• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on MLB proposed changes to speed up play

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave the game alone. :2cents:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. these hitters and their routines between every pitch has me turning the channel when my team isn't involved. it is beyond frustrating to watch. the average ab for a kid on Vanderbilt was just under 5 minutes. it is getting more and more out of control.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of any of the time restraint rules. No need for clock watching.

Absolutely hate the no pitch intentional walk. We're not tallinbough Pony League here. Nobody is trying to squeeze in another half inning before daylight runs out.

Im cool with the one foot in the batters box rule. Had to play that way after a rule change. Never saw anyone called for leaving. Just reminded to get back in the box. Allowing guys to get quick pitched will take care of that real quick.

No objection to the cut back on conferences either. What the hell is there to talk about? Always has seemed like a NL thing to me. Bring it in guys...... E'rybody notice the 7,8 AND 9 hitters all stink? Okay, go gettem!

Replay takes too fucking long though.

jete02fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of any of the time restraint rules. No need for clock watching.

Absolutely hate the no pitch intentional walk. We're not tallinbough Pony League here. Nobody is trying to squeeze in another half inning before daylight runs out.

Im cool with the one foot in the batters box rule. Had to play that way after a rule change. Never saw anyone called for leaving. Just reminded to get back in the box. Allowing guys to get quick pitched will take care of that real quick.

No objection to the cut back on conferences either. What the hell is there to talk about? Always has seemed like a NL thing to me. Bring it in guys...... E'rybody notice the 7,8 AND 9 hitters all stink? Okay, go gettem!

Replay takes too fucking long though.
not to mention they still don't get it right..

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every sport seems very willing to evolve and be willing to change rules, for some reason baseball purists always drag their feet. Learn to swim or you will drown. I'm all for speeding up games. 2 1/2 hours is plenty of time. 3+ hour marathons don't work in this day and age.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just telling the batter to go to first on an intentional walk as opposed to throwing the four obligatory pitches outside of the strike zone.

I hate that fucking ritual

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a clock on Jake Peavy between pitches, anything over 10 seconds between his pitches and a loud horn blares over the PA system.

That should speed up the game a bit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just telling the batter to go to first on an intentional walk as opposed to throwing the four obligatory pitches outside of the strike zone.

I hate that fucking ritual

I agree with you but then again we have seen a couple of times where said pitcher tries to throw 4 out of the zone and throws it to the backstop and the runner from 3rd scores. I doubt that rule will ever be changed.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but then again we have seen a couple of times where said pitcher tries to throw 4 out of the zone and throws it to the backstop and the runner from 3rd scores. I doubt that rule will ever be changed.

Ok. Just hit him with the 1st pitch. It's a dead ball at that point. :think:

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make all Yankees/Red Sox games 7 innings only. That should limit them to about four hours.