• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three ND Players On USA Today AA Team

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon Day and Jaylon Smith First Team

Will Fuller Second Team.

No Ronnie Stanley.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Fuller Second Team.

No Ronnie Stanley.
I don't get how Fuller isn't on the 1st team. Oh well. Stanley Im a little shocked but overall Stanley didn't play great. He has looked better towards the end of the year but overall I think he was good this year but not great.

Congrats to the 3.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Fuller Second Team.

No Ronnie Stanley.
Seems dead on to me. Stanley didn't have a great year, at least when you consider he was constantly talked about as a first round draft pick. The other three were special.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems dead on to me. Stanley didn't have a great year, at least when you consider he was constantly talked about as a first round draft pick. The other three were special.

I don't recall Stanley getting beat all the time my issue was the false starts and other penalties he had this year.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall Stanley getting beat all the time my issue was the false starts and other penalties he had this year.
it will be interesting to see where he lands in the draft. I wouldn't be terrible surprised to have three number ones and if Fuller would have came out I am just guessing he's a second or third rounder but that's merely a guess on my part, I'm just glad he's coming back. Either way we're losing three really good ball players. I would say that Jaylon Smith will go in the late upper half of the first round, I'm thinking 10-20 range.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Fuller Second Team.

No Ronnie Stanley.
Draft Predictions:
J. Smith: 1st rd between 7-15. I think he is going to blow people away at the combine. He might break some records at his position.
Stanley: 1st rd: between 5-15. he is still a Top 2 OT in college football and he is very athletic so I think he does well at the combine to secure top 2 spots at his position.
Day: 1st Rd: Between: 20-30. Late 1st rd pick. I thought Nix would do well in the NFL but he was a Bust. Day has a better work ethic so i expect him to be an ok NFL player.
Fuller: 2nd to early 3rd rd pick: I think he is better then this but his late drops might hurt him. 1 thing NFL loves is speed so it wouldn't shock me if he found himself in late 1st early 2nd rd pick if he declares. Smart move would to come back work on his hands and he has a great shot to be the best WR in the country next year.

Russell: If he declares 2nd to 3rd pick because of how athletic he is. He had some what of a down year but made a couple big plays late in games. I think he would do well at the combine.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Predictions:
J. Smith: 1st rd between 7-15. I think he is going to blow people away at the combine. He might break some records at his position.
Stanley: 1st rd: between 5-15. he is still a Top 2 OT in college football and he is very athletic so I think he does well at the combine to secure top 2 spots at his position.
Day: 1st Rd: Between: 20-30. Late 1st rd pick. I thought Nix would do well in the NFL but he was a Bust. Day has a better work ethic so i expect him to be an ok NFL player.
Fuller: 2nd to early 3rd rd pick: I think he is better then this but his late drops might hurt him. 1 thing NFL loves is speed so it wouldn't shock me if he found himself in late 1st early 2nd rd pick if he declares. Smart move would to come back work on his hands and he has a great shot to be the best WR in the country next year.

Russell: If he declares 2nd to 3rd pick because of how athletic he is. He had some what of a down year but made a couple big plays late in games. I think he would do well at the combine.

I think Smith will be wearing a gold helmet in the pro's too Purguy just my guess.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith will be wearing a gold helmet in the pro's too Purguy just my guess.
I would love to see the 49ers take him but I dont think they will take him. I think 49ers take Geoff who Im not excited about. I see Smith going to the Saints. They can really use a Defensive player like him. Tenn or Jax can use a player like Smith.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's the Packer's gold as in green and gold. They've needed help and speed at linebacker to compliment Clay Matthews for some time now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's the Packer's gold as in green and gold. They've needed help and speed at linebacker to compliment Clay Matthews for some time now.

Well unless Green Bay magically tanks I was thinking more actual gold not the yellow of the Green Bay helmet.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it looks yellow but they have always referred to it as the green and gold. Just like Notre Dame is blue and gold. I agree it does look like a yellow

green bay packers green and gold colors - Google Search

But my prediction was the 49ers drafting him as I think he'll be available in the first round when they are picking and they lost Willis and Borland to retirement last year which hasn't helped them.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my prediction was the 49ers drafting him as I think he'll be available in the first round when they are picking and they lost Willis and Borland to retirement last year which hasn't helped them.
You're probably right. Green Bay has failed find another linebacker to help out Clay Matthews for some time now. It was of my main frustrations with Ted Thompson, our Gm.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the 49ers take him but I dont think they will take him. I think 49ers take Geoff who Im not excited about. I see Smith going to the Saints. They can really use a Defensive player like him. Tenn or Jax can use a player like Smith.

I don't think they'll be picking high enough to get Goff.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 draft class has to be the worst quarterback class in years in my opinion. I think the 49ers would be foolish to draft Geoff but then again they should have drafted that other quarterback from Cal years back! Draft a guy that for sure will be a stud right away and I think the 49ers should draft Smith. He is the next Willis after all according to many scouts. They might be able to get a qb prospect like Connor Cook in the later rounds. I wouldn't use my 1st round pick on a quarterback in this draft class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll be picking high enough to get Goff.
As of now Geoff is suppose to go between 7-13th. I think we will be right around there. A win this week would suck. I don't see Cleveland beating us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 draft class has to be the worst quarterback class in years in my opinion. I think the 49ers would be foolish to draft Geoff but then again they should have drafted that other quarterback from Cal years back! Draft a guy that for sure will be a stud right away and I think the 49ers should draft Smith. He is the next Willis after all according to many scouts. They might be able to get a qb prospect like Connor Cook in the later rounds. I wouldn't use my 1st round pick on a quarterback in this draft class.
This is exactly why I think they don't pass on him. My negative thing about him is if he is throwing Ints in College I can imagine how many he will throw in the NFL. I agree overall with your statement.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now Geoff is suppose to go between 7-13th. I think we will be right around there. A win this week would suck. I don't see Cleveland beating us.

Maybe but I'm hoping they are smarter than that if they don't think he has that value taking a guy like Smith would be much better. Also I kind of like the kid from North Dakota State Wentz in the later rounds.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat shyt ain't gold ... it's cheese-whiz yeller. :D