• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to get a goalie??

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Flyers will not trade Carter. No one wants Hartnells contract. Homer has put this team in a really bad position. I think bringing Razor back is one of the few upgrades the Flyers have without making a major move. He looked good in the playoffs for Anaheim and was great here before his hip injury.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards gives up the C to pronger...his play down the stretch and in the playoffs was poor...but im sure thats already another thread...lol

Richards or Pronger?

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Flyers will not trade Carter. No one wants Hartnells contract. Homer has put this team in a really bad position. I think bringing Razor back is one of the few upgrades the Flyers have without making a major move. He looked good in the playoffs for Anaheim and was great here before his hip injury.

That's just a temporary band-aid move, not a permanent solution. I don't really think Emery is an upgrade.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scott Gomez and his contract was traded. Anything can be moved. Hartnell has 2 yrs left, which isn't horrible, and is a pretty consistend 25 goal pest under 30 years old. He is overpriced, but anything is possible.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of guys that could be moved to create cap room Versteeg, Carle, Hartnell, Carter it just depends if they want to make a big move or small one. I think everyone wants to see a big move in goal so that about answers the question Carts could be packing but will they pull the trigger???

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ultimately, i think if you are gonna trade someone big, it HAS to be carter or richards. this has nothing to do with either of them, but from 2007-now its been the richards/carter era in philly. obviously something about them being the face of the franchise has raised question marks. i think its time for one or both of them to go. i think richie still has a lot of potential as he has shown in past seasons and has shown that he can be a big time performer. everyone has a bad season here and now, so i'll let this one be his. he kills penalties, plays the PP, does the little things, and can still chip in 20 goals, 60 points. i think hes more versatile than carter, who, aside from faceoffs and shooting the puck and getting goals, cant really bring much to the table.

plus, if you trade carter you have instantly freed up 5+ mil that will be necessary to sign a goalie. it would essentially be a lateral move. if you trade carter perhaps with someone else for a goalie, so be it, but if you can trade carter to a team with lots of cap room (florida for instance) you can get picks/prospects in return, freeing up as much space as possible.

i dont care what they do..GOALIE HAS TO BE THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY..and i really think if they are gonna go balls to the wall for a goalie, its time to break up the richards/carter party brigade. this team has been absolutely FINE without carter the past 2 seasons, and with JVR's continued development as well as giroux's continued maturation, the goal scoring drop wont be as significant. plus, this team was 3rd in the nhl in goals scored. if you lose carters 30, and maybe gain 20 more from JVR and giroux combined, hey its not a bad thing.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just totally rebuild the team. Scrap it up. :)

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do the flyers do with Leighton? Apparently his back was hurting again, bury him in the minors, keep him and go with Bob to. Trade for Volkoun at the trade deadline next year, sign Bryzgalov, bring back Emery? Who the fuck knows? This is gonna be interesting.

I'd rather have Leino than Vertseeg, but as usual the Flyers are fucked. Just like when Knuble was kept over Umberger because he was under contract. Resign Leino and get rid of someone else.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I honestly do not want to trade for a goalie unless Carter or Hartnell are involved. All of our other pieces are too valuable. Cannot trade Giroux, JvR, Briere, Richards. Our defense corps was pretty damn good. I do not want to see any of those pieces go either.

Overpaying for a goalie now will cripple us. We have two good young goalie in the works. Bob can play now. Eriksson is almost ready. We have waited too long to develop a goalie to waste our opportunity now. We need to find a cheap option for another year and hope bob is ready to be a stud. Our team is built to win now (minus a goalie). It sucks but we have to wait or hope to get lucky with a cheaper option.

Carter is the only logical player to dump. Get his salary off the books. Trade our only tradable player with value. Unfortunately, I don't see us doing it because Homer seems to have a man crush on him.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know a whole lot about Eriksson(Actaully, I dont know anything), but is he supposed to be a decent starter or is he just a young goalie we have?

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that this is going to happen - and frankly I don't even know if these moves are possible because of the cap situation and rules - but here is what I would like to see...

• Trade Carter = -$5.3M
  • Trade Hartnell = -4.2M
  • Trade/Buy-Out Kimmo = -6.3M [Maybe re-sign for $4M/Yr?]
  • Re-Sign Leino for $2.5M/Yr
  • Dump Shelley = -$1.1M
  • Re-Sign Zherdev for $2M/Yr
  • Dump O'Donnell = -$1.3M
  • Dump Leighton = -$1.55M
  • Dump Boucher = -$925K
  • Re-Sign Carcillo for $1M/Yr
  • Re-Sign Nodl for $1M/Yr
  • Re-Sign Powe for $750K/Yr

Then, we could...
  • Sign Bryzgalov for $4.5M/Yr
  • Sign James Wisniewski [or someone similar] for $3M/Yr
  • Sign Jussi Jokinen [or someone similar] for $2.5M/Yr
  • Sign Chris Higgins [or someone similar] for $2M/Yr
  • Sign a 4th Line F for $750K/Yr
  • Sign a 6th D for $1.5M/Yr

Forwards would be: Briere, Giroux, Van Riemsdyk, Richards, Versteeg, Zherdev, Leino, Jokinen*, Higgins*, Nodl, Carcillo, Powe, Betts

D would be: Pronger, Carle, Mez, Coburn, Wisniewski*, Bartulis, Someone else/Phantom?

Goalies would be: Bryzgalov, Bobrovsky [I've always wanted Russian twins... :)]

Shrug. Just some more ideas... And of course none of this takes into consideration what we could get in return for trading Carter, Hartnell, etc.

I like mentally masturbating.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont see why getting rid of Timmo helps us at all. He makes a lot but contributes too much for us to lose him. Getting rid of hartnell and carter would be a dream, but they may just be too difficult to move.

Shelley needs to go.
O'Donnel is a good option for his price.
I do agree Leino and Z need to be resigned. Doubt Z will get an offer though...

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont see why getting rid of Timmo helps us at all. He makes a lot but contributes too much for us to lose him.

Look, I love Kimmo and, as the post said, would like to keep him $for 3.5/4.0M, but - IMHO - his $6.3M salary prohibits us from going after a goalie, and frankly, there are probably better and younger d-men out there that we could get for a fraction of the price.

Not that I think we can deal him, and I am sure that if we out right cut him [which we wouldn't do] there are still cap implications, so we might very well be stuck. But I was dreaming... :)

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just saw this on HockeyBuzz.com:

On the Leafs and the Flyers....

I have heard they are extremely interested in Jeff Carter. I will be careful to add that I have not heard the Flyers have ANY interest in moving Jeff Carter, however there are people who are saying the Flyers are looking to clear space and make a run at Bryzgalov. It would take a player like Carter and perhaps Versteeg to be moved to sign Bryzgalov. I also know that JVR's rise has the Flyers with a glutton of talent up front. I do believe the Flyers are interested in getting Bryzgalov, but I have also heard Corey Schneider and even Kiprusoff's name mentioned.

Two things that will happen this summer...

The Flyers will get a proven starter...even if it means dealing a core forward...and the Leafs will do something VERY large. There is much I can't discuss yet, some players are still playing, and I have been told one other off the record until the Cup is lifted...but let me just say Brad Richards may be the "low end of the spectrum" of players the Leafs are looking into pursuing..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Versteeg for Our 1st and 3rd

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this on HockeyBuzz.com:

On the Leafs and the Flyers....

I have heard they are extremely interested in Jeff Carter. I will be careful to add that I have not heard the Flyers have ANY interest in moving Jeff Carter, however there are people who are saying the Flyers are looking to clear space and make a run at Bryzgalov. It would take a player like Carter and perhaps Versteeg to be moved to sign Bryzgalov. I also know that JVR's rise has the Flyers with a glutton of talent up front. I do believe the Flyers are interested in getting Bryzgalov, but I have also heard Corey Schneider and even Kiprusoff's name mentioned.

Two things that will happen this summer...

The Flyers will get a proven starter...even if it means dealing a core forward...and the Leafs will do something VERY large. There is much I can't discuss yet, some players are still playing, and I have been told one other off the record until the Cup is lifted...but let me just say Brad Richards may be the "low end of the spectrum" of players the Leafs are looking into pursuing..

Eklund's rumors are usually crap but that is interesting.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article on ProHockeyTalk -- Flyers executive Ed Snider on goalie search: ‘I want one too’ | ProHockeyTalk

I thought this quote from Snyder was pretty telling:

“So either one of the goalies we have has to step up in training camp, or we have to make improvements to make sure it happens. But we are NEVER going to go through the goalie issues we’ve gone through in the last couple of years again.”