• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Cowboys game........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs definitely wanted one team to win and it wasn't Detroit.

Our play calling in the 2nd half was pathetic. They played not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Such a shame.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picked up flag did it for me......I knew the fix was in there.......Dallas can't win it, but they sure made Jerry Jones a lot of money tonite.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr Corruption Chris, probably closed down the bridge in Dallas so the real refs couldn't make it....

ShadowJ20

I'm Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just flat out deflated. I can't believe the refs picked up the flag.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really bums me out bad. I hope the Packers beat the fuck out of the stars or at least make them wish they hadn't beat the Lions

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think. Still in shock from flag being picked up.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive play calling was awful!

They never did try to throw intermediate routes on 1st down. And where were the blitzes in the second half, they had success rushing Romo they should not have gone away from some of those blitzes.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to think. Still in shock from flag being picked up.

I celebrated the flag. Watched them mark off the yardage. Then I explained to my wife why we got the ball all the way down field because it was PI. After all of that we learn that one mother fucker decided it should be a no call.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs definitely wanted one team to win and it wasn't Detroit.

Our play calling in the 2nd half was pathetic. They played not to lose, instead of playing to win.

Such a shame.

Absolutely about the play calling. The dump-offs, screens, and conservative runs didn't put any pressure on the Dallas defense. Horrible.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to add one thing:

Sam Martin is NOT the guy you want punting the ball when it is a pressure situation. In his short career, he has had a hand in two losses, because of shanked punts at the end of games (Cincy, I believe last year) and I didn't see it, as I was putting my son down, but I received multiple texts about a 10 yard punt that gave Dallas the field position they had.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bad taste from this game. Lions still had chances to make plays elsewhere and did not. Giving up that TD was huge before halftime. That was hard non-call to overcome on the flagged being picked up.

They stuffed Murray and did what was needed. Put the game in Romo's hands. He did deliver after some more questionable calls on that game winning drive.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just flat out deflated. I can't believe the refs picked up the flag.

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it. I've seen flags picked up, but no explanation ? What did they do huddle up and decide the PI wasn't that bad ? Absolutely ridiculous. We need OL help. Staff wasn't bad. I didn't really expect they'd win but to lose like that just sucks.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam Martin is NOT the guy you want punting the ball when it is a pressure situation. In his short career, he has had a hand in two losses, because of shanked punts at the end of games (Cincy, I believe last year) and I didn't see it, as I was putting my son down, but I received multiple texts about a 10 yard punt that gave Dallas the field position they had.

Bingo

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half seemed they had the foot on their throat and took it off the second half. Got conserative as JDWills says.

One thing is for sure. Nobody can say SOL after this game. That was not what I have seen in the past. Matty did not win it, but I sure as hell can not blame him for losing either. Thought he played a solid game mostly. Damn that hurts to say just a little. He made some strides in this game IMO.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I posted about that in the GD thread when he did it. I remember that one too. There may have been a 2nd one as well last year. Or that might have been an OB kickoff in a really tight game. He's done that a couple of times too.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut instead of bolded your point about Martin's un-clutchness, TrustMe.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a few days before I get the taste of being fucked over out of my mouth. I feel violated and disgusted.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts; great game. We played close and should have won a game that most people seemed to write us off in. Great season. We showed a huge amount of turnaround and improved at pretty much every area that was a weakness. Proved that losing Fairly isn't going to hurt us one bit either. Coaching staff looks good, Defense looks phenomenal. Austin won't be around long, but you have to think he'll be back for at least one more year since this was only his first year as a coordinator, and making the jump to HC is a big leap even for experienced guys. I expect him to probably take 8 a more assistant head coach role next year to help himself, and to help us keep him. I would also have at least one promising replacement working closely with him on defense, so we can transition easier.

I don't think anyone expected us to be in a position to be disappointed that we were "only" the 6th seed in the playoffs, or to be disappointed that we lost a close playoff game. So we can at least savor what we did have, and now look forward to the draft and free agency a week later than we're used to. We have that one big FA who is probably gone and Fairly too. Should save us enough money that we can sign an impact player or two, and possibly still get a high compensatory pick in return. Mathis is old, and we had a CB playing in replacement today named Seesay or SeeSaw or something. I follow the Lions pretty closely I think and I've never even heard of him. I still say a third good pass catcher will Mae a huge difference, and obviously our First round TE last year wasn't that. There's room for somebody to take Fuller and Ross's jobs though. Plus a couple D Tackles to play in the rotation. One of those elite RB's in the draft would be nice. But mostly this off season has to be about rebuilding this O-LINE. Oh, and edited to add we need to find a long term answer at kicker too. Because I don't think we have that now.

That's my season ending thoughts. Enjoy where we got for a few days in reflection now that it's done, and then move forward.

Last edited by a moderator: