• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 DT signee Du'Vonta Lampkin won't enroll at Texas - Burnt Orange Nation

According to a Football Brainiac report, Lampkin didn't meet the foreign language requirement at Texas. His high school coach said that he was going to take a correspondence course in order to enroll. However, Lampkin changed his mind about taking that course:

"If I take that summer school class now for Spanish and it doesn't go well, then I end up in a junior college," he said. "That's not the route I really want to take."

What happens now? Lampkin may end up playing at a conference rival:

"If anything, I may land at Oklahoma," said Lampkin, who is hoping to know for sure within the next week. "I'm very comfortable with their coaching staff. So, as soon as everything dials down, I'm going to contact (Bob) Stoops and see if they have any scholarships available for me."

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more confused that he doesn't meet the requirement of having taken 2 years at the high school level. This was a requirement for me to graduate high school let alone get into a university, and he's from the same district in which I grew up. Odd.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more confused that he doesn't meet the requirement of having taken 2 years at the high school level. This was a requirement for me to graduate high school let alone get into a university, and he's from the same district in which I grew up. Odd.
I figured English was a foreign language in Texas. :noidea:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dismissed Clemson DE to continue career at Tennessee State | CollegeFootballTalk

Nearly two weeks after being on the receiving end of Dabo Swinney’s boot, Ebenezer Ogundeko has found a new program to call home — albeit at a decidedly lower rung on the college football ladder.

In a tweet posted to his personal Twitter account, Ogundeko announced that he will continue his playing career at Tennessee State. As the Tigers compete at the FCS level, Ogundeko will be eligible to play immediately in 2015.

Ogundeko will have three years of eligibility remaining.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unkempt academic house means unlikely return for Hogs LB Ramsey | CollegeFootballTalk

Randy Ramsey was suspended for the final portions of spring practice this year as he looked to get his academic house in order. It was the second time in six months that same issue had arisen.

Apparently, there won’t be a third.

At a booster golf outing Friday, Bret Bielema confirmed that, while it’s not completely out of the question, it’s highly unlikely that Ramsey will return to the Hogs this year. The head coach also confirmed that the linebacker is still dealing with academic issues.

“Randy Ramsey is not with us right now and I don’t think he’ll be with us,” Bielema said according to arkansasonline.com. “There are certain things that happened to him that took it out of my hands, actually.

“It’s NCAA and University of Arkansas guidelines that you have to pass a certain number of hours to get where you need to be, and obviously he didn’t make that.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps top punter transferring to Vols | CollegeFootballTalk
Earlier today we noted that a former Tennessee football player who had transferred to Maryland had decided to transfer out of that Big Ten football program. Now, the Tennessee-Maryland pipeline continues, albeit in reverse.

Citing a UT program source, Wes Ruckerof GoVols247.com was the first to report that Nathan Renfro is leaving the Terps and transferring to the Vols. The move, which has yet to be confirmed by either school, will serve as a homecoming as Renfro hails from the Nashville area.

Renfro would be a graduate transfer, meaning he’d be eligible to play immediately in 2015.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-four-star WR Jamil Kamara latest Cavalier to leave UVa. | CollegeFootballTalk
For the fifth time since the end of the 2014 season, a Virginia Cavalier has decided to continue his collegiate playing career elsewhere.

In a missive posted to his Twitter account Friday, Jamil Kamara announced that he has decided to transfer out of Mike London‘s football program. According to the wide receiver, he received a release from his UVa. scholarship the same day he announced his impending departure.

What if any restrictions were placed on potential transfer destinations weren’t revealed.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HS coach: backup QB John Franklin transferring from FSU | CollegeFootballTalk
The first post-Everett Golson casualty is unofficially in the books.

Exactly 10 days after the former Notre Dame quarterback became a current Florida State quarterback, John Franklin‘s high school coach revealed to the Orlando Sentinel that his former player has decided to move on from the Seminoles. It’s relatively big news as Franklin had exited the spring as the unofficial No. 2 on the depth chart behind Sean Maguire, although most observers thought Franklin would be able to continue pushing for the job once summer camp kicked off.

In confirming the decision to move on, South Plantation (Fla.) coach Doug Gatewood stated that Franklin “is just looking for an opportunity” at another school. Gatewood added that he’d be open to that opportunity being at another position, although why he couldn’t play another position at FSU if he’s open to it is unknown.

Franklin was a three-star member of FSU’s 2013 recruiting class, rated as the No. 25 dual-threat quarterback in the country. Tennessee was the only other Power Five program to offer Franklin a scholarship.

After redshirting as a true freshman, Franklin appeared in two games. According to his official FSU bio, he also practiced at wide receiver in 2014.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gopher DeNiro Laster transferring to be closer to Ohio home | CollegeFootballTalk
After a couple of years in the Twin Cities, De’Niro Lasterhas a personal need to get back closer to his Ohio roots.

In a text message to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Laster confirmed that he has decided to transfer out of the Minnesota football program. The Cleveland native told the Star-Tribune in the text that his family is going through an unspecified situation and he wants to be closer to them.

“I’m transferring home to be closer to my family, as we are going through a difficult family situation right now,” Laster wrote in the missive to the paper. “I will miss all of my teammates and the fans dearly! I don’t have a school picked right now, but I will have one in the upcoming week.

“I love Coach [Jerry] Kill, and I am thankful and honored for what we did there as a program. I wish the best to all my teammates and coaches!”

Regardless of the family situation, Laster will have to sit out the 2015 season if he ends up at another FBS program. The linebacker would then have two years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2016; he could play immediately at an FCS school and have three years left.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After leaving Iowa, John Kenny reunites with RichRod in the desert | CollegeFootballTalk
In the run-up to National Signing Day in 2013, Rich Rodriguez and Arizona offered John Kenny a scholarship. The potential marriage didn’t work out at the time but, two years later, RichRod’s got his man.

While nothing is officially official, Kenny (pictured, No. 47) announced via Twitter Thursday night that he has decided to continue his collegiate playing career with the Wildcats. A little over two weeks ago, Kenny had confirmed that he would be transferring out of the Iowa football program.

After sitting out the 2015 season, Kenny will have two seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2016.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erstwhile Gator TE appears ticketed for USC | CollegeFootballTalk
It appears that Florida’s loss could soon become USC’s gain.

Earlier this week it was reported thatDaniel Imatorbhebhe, a member of Florida’s 2015 recruiting class, had decided to leave the Gators for an unknown destination. Imatorbhebhe’s brother also happens to be a talented football recruit who also just happened to be interested in UF before committing to USC a week prior to his sibling’s decision.

Framed that way, it appears the brothers are angling for a gridiron reunion. And, according to TrojanSports.com, that’s indeed the case as the website reports, citing a source close to the freshman tight end, that Imatorbhebhe is planning to transfer to the Trojans. While there is nothing official from either school, there are reports that Imatorbhebhe has already cleaned out his UF locker.

If Imatorbhebhe does move on from the Gators to the Trojans, he would be compelled to sit out the 2015 season to satisfy NCAA transfer rules. Then, beginning in 2016, he would have four seasons of eligibility remaining.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans postgame field rush could prove costly for Big 12 teams | CollegeFootballTalk
The SEC confirmed earlier this week that it would be stiffening its penalties against schools whose fans rush the field/storm the court following wins. Wednesday, another Power Five conference confirmed it will be carrying a bigger stick when it comes to such potentially dangerous activities as well.

According to Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, one recommendation offered up at the conference’s spring meetings this week that will likely pass is instituting rather significant and stiff penalties for the schools of those field-rushers/court-stormers. The Dallas Morning NewsChuck Carltonwrites that “Bowlsby said the penalties could range from reprimands to fines to the loss of a home game.”

While the potential of sanctions would help fans be protected from themselves, it’s done mostly with the protection of players and coaches and other game personnel in mind.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-OSU Cowboy, UA Wildcat QB Daxx Garman to give Terps a try | CollegeFootballTalk
Daxx Garman has already been a quarterback in the Pac-12 and Big 12, so now he figures he’ll hit up one more Power Five conference for his final collegiate act.

Thursday afternoon, Maryland announced that the well-traveled quarterback will join the Terrapins football team for his last season of football. As the strong-armed Garman will be a graduate transfer, he’ll be eligible to play immediately in 2015 and, right away, be thrust knee-deep in his new team’s quarterback competition.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins losing another DB to transfer, this one an ex-four-star | CollegeFootballTalk

For the second time in less than a week, UCLA has seen its ranks in the defensive secondary thinned.

Citing unnamed sources, BruinSourceOnline.com is reporting that Priest Willis has decided to transfer out of the Bruins football program. No reason was given for the transfer, which will take place at the end of the current academic quarter.

According to the Scout.com website, North Carolina may be a potential transfer destination. Regardless of where he ends up, however, he’ll have to sit out the 2015 season to satisfy NCAA transfer bylaws.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given release, QB Andrew Ford to transfer from Hokies | CollegeFootballTalk

Another day, another FBS player taking his leave of the program in which he started his collegiate playing career.

The latest to see attrition hit its roster is Virginia Tech, with both the Roanoke Times and Newport News Daily Press reporting that Andrew Ford has asked for, and been granted a release from, his Tech scholarship. Ford is looking to transfer to an undetermined location to continue his career.

The fact that senior Michael Brewer and junior Brenden Motley were ahead of the redshirt freshman quarterback on the Hokies’ depth chart likely influenced Ford’s decision.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling Blue: Rutgers losing third 2014 recruit to transfer | CollegeFootballTalk

For the fourth time since January, a member of Rutgers’ recruiting class in 2014 will not be playing for the Scarlet Knights in 2015.

Citing a person with knowledge of the situation, nj.comis reporting that Sam Blue has decided to transfer outof the Scarlet Knights football program. The newspaper’s website gave no reason for the departure or to where the defensive end may be headed.

The fact that Blue was far down on the spring depth chart likely played a significant role in his decision.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 most played rivalries in college football history

1. MINNESOTA VS. WISCONSIN
Games: 124
All-Time Record: 59-57-8, Wisconsin
First Meeting: 1890