• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Lions/Cowboys game........

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is garbage.

He is not garbage. He has flipped the field many times this seasona and is also part of the success this team had. He pinned teams deep. He is not the reason they lost off that one punt. It did not help them score 24 there.

Man if I am not allowed to hammer Staff for certain plays. Surely he gets a break on a shank in a pressure situation as Stafford does.:gaah:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not garbage. He has flipped the field many times this seasona and is also part of the success this team had. He pinned teams deep. He is not the reason they lost off that one punt. It did not help them score 24 there.

Agreed. Martin is an asset at times.

He is just not the guy I want punting the ball in a pressure situation. Can anyone tell me what happened on the 10 yard punt? I haven't even seen a replay or anything. Was it a bad snap or was someone about to block it? Or did he just flat out shank it, like the Cincy game?

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stafford played well today. Showed a lot of heart and broke more tackles than Reggie Bush all year. This was just one more case of guys like Tate being forgotten in the entire second half.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very bad taste from this game. Lions still had chances to make plays elsewhere and did not. Giving up that TD was huge before halftime. That was hard non-call to overcome on the flagged being picked up.

They stuffed Murray and did what was needed. Put the game in Romo's hands. He did deliver after some more questionable calls on that game winning drive.

:agree:

We had chances. When the team went up 14-0, the Lions needed to keep putting the pressure on. They did not keep the pressure on and allowed the score to be close enough were the Refs could be a factor.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Martin is an asset at times.

He is just not the guy I want punting the ball in a pressure situation. Can anyone tell me what happened on the 10 yard punt? I haven't even seen a replay or anything. Was it a bad snap or was someone about to block it? Or did he just flat out shank it, like the Cincy game?

Clean shank. No pressure from the Cowboys on the play.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man if I am not allowed to hammer Staff for certain plays. Surely he gets a break on a shank in a pressure situation as Stafford does.:gaah:

Come on now gandy. You can't compare a punter to a QB. All he has to do is catch and kick the damn ball....almost always with nobody harassing him. 10 yard punts and OB kickoffs in clutch situations is not acceptable. He has a big leg and I think we should keep him, but he's done this enough times that his ability to perform under pressure should be questioned.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really bums me out bad. I hope the Packers beat the fuck out of the stars or at least make them wish they hadn't beat the Lions

Sorry, I still can't root for the Packers under any circumstance

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC needs to be fired.

You go from a top 5 offense every season under Linehan to a team that hardly ever breaks 20 a game.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OC needs to be fired.

You go from a top 5 offense every season under Linehan to a team that hardly ever breaks 20 a game.

This offense should be better. That falls squarely on Lombardi. Buh-bye!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive game plan in the 2nd half cost us. I thought maybe it would be different this week especially the way we came out in the first half. I knew we were in trouble when the 2nd half began and one reporter said they spoke to Caldwell and he replied they needed to get back to running the ball in the second half.

ST still looks bad. It was getting worse every week the last quarter of the season. I think it is time to let Kwan go.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now gandy. You can't compare a punter to a QB. All he has to do is catch and kick the damn ball....almost always with nobody harassing him. 10 yard punts and OB kickoffs in clutch situations is not acceptable. He has a big leg and I think we should keep him, but he's done this enough times that his ability to perform under pressure should be questioned.

Waz I agree he sucked in that situation tonight. I just don't see him missing tackles and or dropping passes... he did not execute one of his plays. Just as other team mates do. I compare him to any other player. None get a pass because of position.

Notice I did not or will not hammer Stafford for his fumbles or INT. Those were breakdowns from the line. He still screwed up and should say he is garbage or give him a pass. I thought Stafford played a good game today. 3 big errors I am overlooking for him though.

You act as if two shank punts is a high avg. and the same can be said for KO's. How many chances did Dallas get to return KOs today?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST still looks bad. It was getting worse every week the last quarter of the season. I think it is time to let Kwan go.

Wasn't he our ST coach with Marinelli too? Or Schwartz? I remember the dude being dog shit. Wasn't he the dude when players from other teams were calling out that they will be getting TD's om kickoffs and then doing it?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense should be better. That falls squarely on Lombardi. Buh-bye!

Offensive game plan in the 2nd half cost us. I thought maybe it would be different this week especially the way we came out in the first half. I knew we were in trouble when the 2nd half began and one reporter said they spoke to Caldwell and he replied they needed to get back to running the ball in the second half.

I saw during last nights game that Kubiak's Ravens had a franchise record for scoring per game and for yardgae per game also... That is the scary part having Caldwell going forward slowing down this offense. Way too much fire power. Catch 22 for me. Yes they went 11-5. Need that same defense play next year for this style of offense.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too many missed tackles in the second half also... Shut them down and gave up too much weak shit in the second half. Seemed many took their foot off the throttle.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross should not extend the lease on his apartment.

Dumbass was useless all season!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate running the ball every first down. That is all.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford did not lose this game. Lombardi went conservative 2nd half, and it backfired. Jeremy Ross sucks, Martin with an untimely shank. Cowboys got a lot of lucky bounces. We tip a pass, catches it for a first, they tip a pass, intercepted. Was it 2 or 3 fumbles they jumped back on? Help from refs. All adds up.

The better team doesn't always win. This was one of those games.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford did not lose this game. Lombardi went conservative 2nd half, and it backfired. Jeremy Ross sucks, Martin with an untimely shank. Cowboys got a lot of lucky bounces. We tip a pass, catches it for a first, they tip a pass, intercepted. Was it 2 or 3 fumbles they jumped back on? Help from refs. All adds up.

Well put 22. I really hoped that someone on here would say that this was not on Stafford. He has been criticized plenty and deserved it at times but he played well today.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only Stafford mistake that mattered was the 4th down fumble and still would have been change of posession anyway. Defense and Bailey picked him up after the INT. Reynolds caused a fumble after the other and the Lions did not make it count.

He was solid with his decisions all day. The OL played the best maybe all year. They may want to really bolster the OL with road graders if they are persistant on being a running team.

Ross lived this year off of the Philly game last year and did not deliver.

Few Dallas fans I work with text me the same sentiment twentytwo. They had no reason winning, but as fans will take it.