• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Tebow Question

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quick question and opinion about this question only and not off topic with a KNBR Ray Ratto rant.

Why does Tim Tebow get so much credit for winning 2 national titles at Florida when Chris Link was the starter? Tebow played, but he wasnt a starter.
Why is that?

Clyde I know you probably have something negative to say about it
(Ray Ratto 2.0)

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quick question and opinion about this question only and not off topic with a KNBR Ray Ratto rant.

Why does Tim Tebow get so much credit for winning 2 national titles at Florida when Chris Link was the starter? Tebow played, but he wasnt a starter.
Why is that?

Clyde I know you probably have something negative to say about it
(Ray Ratto 2.0)

Everybody on that team with Leak was a National Champion. Tebow was on that team and played a little. He also won one as the starter. What's the problem?

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was an integral part of the 06 championship team. He was the best player on 3rd and short and 4th and short. No Tebow, no Championship.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You mean Leak who was the QB for most of the 2006 team's snaps but was not on the 2008 team?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everybody on that team with Leak was a National Champion. Tebow was on that team and played a little. He also won one as the starter. What's the problem?

I know he was a winner, but when people talk about Tebow they mention him winning two like he was the main guy under center. Steve Young never got his credit that was due until he was the actual qb and not on the bench behind Joe Montana.
Thats what I can compare it too. Steve got the "monkey off his back" when he won as the starter not as a backup.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You mean Leak who was the QB for most of the 2006 team's snaps but was not on the 2008 team?

Yes the starting QB. Last time I checked in "football" a QB gets credit for wins and losses. Tebow didnt win that one as the starter. We all know that.

Matt Flynn's name will never have "Super Bowl" winning QB behind it because he was Rodgers back up.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn's name will never have "Super Bowl" winning QB behind it because he was Rodgers back up.

Unless your Tim Tebow. Tebow is so good he gets credit for others work.:laugh:

It's always kinda bugged me as well that anytime they mention him it's always he won 2 national titles at Florida. Tim Tebow has 2 national titles at Florida, but Tim Tebow only won 1 national title at Florida. The media just likes to over hype and build the guy up for some reason.

You're right though we will never hear "Matt Flynn is such a huge free agency signing for "insert team." They will now have the Super Bowl winning Matt Flynn under center leading this team."

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It's always kinda bugged me as well that anytime they mention him it's always he won 2 national titles at Florida. Tim Tebow has 2 national titles at Florida, but Tim Tebow only won 1 national title at Florida. The media just likes to over hype and build the guy up for some reason.

You're right though we will never hear "Matt Flynn is such a huge free agency signing for "insert team." They will now have the Super Bowl winning Matt Flynn under center leading this team."

Agreed- For me this is just a debate but a logial one if you look at it. True football fans know what "Super Bowl" winning QB means.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's always kinda bugged me as well that anytime they mention him it's always he won 2 national titles at Florida. Tim Tebow has 2 national titles at Florida, but Tim Tebow only won 1 national title at Florida. The media just likes to over hype and build the guy up for some reason.You're right though we will never hear "Matt Flynn is such a huge free agency signing for "insert team." They will now have the Super Bowl winning Matt Flynn under center leading this team."

The same media that is always saying he isn't an NFL QB? Tebow scored 2 TD's in the 2006 NC game, so it's not like he didn't have anything to do with that win.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The same media that is always saying he isn't an NFL QB? Tebow scored 2 TD's in the 2006 NC game, so it's not like he didn't have anything to do with that win.

He may have had something to do with the game no doubt, but this post was referring to him getting credited to winning "two" titles as a starter. Lets get back on topic because thats what the post was open for.

Tebow was a contributor yes

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes the starting QB. Last time I checked in "football" a QB gets credit for wins and losses. Tebow didnt win that one as the starter. We all know that.

What about 2008?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tebow was the starting qb for 1 and the wildcat qb for 1

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have had something to do with the game no doubt, but this post was referring to him getting credited to winning "two" titles as a starter. Lets get back on topic because thats what the post was open for.

Tebow was a contributor yes

I've never heard anyone state that Tebow was a two time NC STARTING QB. I've heard people call him a two time National Champion...which is true. It would be the same if he were a RB.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Tim Tebow. He's hyped up because of what he did in college and his religious beliefs. He will never be an NFL QB. Every time he completes a pass or does anything good it is over hyped. We all know he can run the football. The key to kicking his ass is to blitz the shit out of him and force him to throw the ball quickly because he is the most inaccurate passer i have seen in a long time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fuck Tim Tebow. He's hyped up because of what he did in college and he religious beliefs.

Wrong. The media, for the most part, doesn't like people of Christian belief. If anything that's a ding against him.

Oh, and everyone says Tebow is "over hyped;" however I haven't heard more than one or two people on the radio or read on the internet (with a shred of credibility) who actually said he's any good. So media COVERAGE doens't = media hype.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since only QBs get credit for winning football games, I guess Jerry Rice never won a Super Bowl.

In the 06 season, though not a starter, Tebow accounted for 827 yards, 13 TDs and 122 touches. There were only 2 players on the team that more offensive touches (Leak and DeShawn Wynn); there were only 2 players on the team with more total yards from scrimmage (Dallas Baker and Chris Leak); and only 1 player on the team with more total TDs (Chris Leak).

Did Matt Flynn come close to that in GB last year? Flynn had 75 touches for 459 yards and 3 total TDs.

Flynn was 100% the backup QB in GB last year. Tebow played an important, and significant part in the Gator offense in 2006.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Tim Tebow. He's hyped up because of what he did in college and he religious beliefs.

Wrong. The media, for the most part, doesn't like people of Christian belief. If anything that's a ding against him.

Oh, and everyone says Tebow is "over hyped;" however I haven't heard more than one or two people on the radio or read on the internet (with a shred of credibility) who actually said he's any good. So media COVERAGE doens't = media hype.

I wasn't talking about the media. I'm talking about the fans. I guess i should have been more clear, but all the Tebow fans from either Denver, Florida, or wherever seem to have this notion that because he won football games in college he can win them in the NFL. We all know he can run the football, but his position is Quarterback.

I've heard that statement about his religious beliefs and personally i don't care. I just don't think that has anything to do with football and he shouldn't get any special attention for it. Plenty of guys in the NFL are "religious" but they don't get media coverage because of it.

Why is he starting when he was 3rd on the depth chart? Either the coach, the GM, or the owner pulled the plug and put him in because that's what the fans wanted. I'm excited to sit back and watch him fail. That may sound like a dick thing to say, but it's only because he's got more attention than he ever should have.