• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thunder own all the 1st round picks

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should keep all the picks and just go with it for the next decade. They are a small market, so they cannot attract free agents, but with 3 first rounders in most of the coming years, they will be able to have a competitive team.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should keep all the picks and just go with it for the next decade. They are a small market, so they cannot attract free agents, but with 3 first rounders in most of the coming years, they will be able to have a competitive team.

Those LAL and HOU 1st rounders should be late ones.
Had they kept RW and PG, their own pick would have been mid/late.

As it stands now, they have their own pick which should be a lottery pick and two late firsts.
They'll have a few years to take some swings and hopefully they hit on a few.

But, if they don't get any lottery luck and miss on those late picks......

It's a different kind of process in that I don't believe they are actively tanking, but it might prove difficult to sign superstar FA in the future, which means they have to watch out for overpaying 'potential' stars.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is Harden and Russ have played together before, of course Harden had a lesser role on those OKC teams but I think they can make it work and Russ now has shooters all around him. This team is championship or bust though and I see quite a few duos that are better than this one, duos that just fit better. LBJ-AD, Kawhi-PG, Steph-Klay, KD-Kyrie...

They still have nice pieces around these two though and RW is an obvious upgrade even though Harden and RW both need the ball in their hands

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, unless they end up with multiple top 5 picks in one year. Then flip one of those picks into multiple future picks unless there are just two guys you absolutely love.

What we see now are a LOT of teams giving up 1st's way off in the future, and only a few teams gathering them all up. Teams like OKC are going to be the draft pick banks in the future. Teams that gave up 1sts 6 years from now for a 34 year old guy will need to get those back when he retires. Just hope they don't pull a boston and waste all of those future picks. Maybe draft both 1sts next year and if they hit use those 2024 and 2026 picks to buy your way into the top ten in 2021 and really build a solid young core quickly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got along just fine in Oklahoma.
When both were 2nd fiddle to Durant. Now both want to be the top dog, and RW really really cares about triple doubles.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on nothing but your butthurt wishes and dreams.

Based off the fact that he hit the rookie wall about halfway through the season when the league figured out that he is a mediocre shooter.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be all for not. They collected all these picks and will miss on every single one.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off the fact that he hit the rookie wall about halfway through the season when the league figured out that he is a mediocre shooter.

you mean when Dallas started to cut his minutes back because we didn't have a playoff spot?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Simmons are the right answer if we are taking age into consideration.

Tatum and Brown too.

Mitchell and Gobert

Fox and Bagley

Embiid is 25 and Simmons is about to be 23. Embiid could be the top big man in the league this year. Simmons has hit a wall, until he starts attempting outside shots he will never take that next step.

This is the year that Tatum and Brown need to take that next step but will Kemba stunt their growth like Kyrie did? We will see.

I love Fox and I think Bagley is going to be a solid big man for years to come.

I hope Garland and Sexton become the next Curry-Klay combo, not likely but if they both become elite shooters they could at least resemble a Lillard-Mccollum. I would take that all day...a long way to go though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic is going to be the biggest disappointment in basketball this year.

Huh? That literally makes no sense. He wasn't the most efficient but rookies are usually efficient other than big men.

I am pretty sure the Mavs are happy with their star rookie getting 21 8 and 6 hahaha and then adding a star bigman 23 who can shoot from the outside. If they can stay healthy that could be a deadly combo for years to come.

I would take that combo over Embiid and Simmons just on the fact Simmons has not expanded his game at all since he has been in the league.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? That literally makes no sense. He wasn't the most efficient but rookies are usually efficient other than big men.

I am pretty sure the Mavs are happy with their star rookie getting 21 8 and 6 hahaha and then adding a star bigman 23 who can shoot from the outside. If they can stay healthy that could be a deadly combo for years to come.

I would take that combo over Embiid and Simmons just on the fact Simmons has not expanded his game at all since he has been in the league.

Yeah, doncic stuffed the stat-sheet on an awful team where he didn't share the ball. Watching his game, he has a lot of room to grow, but he has a lot of growing to do. He wasn't nearly as good in his rookie year as guys like Mitchell and Tatum were the year before.

I don't hate Doncic at all, but a lot of the shine fell off his star after around game 50 last season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's my view. In 5 years they will be 25 and 28, just in their prime but both will have 5+ years of NBA experience.

Health, as always, is the greatest factor.