• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rules changes for 2023 looming?

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for the pitch clock and making the batter stay in the box so he doesnt get to go thru his whole routine between every pitch.

But the biggest change i'd like to see is no more than 4 pitchers ( and that's being generous) per team in a 9 inning game. I check the box scores and see so many 5-3 score games that each side had 5 or sometimes 6 pitchers. What the hell? That's slowing up the game more than anything else. Anyway i know it won't happen, but that's my little rant for the day.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limiting the pick off attempts per plate appearance is dumb. Too much of an advantage for the runner IMO.

If they must do something there, I'd be more for not allowing more than 3 throws to 1st in a row. If you don't get a guy on the 2nd, you're probably not getting him the 3rd, so most likely coming home, but the option is still there so the runner can't just take off as soon as the pitcher comes set. As of now, a guy can get the world's biggest jump after 2 attempts in a long at bat, and that sounds like beer league softball bullshit.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limiting the pick off attempts per plate appearance is dumb. Too much of an advantage for the runner IMO.

If they must do something there, I'd be more for not allowing more than 3 throws to 1st in a row. If you don't get a guy on the 2nd, you're probably not getting him the 3rd, so most likely coming home, but the option is still there so the runner can't just take off as soon as the pitcher comes set. As of now, a guy can get the world's biggest jump after 2 attempts in a long at bat, and that sounds like beer league softball bullshit.
I said the same above but if it's 3 then the same thing happens, the runner leads off half way to 2nd after the 3rd one.

This is the only new rule change on that list I have a problem with.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same above but if it's 3 then the same thing happens, the runner leads off half way to 2nd after the 3rd one.

This is the only new rule change on that list I have a problem with.

Yes, but how many times does a pitcher throw over 3 times in a row as it is, and even more, how many times is that 3rd try successful? So, you get to try twice in a row without that significant shift in advantage since the 3rd attempt is still possible.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but how many times does a pitcher throw over 3 times in a row as it is, and even more, how many times is that 3rd try successful? So, you get to try twice in a row without that significant shift in advantage since the 3rd attempt is still possible.
Yes I guess in practice it might work that way. Adds some game theory.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitch clock is awesome

Not needed.

And I always find it funny when people say just hit it against the shift. Ok so just forget how youve hit for 20+ years of your life pre shift and start doing something totally different. All while going for..........singles.

If you spent twenty years as a batter and don't know how to adjust your bat swing to hit opposite field or drop a proper bunt, then you suck as a hitter or are just lazy. Singles aren't flashy, but they win ball games.

Standard infield set up makes it fair for every player.

This is bullshit and these men aren't playing t-ball. As a batter, if you only hit to one area, then you deserve to be out on an overshift.

It all boils down to a lack of fundamentals in MLB.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not needed.

If you spent twenty years as a batter and don't know how to adjust your bat swing to hit opposite field or drop a proper bunt, then you suck as a hitter or are just lazy. Singles aren't flashy, but they win ball games.

This is bullshit and these men aren't playing t-ball. As a batter, if you only hit to one area, then you deserve to be out on an overshift.

It all boils down to a lack of fundamentals in MLB.

Hahaha this is a good way to let people know that you dont know baseball.

You act like guys on a whim can just completely change how they hit 100 mph heat.

If every single player could spray the ball on comman we wouldnt marvel at hitters like Joe Mauer. If every single player could hit it all over the field with power, Mike Trout wouldnt be a legend.

Its a personal problem if you cant grasp that.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha this is a good way to let people know that you dont know baseball.

You act like guys on a whim can just completely change how they hit 100 mph heat.

Its a personal problem if you cant grasp that.

Said the bitch who thinks it's just too unfair for the players. Boo-fucking-hoo. These players aren't being payed to be liked. They are being paid to score runs to win games. If the only way a batter knows how to hit a ball is to swing for the fences, then they aren't much of a batter. If they can't drop a bunt or hit opposite field with one fielder between the bases, that's on the batter.

And yes, you can change how you hit heat. Choke up on the bat, get your hands out in front of the bat, etc. That's shit I learned in pop league in the early 80's. Ffs, you can even google those drills.

The problem isn't that I can't grasp whatever horseshit you're spewing, the problem is your stupidity about batting. Stick with hockey.