• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to get a goalie??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the flyers are definitely going to move for a goalie this off-season.. and i dont see any point in going after schnieder or bernier or someone similar.. they need a veteran guy that can hold the fort until bob/ericsson are ready.. it couldn't be set up any better for the flyers with bryz and vokoun hitting the FA market

make some moves to clear some space and hopefully get some picks/prospects because we need them

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not want to trade for a goalie unless Carter or Hartnell are involved. All of our other pieces are too valuable. Cannot trade Giroux, JvR, Briere, Richards. Our defense corps was pretty damn good. I do not want to see any of those pieces go either.

Overpaying for a goalie now will cripple us. We have two good young goalie in the works. Bob can play now. Eriksson is almost ready. We have waited too long to develop a goalie to waste our opportunity now. We need to find a cheap option for another year and hope bob is ready to be a stud. Our team is built to win now (minus a goalie). It sucks but we have to wait or hope to get lucky with a cheaper option.

Carter is the only logical player to dump. Get his salary off the books. Trade our only tradable player with value. Unfortunately, I don't see us doing it because Homer seems to have a man crush on him.

the flyers have basically next year to make a run at the cup.. i already think pronger is washed up and has very little left.. and timo looked absolutely gassed in the playoffs this year.. they are supposed to be the anchors of our defense, and i dont think they'll be able to do it any further than next year.. you have to get a goalie now IMO

and believe me, i've been all over the cheap options, you dont need a good goalie to win it all, just an adequate one.. but enough is enough.. the goaltending in the playoffs this year was absolutely horrific

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
5693600408_312f2dd673_b.jpg

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they don't need a 6 mil/year goalie but they need someone who gives the team confidence. Look at what old man Rolly did for the bolts he made a shaky D play pretty decent.

Bouch wasn't bad but he's up and down at the wrong times. Who knows Bob may up his game a few levels after this years experience it wouldn't shock me. But to be safe I'd like to see a vet in there who could be the starter...a true starter.