• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts going forward?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the broncos are sitting at 7-1 halfway through their season. Considering we have a bye week, I thought it would be good to jabber about how we see the rest of the season going. I think we know what the offense is capable of. If they played a perfect game they could realistically score 60 points easy. They have issues with turnovers and protection against better pass-rushers but I think they can still hang with the best of them. The defense is a bigger question mark. I would like to believe we can do what we did Sunday to the better offenses but I think they could still slip up a time or two making games more of a shootout. Special teams is good except for those first few moments of Holiday's return. I really wish the dude would get away from the ball on punts if he is not going to field them. Football's take weird bounces and there is nothing you can do standing there with 5 defenders next to the football. I want to look at the rest of the season given what we know about the team now.

@ San Diego
This is a tough game to predict. They are very up and down this year. Considering how well we have done and that we had a bye I think we get through this one without much to talk about. Probably a 40-22 game, broncos win.

Kansas City
I am looking forward to this game because I think the chiefs and their fans believe they are a better team than they really are. It will be fun to see the best offense and best defense go head to head. That said, I think the chiefs get their first loss at Mile High. Broncos 33-13

@ New England
This is a game that scares me a little. Despite not having much to work with Hoodie is making things work. Tom Brady has struggled this year but I can definitely see this game turn into more of a shootout as Gronk is back up to speed. Broncos 38-34.

@ Kansas City
This is a tough place to play, even when the chiefs are a doormat. I think the broncos are going to struggle after going on the road to NE and now to KC. The chiefs comeback to prove they can hang with us. Chiefs win 33-30

Tennessee
Unfortunately they come to Denver at the wrong time. The broncos are getting ready for a playoff run and want to make up for the loss to the chiefs. We take the titans to the woodshed. Broncos 45-10.

San Diego
They come to Denver looking for a playoff berth and fight like hell to get one. In the end, I think the offense explodes in the 4th quarter and pull out a closer win than the box score shows. 42-30

@ Houston
I don't think they ever get their QB situation figured out and the offense really suffers from it. The defense tries to keep it close but gives up in the second half. Broncos 35-13

@Oakland
I think we will still have need to play full bore at this point with the bengals, colts, and chiefs all nipping at our heels. The trip to the black hole is a struggle for the defense as they can never quite key in on Pryor. This game is too close for comfort but shows us that we need to take care of business in the playoffs and that means playing mistake free. Broncos 37-30.

I am pretty sure my bias swings some games (the NE one) but I would love to hear what everyone else thinks. Do we struggle through the second half or do we get things corrected? I would also like to hear what opposing team's fans think if they read this.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy your predictions have the Broncos giving up alot of points. Dont like to see that. The defense better be better then you are predicting or its trouble.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy your predictions have the Broncos giving up alot of points. Dont like to see that. The defense better be better then you are predicting or its trouble.

Thanks for the obligatory doom and gloom. You might as well start looking for who we draft with the #1 overall pick because we are never going to have a lights out defense.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the obligatory doom and gloom. You might as well start looking for who we draft with the #1 overall pick because we are never going to have a lights out defense.

:10::agree:

Jesus.....

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are the one posting those high totals the defense will give up I think it will be less. So how am i doom and gloom? You must not read many of my positive posts that I have. Unreal.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland 30 pts the Chiefs over 30 at K.C. Very interesting. Hell I dont even thiunk Denver's defense is that bad. Who is doom and gloom now?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one posting those high totals the defense will give up I think it will be less. So how am i doom and gloom? You must not read many of my positive posts that I have. Unreal.

If my arithmetic is correct, he's predicting that the defense will allow 185 points (or about 23 points per game) the rest of the way, which would be a decent improvement over the 218 we have given up so far (about 27 points per game). Of course, I'm not sure how reliable those predicted scores are and there are a lot of different possible ways to average 23 points per game. I think I favor the low variance approach to reaching that total. LOL

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted a 14-2 record and your response was:
"The defense better be better then you are predicting or its trouble."

How about you share your predictions? Takes 10 minutes.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted a 14-2 record and your response was:
"The defense better be better then you are predicting or its trouble."

How about you share your predictions? Takes 10 minutes.

I'm with ya as a long as you dont predict a 13-3 final record :hope:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the final record. I may add W-L of my own later but I'm pretty busy now. I see the Broncos finishing 7-1 in the second half for a final record of 14-2. But I see the point totals (particularly for opponents) being lower. I see our defense breaking out holding opponents under 20 PPG through the final 8 games. I also see the offense turning off the machine a lot more as games reach the 4th quarter in an effort to preserve players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I stated earlier last week that I thought if we could get to our Bye week we would finish off the season undefeated the rest of the way barring any serious injuries to key players. I stick by that prediction. Few reasons why...

The first being this defense finally with most of the key players back showed what they are capable of against even good offenses. There are two really big differences in my book compared to last year with this defense that I think they will even hold good offenses under control. The first being Trevathon is playing like one of the better coverage linebackers in the NFL and so I think even though TE's will still have some success on us this year he makes that spot a little bit better. Next I think the Broncos are a lot better at pressure up the middle this season. This past week was a great showing of what Von Miller does for this defense in giving Knighton (could end up being our best FA signing guy is playing at a pro bowl level) and Wolfe a lot more one on one opportunities. Both of these guys have been getting a ton of pressure since Von returned. Teams can no longer just double team these guys. I think the fact that quarterbacks will struggle to be able to step up into the pocket will just keep getting us more opportunities for turnovers and big plays on the defensive side of the ball. Throw in Champ is coming back soon as his injury was not as severe as first thought.

The second part of this is our OL as beat up as it has been should be getting some boosts here very soon with this bye week allowing guys like Franklin to heal up. On top of that though JD Walton has started practicing and he adds some nice depth to an OL that is lacking some major depth. This also gives Kuper some time to heal up as well. This OL healthy has shown to be pretty darn good at keeping Peyton upright even against good pass rushing teams. Then throw in I think our RB position is starting to get a little bit better. Ball looks like he is finally starting to get it a little more and is hitting the hole with authority. On top of that Dreessen is finally healthy for the TE position so that should mean better blocking and even more threats for Peyton to be throwing to on offense. I don't think I remember a more loaded offense than this one for the Broncos in NFL history.

Now as for the games I will only speak to 3 of them that I could see as potential road blocks. Two of them obviously being the Chiefs games. The home game I just have a hard time seeing them get much going. The Bronco offense if it can get anything going early and force the Chiefs out of the run game should be able to run away with it. I would also add in these two games that the Chiefs greatest strength on offense in Charles is the greatest strength of the Broncos especially now that Woodyard and Miller are back in I just don't see Charles doing a whole heck of a lot against us and the Chiefs OL in pass protection has just been pathetic so I see the Broncos getting after him quite a bit.

I will admit the Chiefs home game is the scariest game left on the schedule especially considering we will have played quite a few tough games right in a row at that point. Again though I just see too much fire power on the offensive side of the ball and struggle to see how the Chiefs can keep up on offense with this team. That crowd is the great equalizer but Peyton from what I understand has pretty much taught the whole offense sign language so they can communicate still in those kind of environments.

The New England game is the last one I will speak to. Any time a team has Tom Brady and BB it is going to be a tough match up. I will say though that defense of theirs is looking more and more vulnerable with every injury and an Offense they just lost the Right Tackle which is exactly where Von Miller is going to be coming for on Tom Brady. I just see Von Miller making life difficult for Tom Brady in that one.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit the Chiefs home game is the scariest game left on the schedule especially considering we will have played quite a few tough games right in a row at that point. Again though I just see too much fire power on the offensive side of the ball and struggle to see how the Chiefs can keep up on offense with this team. That crowd is the great equalizer but Peyton from what I understand has pretty much taught the whole offense sign language so they can communicate still in those kind of environments.

I think the chiefs defense has enough pass-rush and good enough secondary to make our offense struggle at times. They might be able to do what the colts did. I assume the broncos have a counter if they see that again but I think it could still give Manning fits. I also think the chiefs will be more fired up in front of a home crowd. One point to that game might be trying to score quickly and take the crowd out of it. I would love nothing more than to see the broncos force the chiefs into the backseat of the playoff race.

The New England game is the last one I will speak to. Any time a team has Tom Brady and BB it is going to be a tough match up. I will say though that defense of theirs is looking more and more vulnerable with every injury and an Offense they just lost the Right Tackle which is exactly where Von Miller is going to be coming for on Tom Brady. I just see Von Miller making life difficult for Tom Brady in that one.

I did not know about the RT injury. Still, the patriots have been the walking dead all year and have won more than I thought they would. If it were a neutral site or Mile High I would probably chalk that up to a victory too.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 and the defense wont give up 30 or more to the Chiefs and Raiders. Losses at N.E. and at K.C. I wont be losing sleep over it but if you dont like my predictions just learn to love it. Peace out. Go Broncos!!!