• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This years Madden victim

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no fan vote this year. That's okay. Perfect choice. A better guy couldn't have been chosen for the Madden Curse.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACL or MCL? Can we get odds on the SportsHoopla bookie @HammerDown?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACL or MCL? Can we get odds on the SportsHoopla bookie @HammerDown?

If Brady hangs him out for the DB all season like he always does, probably devastating concussions.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no fan vote this year. That's okay. Perfect choice. A better guy couldn't have been chosen for the Madden Curse.

Gronk is the most potent offensive weapon in the history of the game.

Gawd damn shame he's being squandered on Brady.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every player has gotten injured but a lot of these guys did have very down years compared to what they did to get the cover. Now given they obviously did some amazing things to get on the cover so it makes sense they would go down some but we are talking some decently big drop offs.

AP--Went from 2097 yards averaging 6.0 yards per carry to that of 1,266 yards and only 4.5 yards per carry. He also missed 2 games that year.

Brees--Threw 22 interceptions his year. He also had his lowest QB rating of the last 8 years. Statistically speaking this was one of the worst years of his career beyond the first 3 years where he stunk it up with the Chargers.

Hillis--Huge drop off. Missed 6 games, only had 587 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns. His yards per carry dropped off almost an entire yard. He ended up being let go after this season by the Browns of all teams.

Polomalu--Only played in a career-low 5 games when he was one the cover.

So not all of the guys you listed actually went on to even do average work at their position. Not saying it is the perfect curse that every player has done down right terrible but for many of these guys they did see a pretty darn big drop off when they were on the cover.

Brees got hurt week 3 and was playing with a torn ACL all season. And who in their right mind would have given Hillis a Madden cover? This guy had one fluke year right after a year where Jerome Harrison on the same team was going off toward the end. That should have been a clue Hillis was a fluke.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is the most potent offensive weapon in the history of the game.

Gawd damn shame he's being squandered on Brady.

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that he's one of the biggest douches in the NFL.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The curse isn't what it once was. Gronk getting hurt on an extra point a few years ago won't be topped by any silly curse.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees got hurt week 3 and was playing with a torn ACL all season. And who in their right mind would have given Hillis a Madden cover? This guy had one fluke year right after a year where Jerome Harrison on the same team was going off toward the end. That should have been a clue Hillis was a fluke.

Brees is an overrated little shrimp. He's a gunslinging system QB who leads the universe in INTs because all he cares about is numbers. Oh, and constantly reminding us what a devout Christian he is. :rolleyes:

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First Brady is resuspended for four games, now this.

I would have thought, considering the efficacy of The,Curse, they would pick retired players, by now?

Put Brett Favre on that thing riding his tractor on the farm.

When Philip Rivers retires, show him changing diapers or pushing seven kids on swings...get the idea?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curse no stop Gronk. Gronk crush curse.

Only injury can stop Gronk right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay how the hell did Johnny Manziel not land the Madden cover this year?:noidea: I call shenanigans!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little shocked that this is what they picked. I don't mind it as it does seem the Madden Curse for the most part has shown up almost every single season.

Not sure about the curse... Didn't the Legion of Boom make it to the SB and have the best pass D?? And Calvin I think set the all time receiving record on Madden... Beckham jr had a monster season last year.

It's a regression to mean. Look at the NFL MVP's or the 2000 yard rushers and their next years. It's few an far between that anyone maintains anything close to that level of play.