• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on week 1 so far...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe Gruden been out of coaching 8 years already

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Revis Island at some point but now its clearly a vacation spot.

Jets are a classic team that needs to watch the age of its players. IIRC they are one of the oldest teams in the league and regression happens quickly sometimes.

That is funny....But I think it's more about the matchup than his over all play....AJ is just an awkward style for Revis, everyone has that guy....Remember Ken Norton vs Ali ?
I've seen our Jimmy Smith all but shut down AJ and Megatron, then turn around and get torched by a far less quality wr at times....
It's a knot in every player's rope, that's all....Revis is still one of the best in the biz IMO, and few wr's in the game can do what AJ did to him....

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- The Cardinals took N.E. too lightly in the first few drives on defense, and that cost them the game. Had they played like they were capable of before getting down 10-0 and looking clueless and sloppy (missed tackles, blown assignments everywhere) they would have won.

The flip side is that the Cards won the turnover battle 2-0, was given a short field twice scoring two TDs and still lost. So without this, it's a Pats win by a larger margin.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flip side is that the Cards won the turnover battle 2-0, was given a short field twice scoring two TDs and still lost. So without this, it's a Pats win by a larger margin.
True, but if we're being honest, I expected at least 1, if not 2 or more turnovers. 1st real start by JG, no Gronk, and that defense matches up well with the WR's. I think the defense just came in thinking it would be an easier game than it was, underestimated JG, and BB, and paid for it in the end.

Solid win for NE, no doubt. Just my thought that this was a game Arizona should have won, no doubt.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I had an evil grin when I realized Gaines was outperforming Sean Smith. Peters vs Allen was... less than sub-optimal.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think Belichick could coach anyone composition of team to a winning record. That guy loses pieces and keeps chugging along.
I don't like Bill but I cant ignore his coaching ability

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I had an evil grin when I realized Gaines was outperforming Sean Smith. Peters vs Allen was... less than sub-optimal.

When I heard he was benched all I could think about was our conversations this entire off season about whether he would fit in scheme wise with the Raiders. Well so far that is a big no. He just doesn't have the hip flip to play off-man and have them run at him and him be able to turn and run with the WR without slowing them down.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs O-line looks dramatically improved in pass protection. Alex still has his classic deer in headlight snaps if something goes wrong downfield, but when the OL plays as well it did in the 2nd half he can be an asset too.

in Run Defense they look worse than last year however... Granted Steelers OL had there way all night (with the exception of the first drive)

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer and Young are fucking turrble

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Bill but I cant ignore his coaching ability

He is a scoundrel , but a brilliant one...But I think that Josh McDaniels is as big a reason they keep winning as BB...
He won with Cassel, Tebow, now Garrapalo....Best OC in the league by a country mile IMO....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a scoundrel , but a brilliant one...But I think that Josh McDaniels is as big a reason they keep winning as BB...
He won with Cassel, Tebow, now Garrapalo....Best OC in the league by a country mile IMO....

He never won with Tebow. He was fired and Fox was the coach when Tebow had a winning record.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if we're being honest, I expected at least 1, if not 2 or more turnovers. 1st real start by JG, no Gronk, and that defense matches up well with the WR's. I think the defense just came in thinking it would be an easier game than it was, underestimated JG, and BB, and paid for it in the end.

Solid win for NE, no doubt. Just my thought that this was a game Arizona should have won, no doubt.

Those are good points, could also be said that at least one turnover was expected in favor of the Pats. In hindsight, "what if" analysis abounds ... no doubt the Pats prepared better for this game.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never won with Tebow. He was fired and Fox was the coach when Tebow had a winning record.

True.. That was a bad team talent wise. But Moreno looked solid. The only time Orton really looked like an NFL caliber QB, and Lloyd looked very good.

As an OC he's pretty good. Don't want him running a team... But same could be said for Wade Phillips on the other side of the ball lol (except Wade is great great great as a DC).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Rams suck. If only Fisher would get fired...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.. That was a bad team talent wise. But Moreno looked solid. The only time Orton really looked like an NFL caliber QB, and Lloyd looked very good.

As an OC he's pretty good. Don't want him running a team... But same could be said for Wade Phillips on the other side of the ball lol (except Wade is great great great as a DC).

Oh I agree. I wasn't meaning by my post that McDaniels is a bad OC. I actually agree that he is one of the best. Players talked about all the time when he was our HC that no team was more prepared and ran a more complicated and diverse system than the Broncos. His ability with the X's and O's was never the problem. It was his ability to relate to players and actually know the best way to push them towards greatness. All he did was push them completely away where they stopped listening to him. But yeah as an OC one of the best.

Some guys in this league that just seems to be the case. The sooner they can figure that out the better. Wade took a while to get that figured out as he wanted to win as a HC. McDaniels I'm sure at some point will become HC again and see how he does round 2. Most coaches today have that 1st one fail miserably. The best coaches in the league seem to be the ones that learn from that firing in what all they did wrong and grow as a coach. Saw it this past year with Kubiak in he did things that I never saw in him before. Heck week 1 starting out the game in 4-wide/shotgun to catch the Panthers off guard. He usually sticks with his scheme and expects to win with the run setting up the pass. It worked great until the RB fumbled.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard he was benched all I could think about was our conversations this entire off season about whether he would fit in scheme wise with the Raiders. Well so far that is a big no. He just doesn't have the hip flip to play off-man and have them run at him and him be able to turn and run with the WR without slowing them down.
It's a game of matchups cd.. Of course you want to put the smaller speed Cooks on the slower 6-3 Smith..
Then you have a HOF QB like Brees throwing the rock, $$$$ all day!! Don't ya worry about Smith cd, he will be alright.. How did you like the clutch Carr taking that victory from the Saints??