• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on week 1 so far...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just taking a break from watching all the games I missed right now and wow, what a week.

Last second field goals made or missed, 4th and goals from the 1 to win the game, 2pt conversions, Russell Wilson limping down the field for the win.

3 games I see were more than a 1 score difference.
Eagles/Browns only blowout so far. ( I use that term loosely, was 10-15 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, 22-10 before Philly running out the clock scored a TD)
Bears/Texans where the Texans had a 4th quarter comeback.
Titans/Vikings which Tennessee led most of the game and took a 4th quarter comeback

Remember last year early in the year how offensive line play was such a detriment? I think that looked a LOT better to start this season. Not sure if it's better coaching and adjusting to the limited contact in camps/pre-season, but didn't look nearly as bad as the start of last year.

2 games left. 28 teams have now played and the NFL has 1 running back with 100 yards rushing.

93.5 QB rating is the average QB rating right now. That's pretty insane. RGIII was the only one who really had a bad game. Trevor Simeian only QB with more than 1 pick in week 1 (10 in week 1 last year). RGIII only QB not to complete 54% of his passes in week 1 so far (last week had 4). QB interception rate is nearly half of where it was last year so far. 14 INT's this year with 2 games left. Last year week 1 had 31 INT's.

Might be the most exciting opening week I can remember.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs O-line looks dramatically improved in pass protection. Alex still has his classic deer in headlight snaps if something goes wrong downfield, but when the OL plays as well it did in the 2nd half he can be an asset too.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs O-line looks dramatically improved in pass protection. Alex still has his classic deer in headlight snaps if something goes wrong downfield, but when the OL plays as well it did in the 2nd half he can be an asset too.

Haven't gotten to the Chiefs game yet. Really curious to see how he threw on his comeback. I've always thought that was where his deficiencies really showed. Wanting to see if it was more great runs after the catch or he really was pushing the safeties back and throwing downfield.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't gotten to the Chiefs game yet. Really curious to see how he threw on his comeback. I've always thought that was where his deficiencies really showed. Wanting to see if it was more great runs after the catch or he really was pushing the safeties back and throwing downfield.
A mix of stuff going on.

That was a very un-Chiefs like game except they did lay an egg a couple of year ago in week 1 against the Titans. Alex Smith threw A LOT and usually thats a bad thing. Had a good back shoulder throw for a TD. Threw another backshould high for Kelce that was a good grab. Threw one across the middle where Maclin got drilled but held on. Lots of passes to Ware out of the backfield. Some fairly good stuff all in all.

My takeaway is that all of the teams are really close and only an injury or two away from a top 5 pick. New England seems to be the exception to the rule. Titans and Browns look like the 2 early awful teams.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers is still the best QB on the planet :suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's O-Line as expected is atrocious. Wilson already injured and throwing high passes. ZERO surprise here.

Patriots continue doing Patriot things... I swear if they find another Brady in Jimmy Gapapoarororllloo I'm going to be annoyed.

Eagles with a curious dominant win.... granted it IS the Browns. Will be interesting to see what they do next week.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts and Saints D's were depressing. If the Saints D would just play bad football (not horrendous) and Colts D would play mediocre those would be some good teams.

Watt looked rough... Had one on one a lot of the game. A lot of 3rd downs where he was out on 2nd down and rested and got 1 on 1 and didn't get any pressure. On the flip side, nice to see Clowney make some plays.

Dak looked good on the short stuff. Needs to be more accurate down the field. Elliott started off solid but that Giants line looks good (or the Cowboys has taken a big step back).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts and Saints D's were depressing. If the Saints D would just play bad football (not horrendous) and Colts D would play mediocre those would be some good teams.

Watt looked rough... Had one on one a lot of the game. A lot of 3rd downs where he was out on 2nd down and rested and got 1 on 1 and didn't get any pressure. On the flip side, nice to see Clowney make some plays.

Dak looked good on the short stuff. Needs to be more accurate down the field. Elliott started off solid but that Giants line looks good (or the Cowboys has taken a big step back).

Giants always seem to have a decent D-Line. It always seems they have a TON of depth there. If you somehow get past the line the secondary/linebacker crew is atrocious and give up a ton of plays. I think Dallas will rebound, especially in the ground game. It's tough for a rookie QB playing his first game against a division rival.

Colts and Saints' D... good lord. I just see neither doing anything this year. Great offenses, but they'll run into a brick wall come playoff time and someone will light them up while limiting their offense. It's the first game and always room for overreaction but I'm not sold on those rosters.

Watt needs to heal some. I had a funny feeling he would have a limited game given he's definitely not 100%. That's a HUGE blow to the defense... when the best defender (and arguably player) is out on your team, ouch.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, saints I think could be competitive with a really bad bottom 5 d. Just not like last year where the 2nd worst D was closer to being average than being the Saints D.

That Giants D line was blowing up on the run game too. Saw some posts on the Dallas board about Elliott dancing too much, looked more blocking to me.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots continue doing Patriot things... I swear if they find another Brady in Jimmy Gapapoarororllloo I'm going to be annoyed.

I am beginning to think Belichick could coach anyone composition of team to a winning record. That guy loses pieces and keeps chugging along.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are going to have the first overall pick, but it probably won't be the one they got in trade from Philly.

RGIII is not going to make it through the season, he is made of glass.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think Belichick could coach anyone composition of team to a winning record. That guy loses pieces and keeps chugging along.

Belichick could stop all crime. Imagine if you got pulled over and you just had this to look at....

Patriots_Deflated_Footballs_FOOTBALL1-620x456.jpg

You'd just instantly sink down in your seat and book yourself.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be nice if y'all could remove your lips from Bellichick's ass.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another observation: Do the Pats collect shifty white WRs? They are like the new Celtics in terms of finding and playing a high percentage of pretty good white guys.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 8-6 going into tonight and several of those were 1 point games....Not surprised NE won, surprised Zona was so inept....
Mike Wallace is paying dividends for my Ravens already with a 66 yrd TD and the D was lights out yesterday....
I was surprised by the outstanding 11 tackles and beast mode of cb S.Wright, Suggs brought the swagger back and Weddle and Webby closed the backend down all day....
That looked like Ravens D right there, hope they can continue to excel and the O gets a better rhythm, but not bad for Joe's first game after knee surgery and only 1 qtr pre season....Wallace, Perriman, Moore all speedsters, Pitta and Smitty back, solid run game.....etc etc.

Go Ravens !!!!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Pats, Hogan and Mitchell look like they are primed to deliver. Together with Edelman, Amendola, Gronk and Bennet, that is a pretty strong core of receivers. Very happy with Garappolo's performance, looked cool as a cucumber under constant pressure - a couple of good moves in and around the pocket that extended plays.

Overall, lot's a good games yesterday. Most were close and a couple flipped completely: Chiefs-Chargers and Vikings-Titans and Lions-Colts come to mind.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are now a real threat with a QB that has mobility and pushes the ball down filed. Peace.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches on D, O and ST do a pretty good job too. And players seem to give 100% every play. Seems he has a well-oiled machine in place.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big thing we never see as fans is work ethic and interviews and everything from the neck up. New England's offense is complex. When Josh McDaniels was in St Louis, watching the Rams try to run the same stuff led to very tragic results.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are terrible. Their best offense was throwing up a jump ball to Pryor and Coleman. Outside of that they couldn't do jack shit. Also was good to see RGIII still being the worthless POS that he is.