• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Steele

2015 % of Lettermen Returning

Today’s blog continues my in-depth look at my NCAA Experience Chart. For seven years I had listed an experience chart, which broke down the number of seniors, juniors, sophomores and freshmen each team had in the two deep and rated the teams experience level with a formula I devised. In 2009, I made the experience chart FIVE TIMES better by adding new categories like Career Starts on Offensive line, % of Offensive Yards returning, % of Defensive Yards returning and % of lettermen returning. Today I will look at the returning letterman/lost percentages.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor expects to see Sam Ukwuachu on the field in 2015 | CollegeFootballTalk

It appears that Baylor’s long wait to see what Sam Ukwuachu on the playing field will come to an end in a couple of months.

Ukwuachu transferred in from Boise Statein June of 2013, sitting out that season to satisfy NCAA bylaws. The defensive end was then ruled ineligible for the 2014 season for reasons that were never specified.

This past week, the Bears’ defensive coordinator expressed confidence that, finally, Ukwuachu will be eligible before summer camp rolls around.

“Ukwuachu is a guy we’re expecting to be back,” Phil Bennett said. “We expect him to be eligible in July. That gives us probably five or six guys we can play at end.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty strange:

2015 Sooner signee left in middle of night, hasnt returned | CollegeFootballTalk

Wood hasn’t communicated with Pratt since Wednesday afternoon, when he told him he would be at OU by 7:30 that night. Wood apparently kept that original appointment and arrived with intentions of setting up his room at Headington Hall, the residence hall for Sooner underclassmen.

But he didn’t make it through his first night, making it questionable at best that he ever begins a career at OU. Pratt indicated it was his impression that coaches were willing to allow Wood some time to sort out whatever it is that he is going through.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State-Michigan social media dustups continue | CollegeFootballTalk

zach-smith-tweet.png

After engaging fans with a series of retweets and responses, Smith then dropped the mic by posting a photo of the bling he’s accumulated at the collegiate level.

Even former OSU offensive coordinator, and current Houston head coach,Tom Herman got in on the social media fun by comparing some won-loss records.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga. Tech a possibility for transferring USC DB Lamont Simmons | CollegeFootballTalk

Multiple reports surfaced in the middle of last week that Lamont Simmons had decided to transfer out of the USC football program. After Simmons didn’t attend summer workout that began this past week, the school confirmed on its official website that the defensive back is indeed transferring out.

As Simmons was buried on the Trojans’ depth chart at cornerback, that would be as good of a place as any to start in looking for a reason behind the impending departure.

Scout.com is reporting that “Georgia Tech is the main school of interest for Simmons.” North Carolina and Rutgers are also in play, the website stated.

If Simmons ends up at another FBS program, he’d be forced to sit out the 2015 season to satisfy NCAA transfer rules. He would then have three years of eligibility remaining beginning in 2016.

Simmons was a three-star member of the Trojans’ 2014 recruiting class. He took a redshirt as a true freshman.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: four-star 2015 Texas Tech signee likely headed to a JUCO | CollegeFootballTalk

According to the recruiting website, and citing a source close to the player, J.F. Thomas will attend Trinity Valley Community College this fall instead of enrolling at Tech. The Red Raiders are still holding out hope that the wide receiver can enroll this year, although that appears to be a longshot at best.

The reason for Thomas taking the JUCO route initially is, of course, academics. “The holdup for Thomas… is passing one portion of his STARR and receiving a high-enough SAT score to balance his GPA,”

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4down20 hasn't threaten to leave.
BamaTee hasn't accused a mod of favoritism.
Charlie 42 hasn't had a meltdown.
No one has been locked in the Toilet Bowl.
Michigan and Ohio State fans are getting along for the most part.
Dogs and cats are living together.

Good grief someone come up with a good troll thread for Bama, Texas or Nebraska and lets get things stirred up.
I actually like 4down20 he's good for some actual debates
Haven't seen the stuffed elephant
Don't know charlie
the toilet bowl is now reserved harbaugh requires a private bathroom sourvrs źbamabear say its because of his small peen
that may be changing
can work on the dogs and cats
:plotting:

:dhd: can't wait for the season to start already and the return of tiger bait

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick Stockstill pushes off raises for greater good of MTSU program | CollegeFootballTalk

The Middle Tennessee State head coach was due, per his old contract, a $100,000 raise in 2015. And the same raise each of the next three years as well. A funny thing happened on the way to the bank — Stockstill requested, per the details of a new contract, that his raises be delayed until after the 2018 season.

Stockstill’s reasoning? The rising cost of doing business in big-time college football, not the least of which is the cost of attendance initiative that, while putting additional money in the pockets of the players who play the sport, will strain some of the budgets of the so-called Group of Five programs.

“I went to (MTSU athletics director) Chris (Massaro) at the end of the season,” Stockstill told the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal. “I knew financially we were going to be in a tight place with cost of attendance and everything else going on. …

“I went to him, and I said I want to do everything I can to make sure that we can pay the cost of attendance.”

Additionally, Stockstill cited the need for better facilities — and the funds to build them — as yet another reason for his decision to push his raises off into the future.

Stockstill will make $721,000 in 2015, a salary that will remain static until at least the 2019 offseason. In 2014, Stockstill was the highest-paid coach in Conference USA with a total compensation, including various bonuses, of $801,000. The next closest was Rice’s David Bailiff at $780,000.

Marshall’s Doc Holliday‘s new contract, announced in April, will pay the long-time Herd head coach an average of $755,000 over the next four years.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulane expects suspended leading sacker back for summer camp | CollegeFootballTalk

There’s some potentially good news on the personnel front for Curtis Johnson‘s Tulane football program. And, to balance it out, some not-so-good news as well.

Way back in mid-February, Johnson confirmed that Royce LaFrance would not participate in any of the 15 spring sessions due to what was described as academic issues. Nearly four months later, it appears that the defensive end has gotten his academic house in order during his forced sabbatical.

I expect to see Royce ready to go” for the start of summer camp in early August, Johnson said according to Tammy Nunez of the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

LaFrance’s return would serve as a significant boon to the Green Wave’s defense.

Last season, LaFrance started 11 of the Green Wave’s 12 games; the only game he didn’t start was due to a first-half suspension in the opener, the second straight year he was hit with a two-quarter punitive measure for an opener. He led the team with six sacks, and was third in tackles for loss with 11.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen pleased to add Kyle Bosch for 2015 - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

Dana Holgorsen wasn't in a hurry to put Kyle Bosch in the mix to start for West Virginia during the spring.

i
The Michigan offensive line transfer's playing status was up in the air during WVU's spring prep, making Holgorsen hesitant to consider him one of the candidates to start on the Mountaineers' offensive line this fall. But WVU and Bosch got good news with the transfer being cleared to play in 2015 in late May.

Now, Holgorsen is looking forward to the chance to add Bosch into the competition to start for an offensive line that lost Mark Glowinski and Quinton Spain off last year's unit, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.

"We didn't rep him as much as we would have liked in the spring because we didn't know if we would have him," Holgorsen told Hickman. "We're looking forward to getting out there and working with him to see where our best guys are."

Bosch started three games as a true freshman at Michigan in 2013 and should have three years of eligibility remaining, according to Hickman.