• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger back to Butch?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Harmon 'Upset' That Tiger Woods Finished Round at PGA Championship | Golf Channel

Pure speculation, but it was being talked about this morning too. Tiger has endorsed one of Butch's videos. Butch now speaking out on "what Tiger needs to do." Why would he be upset at Tiger? Why would he care?

Majors under Butch in 6 years - 8
Majors under hank in 8 years - 6
Majors under dipshit foley in 4 years - 0

I've been saying it for years now - it's his swing. If he goes back to Butch, watch out next year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off...it's not a bad idea...I think anyone following golf knows that the split had nothing to do with the golf swing...Tiger was ticked that other people were profiting from their relationship with him...same reason Fluff was let go.

It really depends on whether Tiger has any humility. The other part of this is Tiger had no business at the PGA physically or mentally...he wasn't ready to play...he should skip the RC imo...maybe Butch saw him doing more damage than good trying to play.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off...it's not a bad idea...I think anyone following golf knows that the split had nothing to do with the golf swing...Tiger was ticked that other people were profiting from their relationship with him...same reason Fluff was let go.

It really depends on whether Tiger has any humility. The other part of this is Tiger had no business at the PGA physically or mentally...he wasn't ready to play...he should skip the RC imo...maybe Butch saw him doing more damage than good trying to play.

I've got to think Butch would actually take him back if Tiger approached him the right way. If Tiger really wants to make one last run at Jack, Butch could be part of it.

Maybe Butch could teach him that a pivot and weight transfer is a good thing, and that, No, you are not supposed to swing a putter and a driver the same way.:lol:

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to think Butch would actually take him back if Tiger approached him the right way. If Tiger really wants to make one last run at Jack, Butch could be part of it.

Maybe Butch could teach him that a pivot and weight transfer is a good thing, and that, No, you are not supposed to swing a putter and a driver the same way.:lol:

Approach him right? More like beg, grovel, and pay double! He better hurry up; time is running out on Tiger! :pound: :lol: :clap: :rollseyes:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Approach him right? More like beg, grovel, and pay double! He better hurry up; time is running out on Tiger! :pound: :lol: :clap: :rollseyes:

Agreed. It will take a cower-down approach by Tiger. Tiger needs Butch more than the reverse. Now, there are a few other instructors out there whom he could go to. But Butch is proven. Butch is one of the few instructors I really respect.

Tiger needs to crawl to him, get on his knees, and ..... huh hum... do whatever necessary to get him back. That is, if he wants 5 more majors.:lol:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Tiger in any way shape or form going back to Butch. He would not do it strictly out of principle and the optics of it.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Tiger in any way shape or form going back to Butch. He would not do it strictly out of principle and the optics of it.

His principle, however, has gotten him:

0 majors in going on 5 years;
The world's worst golf coach, who still thinks a putter is swung like a 5-iron;
Injury after injury (that's what happens when the plane of your club fights with your body);
And a laughing stock of the golf world.

People will not laugh at him for going back to Butch. They are laughing at him now. Not saying it's fair. But it is what it is. foley is one of the biggest douchebags to ever grace the golf world.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His principle, however, has gotten him:

0 majors in going on 5 years;
The world's worst golf coach, who still thinks a putter is swung like a 5-iron;
Injury after injury (that's what happens when the plane of your club fights with your body);
And a laughing stock of the golf world.

People will not laugh at him for going back to Butch. They are laughing at him now. Not saying it's fair. But it is what it is. foley is one of the biggest douchebags to ever grace the golf world.

Make no mistake. I want his ego and pride to keep him from getting any better.

We just had one of the best Majors in 20 years and Tiger was nowhere to be seen. It was Christmas in August.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Harmon 'Upset' That Tiger Woods Finished Round at PGA Championship | Golf Channel

Pure speculation, but it was being talked about this morning too. Tiger has endorsed one of Butch's videos. Butch now speaking out on "what Tiger needs to do." Why would he be upset at Tiger? Why would he care?

Majors under Butch in 6 years - 8
Majors under hank in 8 years - 6
Majors under dipshit foley in 4 years - 0

I've been saying it for years now - it's his swing. If he goes back to Butch, watch out next year.
Tiger is toast. Time for him to retire.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake. I want his ego and pride to keep him from getting any better.

We just had one of the best Majors in 20 years and Tiger was nowhere to be seen. It was Christmas in August.

I agree and disagree.

Disagree: I think Tiger is good for golf. What he did was good for golf. Even if he wasn't a good person (btw, I played against him once) he brought golf into a new light. If he came back in old fashion (unlikely I agree, but possible) the golf world would go nuts. I love golf. If Tiger playing well is good for the game I love, then I'm all for it. Disclaimer: I do completely get why many don't like him though. I get it!

Agree: One of the best majors quite possibly ever. Ever! Tiger and DiMarco for the US Open is the only recent event that even comes close. With 9 holes to play - 10 people coulda won it! I also did love the non-tv-distraction of having to watch Tiger make par on 17 while 12 strokes back.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods ends partnership with coach Foley - ESPN

Well at least now it is a possibility since Tiger & Foley have parted ways. Sounds like it is somewhat unlikely. However - even if he doesn't hire Harmon perhaps he will employ someone who will serve him better than Foley.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger is toast. Time for him to retire.

He is far to self obsessed to retire gracefully. I predict that once he drops out of the top 50 (could take 6 years with golfs algebraic ranking system) he will use an injury as an excuse to stop. Long live Jacks record