• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to panic, BAMA FANS!!!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I recall this thread from last season.

Nah that was the guy that guaranteed Alabama would lose the first two games. Last year y'all were still holding the rope.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I saw more problems on defense than just him. Quite a few mis-tackles had nothing to do with him, and we still see no real pass-rush threat, leaving opposing QBs time to write a novel in the pocket.

We got a few sacks, some of them big time plays. Mistackles happened, but that will likely get better and it was that 1 play that was :L. QB's are going to get time every now and then, just the way it is.

But I mention slyve because it was a constant thing.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you claim me. I'm just pointing out what the problem is and why I'm sitting around a bunch of bama fans going wtf is wrong with our defense?

The biggest problem with your defense is that you don't have the fronts that are as good as year's past.

You also don't have Dre Kirkpatrick or Ha Ha Clinton Dix, or Vinnie Sunseri, or Dequan Menzie, or Mark Barron in your secondary, or a number of LBs from day's of lore.

You have lost 37 guys to the NFL draft the past 4 years. Including 16 guys taken in the 1st round.

Replenishing those guys isn't as easy as you seem to believe.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4thand20 Says I don't know what I'm talking about but yet another BAMA fan sees what I see. Not worded the same way but it's what I'm saying. We have to get the sack or the other team will get that completion to the slot every time. There's no real coverage in that area. :sighs: Don't worry, I don't know what I'm talking about.

You don't know what you are talking about because you are bitching about formations and adjustments without even having the ability to identify if such happened or not. Hell I'm not even close to being someone who is an X's and O's person and I know better.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My standards are reasonable: a national championship every year.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with your defense is that you don't have the fronts that are as good as year's past.

You also don't have Dre Kirkpatrick or Ha Ha Clinton Dix, or Vinnie Sunseri, or Dequan Menzie, or Mark Barron in your secondary, or a number of LBs from day's of lore.

You have lost 37 guys to the NFL draft the past 4 years. Including 16 guys taken in the 1st round.

Agreed.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what you are talking about because you are bitching about formations and adjustments without even having the ability to identify if such happened or not. Hell I'm not even close to being someone who is an X's and O's person and I know better.

I'm not blind. But if there are 4 linemen and 3 linebackers on my TV...then that's a 4-3. Ok? That's not a 3-4.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not blind. But if there are 4 linemen and 3 linebackers on my TV...then that's a 4-3. Ok? That's not a 3-4.

And that you don't recognize that we run a base 3-4 and that you were looking at an adjustment is exactly what I'm talking about.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say anything about personnel.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20 - Bama doesn't struggle against the spread. They have no weaknesses schematically.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CamFantasy could break it down for you, but he's a meany....

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that you don't recognize that we run a base 3-4 and that you were looking at an adjustment is exactly what I'm talking about.

What is your argument exactly? *Derp you know nothing because we run a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 and that was just an adjustment* Well notice that our adjustment didn't work and we'll be running this "adjustment" in other big games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Collins is good back at safety, another 1st rounder probably.

Cyrus Jones looked better in coverage today at CB than he did last year I thought. Slyve was however getting abused badly and probably allowed the majority of the passing yards. Luckily, we have Eddie Jackson who should be back soon to fix that.

If we can shut those passes slyve gave up down, I think the score would have been much different.

And really, while it appears our offense did better, that really depends on how good WVU is. They had a dumpster fire defense last year, so that could actually spell bad things. Their O is much better than their D, and we held their O to 23, so I'm guessing looking back now we did better defensively than it seemed.

But if we can't fix what got exposed, we will be in trouble in other games.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say anything about personnel.

Oh for Fucks sake.

Your personnel controls what you can do.

Keep doing the same thing with less talented players, and it will break down. Ever seen a great DC or OC move on to another team and his 'scheme' fails miserably?

That is the players that don't fit his scheme or are far less talented.

Bama simply doesn't have as much talent on defense as in year's past. Period. That doesn't mean Bama won't have a great defense, but that it will have to be a great defense due to more coaching and scheming.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CamFantasy could break it down for you, but he's a meany....

I've been breaking it down for him since he got here but he's too stubborn to listen although every year he is proven wrong. :dance:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your argument exactly? *Derp you know nothing because we run a 3-4 instead of a 4-3 and that was just an adjustment* Well notice that our adjustment didn't work and we'll be running this "adjustment" in other big games.

You were talking about Smart wasn't adjusting and blah blah blah. And how if this is the defense we are going to run all year long we suck, blah blah blah. When the entire defense was an adjustment to start with, and it's not the defense we will run all year long.

We held them to 23 points. We had some areas get exposed, but it's not the end of the world. 1st game of the year.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20 - Bama doesn't struggle against the spread. They have no weaknesses schematically.

Kept them under 400 yards and under 30 points.

If it had been A&M, we'd have been killed though.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were talking about Smart wasn't adjusting and blah blah blah. And how if this is the defense we are going to run all year long we suck, blah blah blah. When the entire defense was an adjustment to start with, and it's not the defense we will run all year long.
We held them to 23 points. We had some areas get exposed, but it's not the end of the world. 1st game of the year.

Um, this is the same defense from 2013. LMFAO!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd panic.....

if I's a retard. :noidea: