• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This whole year

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a giant pile of shit. Good thing it's getting blown to bits and they're going to start over with the ashes...

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. First time since 2005 really that I've been glad a season is just over.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully getting embarrassed at home will end any consideration for Philbin as HC. Didn’t help that the entire organization mailed it in but players were dropping like flies just to get the hell out of there.

I know it won’t happen but a lot of players and coaches need to be let go for any significant change. Not sure if we see a whole lot of improvement next year.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully getting embarrassed at home will end any consideration for Philbin as HC. Didn’t help that the entire organization mailed it in but players were dropping like flies just to get the hell out of there.

I know it won’t happen but a lot of players and coaches need to be let go for any significant change. Not sure if we see a whole lot of improvement next year.
Philbin will probably get an interview out of respect but he won't and shouldn't be retained.

New coach will have complete autonomy when it comes to hiring his own staff.

This has been a terrible season but 2019 is a new one and we have an interesting off-season to look forward to IMO.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philbin will probably get an interview out of respect but he won't and shouldn't be retained.

New coach will have complete autonomy when it comes to hiring his own staff.

This has been a terrible season but 2019 is a new one and we have an interesting off-season to look forward to IMO.

You know the biggest change I would like to see next year is accountability. Maybe it’s just me and my old school mentality but for several years now I felt that no one was held accountable, especially on defense. No matter how many times they were burnt in coverage or out of place, they stayed in the game or were out there the next game. Other than money, give these guys an incentive to be out there representing the green and gold.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12th pick in the draft. I hope those 2 wins to Atlanta and the jets don’t bite em in the ass. Probably would be in the top ten if they would of lost those 2.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the biggest change I would like to see next year is accountability. Maybe it’s just me and my old school mentality but for several years now I felt that no one was held accountable, especially on defense. No matter how many times they were burnt in coverage or out of place, they stayed in the game or were out there the next game. Other than money, give these guys an incentive to be out there representing the green and gold.

I respect that, the idea of accountability, but how do you effectively hold players accountable in this era of the salary cap?

If you sit everyone who does something stupid you risk alienating the locker room. Sure you'll have young guys eager to play but when your QB is making 33 million there isn't much depth in the wings if you don't draft very very well almost every season.

It's tough right now in that way, IMO. That's part of the reason I liked MM. He was able to get the most out of a young roster most years without ever calling out guys publically or benching them just for the sake of doing something.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12th pick in the draft. I hope those 2 wins to Atlanta and the jets don’t bite em in the ass. Probably would be in the top ten if they would of lost those 2.

Number 12 and whatever the Saints' pick ends up being (28-32).

Please please please Gutekunst...be aggressive and draft an actual impact player.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the one year we get the saint's first rd pick it's number 32 LOL...hahahah wow....

I know it is beating a dead horse but these last 8 years we've came close a lot of times to getting to the SB but bad plays in the end of games cost us. The injury roller coaster comes and goes... As a Packer born and raised in Wisco but living out of state all over the country past 20 years.... I hear a lot of talk about the Pack from other fan bases and this year by far other fan bases have caught up to the talk we Pack fans have been saying which is WTH is wrong with this front office down to the kicker coach and all stops between....

Is it the Danica Patrick curse...... it very well could be..... smh..

-DUB-

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is hindsight, but they should've blown this up after last year. That would include maybe hiring a GM outside the Thompson circle and getting rid of the entire coaching staff.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect that, the idea of accountability, but how do you effectively hold players accountable in this era of the salary cap?

If you sit everyone who does something stupid you risk alienating the locker room. Sure you'll have young guys eager to play but when your QB is making 33 million there isn't much depth in the wings if you don't draft very very well almost every season.

It's tough right now in that way, IMO. That's part of the reason I liked MM. He was able to get the most out of a young roster most years without ever calling out guys publically or benching them just for the sake of doing something.

They have to get the players attention somehow. I don’t think sitting someone who continues not to do their job would alienate the locker room. It would send a message letting players know that they are replaceable. You’re right, The cap does restrict what a coach can do though. The money they make should be motivation enough but most of them are young and need that dangling carrot.

I think MM lost the players respect this season.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I was on to something. It appears not only on the field was there no accountability but off the field as well according to Bakhtiari:

"The one thing that always rubbed me the wrong way, and I guess it can kind of parallel with complacency, is accountability," Bakhtiari said in the radio interview. "The one thing that would really grind my gears was guys being late for the plane [leaving for road games] and no one holding those guys accountable or even fining them for being late.

Convincing me more and more that the coaching change had to happen.