as a pocket passer, and he honestly looked better than any other Alabama QB in their first start that I've seen in my lifetime.

Sims set Alabama records tonight for most completions and attempts in a 1st start. His yardage total ranks 3rd all-time for a 1st time starter.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims set Alabama records tonight for most completions and attempts in a 1st start. His yardage total ranks 3rd all-time for a 1st time starter.

And Bama needed a bogus unsportsmanlike call to beat wvu by more than one score. It's good to be back on top

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found it interesting that after the game Saban said that Alabama did better when they went no-huddle. I hope he realizes that many of his fans believe that no-huddle is not good for football.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for Bama, they play in a conference that rarely challenges them. I think Bama's only lost like 5 or 6 conference games since 2008. They will probably lose to Aggy and AU this year, but other than those two teams, they'll cruise through their conference as usual. Hell, an average WVU beat themselves more than Bama beat them. This team isn't #2 in the nation, that's for sure.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And my point was that ANY team with a decent pass rush may have led you to a different train of thought on the Bama OL and Sims' ability to evade a pass rush.

Like I said before....DO NOT get too high on Bama's O and DO NOT get too low on their D. They faced a defense that was ranked in the lower 100s last year and an offense that ranked in the 60s on total O. Take WVU's bullshit with a grain of salt. Bama will play better defenses most of the year and only a handful of spread offenses.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for what it's worth.....Bama better get their shit together in the coming weeks. Because if they played A&M like they did WVU they will get run out of the fucking stadium and it will not even be close.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama guy runs over an opposing team member on the sideline and gets 15 extra yards? Lol

It was a terrible call, but not like it's the reason Alabama won.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky for Bama, they play in a conference that rarely challenges them. I think Bama's only lost like 5 or 6 conference games since 2008. They will probably lose to Aggy and AU this year, but other than those two teams, they'll cruise through their conference as usual. Hell, an average WVU beat themselves more than Bama beat them. This team isn't #2 in the nation, that's for sure.

Alabama has only lost 7 games total since 2008, 9 if you count 2008.

7 of the 9 were conference games, the other 2 were Utah and Oklahoma. Or, 6 of the 7 were conference games and the other is Oklahoma depending if you don't count 2008.

The easiest games were in the national championships against the best teams the rest of you bums could muster up.

Last edited by a moderator: