• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on how your team did according to this writer

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually put Minn and NE 1 & 2.

Interested to see what Seahawk fans think?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is a topic fail without more info outside of a paywall.

Jags #1 makes sense because they were tanking last year and got the player they tanked for.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't argue where they placed the Bengals - that's probably about right. I do have issue with the tone that places too much emphasis on losing Green and Atkins - Green hasn't been producing in 3+ years now, and Atkins really struggled through injury last year, and at 33 is going to be looking on the backside of his career, though I do think he can still be servicable in the right scheme. Bernard is the only one of those 3 that really has produced in his role.

I also think they overvalue Jackson at CB, but that's just me using the eyeball test and not really anything analytical. I'm not sad the Bengals allowed him to leave and spent his money elsewhere.

The true key is going to be the rehab/return of Burrow and the Offensive line. The return of Pollack, the OL coach, so far has seem to earned rave reviews from many of the holdovers who are now talking about how little the previous OL coaches actually did compared to how Pollack is preparing them. They added to the OL - but I wish they still would have brought in at least 1 more veteran to battle it out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempted to give the OP a rainbow rating for posting a link to a paywall article without re-posting the article in full. (Should probably get a rainbow for being an ESPN Insider in the first place). Rant over. :wink:
If it helps you sleep go for it. I don't get offended that easily.

This was straight from the ESPN website. Not ESPN+ or anything else.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on Minny and NE. The Pats have to hope the QB they drafted is the real deal though. Fig Newton ain't taking them anywhere, lol.
As for Seattle, can't really say they are worse. Everett helps Wilson and the Oline play may be slightly better. The big thing defensively wasn't a move but just retaining Dunlap. His presence improved the defense a lot last season and having him really helps. On paper, these things are always hit and miss though. Let's see how things look after Thanksgiving when the heat is turned up and attrition sets in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with ESPN+ want to post the rankings for us?

@mrschaney will return the favor with a handy... She's surprisingly gentle with the rubber glove

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

therealsportsguru

owner of geatathebookie.com
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely agree with where Dallas is, however I think it should be a little lower in my opinion. I know its gonna be a long season.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh had an awful offseason.....but it isn't worse than New Orleans. They hands down take the bottom spot IMO and there really isnt a close 2nd.

Lost Brees. Huge hit even with the other QB's on their roster.

Then add in losing Hendrickson, Alexander, Anzalone, Brown and Rankins from their front 7. And then Jenkins in the secondary. Those 6 guys accounted for almost 3500 total snaps last season.

.....and they didnt do anything to replace those guys other than the draft. That is a lot of snaps to suck up between untested players.

Then add in the paperwork part of the offseason where they once again pushed money out of this year into next so that they are flush against the cap yet again next offseason.

They are the poster child for mismanaged cap right now in the NFL. It doesn't look quite the same as it used to (with a ton of players getting cut) but it still has some pretty big ramifications.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa brought everyone back so their rank is basically the 'average' expectation. Seeing them at 13 is interesting.

#32 offseason has to be the Texans. Even if they have Watson on their roster thats still a dumpster fire.

Rams down at #22 has to be the big shock. You would think Stafford would offset their losses. Certainly Vegas thinks so.

As far as the Chiefs are concerned, it seems like the idea is to try and be the #1 offense in the league and maybe the 15th-20th best defense in the league and hope that holds. Its hard to complain about two offseasons of focusing on oline, LB and RB but it means that the Chiefs will be leaning heavy on Kelce and Hill like always.

Last edited:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for a little hope for the Lions...It looks like it will be another long season in Detroit. I'll just take another sip of the Kool Aid, and hope for the best!

1628017909039.png

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#32 for the Steelers is a bit harsh but I get it.

Losing Dupree & Nelson was tough but they had the replacements already waiting so it was easier to stomach. And Nelson was good, not great. There's a reason he didn't get signed until last week. Hilton was sort of a gadget DB so we will have to wait & see if the schemes can produce another success there. Hilton was one of my favorites, but I have a feeling the Bengals may be disappointed with him.

The biggest issue I have with their offseason was they didn't commit to an offensive line rebuild, but instead instilled faith into their current crop of goons. Losing DeCastro made matters worse. Right now the only spot they can really feel confident about is at LG with Kevin Dotson, but even he has a very small sample size to go off of. They are hoping that Trai Turner can turn back the clock, and so far in camp the reports are decent (aside from not pulling well). They have an abundance of confidence in their OTs even though neither has proven much of anything. And the OL depth is a HUGE concern. The pieces they brought in have thus far looked like crap in camp. It may take just 1 injury to their OL to derail the offense. But I wouldn't put it past Colbert to pull off a preseason shuffle at OL. He's always keen to make moves during roster cuts, and I don't think he has any fear with making trades (at least not anymore). But at any rate, they at least got better on paper given how bad Pouncey, AVill & Feiler were last season. Replacing the offensive coordinator, OL coach & drafting Najee Harris should upgrade the run game.

I don't want to get into the Ben stuff because I've preached that enough this offseason. I'm not as concerned as the media wants you to believe. We will just have to wait & see.

Hiring a new OC was at the top of my offseason list so they checked that box early and made me happy. If his creative genius is as good as reports say it is, then he will find a way to string together an offense this year. He should have a decent amount of ammo to work with. And if the defense can remain a top 10 unit then this team should be in contention for their division this year. Scariest part is that the division looks a lot more contested this year, and the Steelers have the toughest SOS in the league. They won't win 12 games again this year, but they won't fall off the planet either.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me answer your question with a question.

What from last years team needed improving?

OL. We got Stone Forsythe and Gabe Jackson

CB. Yeah we lost 2 but we got some good potential guys. Remember that is our bread and butter

Edge. I think we are better off that postion than last year.

We quieted a dramatic situation , for now.

So we didn't need much to improve on.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, not too interested in a guy who thinks people need to pay to read his opinion