• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB 2023 Rule changes

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think these changes will put an emphasis on speed - plenty more stolen bases and BAs figure to go up. Some pitchers will thrive and some will fall apart. I do like the idea of faster games.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think these changes will put an emphasis on speed - plenty more stolen bases and BAs figure to go up. Some pitchers will thrive and some will fall apart. I do like the idea of faster games.

May as well start using batting Tees to reduce batters being hit by pitches.

These rule changes are ridiculous. I don't know how they expect there to be more stolen bases when one of the reasons for bigger bases (shorter base paths) is to reduce the speed of the runner to lessen player collisions.

I'll say it again, if you can't hit or bunt against a heavy overshift, you shouldn't be playing in the majors.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May as well start using batting Tees to reduce batters being hit by pitches.

These rule changes are ridiculous. I don't know how they expect there to be more stolen bases when one of the reasons for bigger bases (shorter base paths) is to reduce the speed of the runner to lessen player collisions.

I'll say it again, if you can't hit or bunt against a heavy overshift, you shouldn't be playing in the majors.
More stolen bases because the pitch timer limits how often the pitcher can throw to the occupied base to twice. Once the pitcher throws twice to the occupied base the runner does not have to worry about the pick off - also the larger base makes the distance between the bases marginally closer and harder to overrun.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stolen bases because the pitch timer limits how often the pitcher can throw to the occupied base to twice. Once the pitcher throws twice to the occupied base the runner does not have to worry about the pick off - also the larger base makes the distance between the bases marginally closer and harder to overrun.

So basically, the current heads of MLB are bastardizing the game and decreasing the skill needed to be in the Majors. We'll get the first single-season record of 200+ stolen bases, not because of exceptional athleticism, but because of an asinine rule so lenient that even I could steal a base standing up.

But hey, we're shaving off minutes of a Triple A baseball game, so it's going to work in the Majors...until you start seeing football type scores and the games go just as long, or longer, because of all the offense.

And screw those whiny ass bitches crying about the overshift.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your bolded statement is not entirely true as this is part of the rule:
  • If a third pickoff attempt is made, the runner automatically advances one base if the pickoff attempt is not successful.

There's still danger to the runner of getting picked off, the pitcher has to weigh the odds of giving up the base if unsuccessful. Might be a fun showdown after the first 2 attempts.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your bolded statement is not entirely true as this is part of the rule:
  • If a third pickoff attempt is made, the runner automatically advances one base if the pickoff attempt is not successful.

There's still danger to the runner of getting picked off, the pitcher has to weigh the odds of giving up the base if unsuccessful. Might be a fun showdown after the first 2 attempts.
Yeah - I just got too lazy to explain that. I expect very few third attempts considering the pickoff success rate. Mark Buehrle would have done especially well with these rules. Thanks for helping with the accuracy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, the current heads of MLB are bastardizing the game and decreasing the skill needed to be in the Majors. We'll get the first single-season record of 200+ stolen bases, not because of exceptional athleticism, but because of an asinine rule so lenient that even I could steal a base standing up.

But hey, we're shaving off minutes of a Triple A baseball game, so it's going to work in the Majors...until you start seeing football type scores and the games go just as long, or longer, because of all the offense.

And screw those whiny ass bitches crying about the overshift.
baseball has ALWAYS made these kinds of changes. seems you are the one whining.