• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Offseason Has Sucked: 2016 Edition

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook split time his first year and they only won 7 games...or am I remembering that wrong? It wasn't until year two that he was named the full starter and won 13 games.
Cook attempted 17 passes all season long and 11 of them were in the second half of the Buffalo Wild Wing bowl. Not exactly splitting time all season long. He did not start a season game all season long.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no. No Michigan State does not have a first year starting QB that can win it all. The defense will not be there. I would prefer to red-shirt DeWeaver, let him get his feet wet before throwing him out there. I think the 2017 or 18 will be a more likely year for Michigan State to make a run with junior/senior running backs of London and Scott.
Your coaches have done a great job over the last decade with their QBs I would just trust their judgement and sit back and enjoy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your coaches have done a great job over the last decade with their QBs I would just trust their judgement and sit back and enjoy.
I think the offense will be pretty good but the defense was brutal last year. Hopefully Copeland will be back, but who knows because he fractured his neck. Our two, now sophomore, corners will have that year under their belt but losing a lot on the defensive line. But Dantonio has the best recruiting class ever for the school coming in (even if we fall 5 spots on NSD it's still the best). Hard to say what the QBs will be based off the OSU game with us relying heavily on the RBs but we get UM and OSU at home.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope - just an extremely creepy Buckeye fan.
You're going to need to be a little more specific...you just described 99% of the fan base.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope - just an extremely creepy Buckeye fan.
Thats the difference between tOSU and ND the creepers are are not on the team in Ohio.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comments? I guess recruiting has gotten so nuts parking an 18-wheeler outside a recruits house seems normal.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 started with:

2016:

Charlie and Bama Tee never returned the Authority got the boot but rumors of his sneaking back in crop up occasionally. Hammer has declared war on the B1G and OU posters are starting to realize they really are Texas' bitch. Harbaugh has turned into a grade A creeper and knocking on the door of being a petiphile.

What do you guys have to add?
I have reason to believe ElTexan writes for ESPNs woman section

Let's Remake More '80s Movies With All-Female Casts!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No comments? I guess recruiting has gotten so nuts parking an 18-wheeler outside a recruits house seems normal.

It was a recruiting violation. :dhd:

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

The next Houston Cougars: Washington Huskies
The first season was the charm for Tom Herman at Houston. Here's betting the third season will be the charm for Chris Petersen at Washington. The Huskies have lost six games in each of his first two seasons, but Petersen brings back a talented nucleus of younger players, notably sophomore quarterback Jake Browning and sophomore running back Myles Gaskin. Four starters are back on the offensive line, and a defense that led the Pac-12 last season in scoring defense (18.8 points), total defense (351.8 yards) and red zone defense (79.5 percent) returns seven starters. Washington probably will be picked somewhere in the middle of the Pac-12's North Division in the preseason. But if the Huskies can win some key games on the road, they're talented enough to make some real noise in the Pac-12 next season.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next Kirk Ferentz: Tennessee's Butch Jones
Iowa lost a total of 25 games in the four seasons under Ferentz before going 12-2 last season and coming within a game of the College Football Playoff. The expectation on Rocky Top is that Jones, in his fourth season, will elevate the Vols into that stratosphere in 2016. They won nine games a year ago but were unable to hold leads in narrow losses to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida and Oklahoma. Jones didn't stand pat this offseason. He hired Bob Shoop away from Penn State as his defensive coordinator. What's more, two key seniors on defense, linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin and cornerback Cameron Sutton, both decided to return to school. Quarterback Josh Dobbs will be a third-year starter, and Jalen Hurd is one of the more underrated running backs in the country. The schedule also tilts in Tennessee's favor with Alabama and Florida both coming to Knoxville. If Jones and the Vols can finish some games next season, they should be right in the middle of the playoff chase.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next Kirk Ferentz: Tennessee's Butch Jones
Iowa lost a total of 25 games in the four seasons under Ferentz before going 12-2 last season and coming within a game of the College Football Playoff. The expectation on Rocky Top is that Jones, in his fourth season, will elevate the Vols into that stratosphere in 2016. They won nine games a year ago but were unable to hold leads in narrow losses to Alabama, Arkansas, Florida and Oklahoma. Jones didn't stand pat this offseason. He hired Bob Shoop away from Penn State as his defensive coordinator. What's more, two key seniors on defense, linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin and cornerback Cameron Sutton, both decided to return to school. Quarterback Josh Dobbs will be a third-year starter, and Jalen Hurd is one of the more underrated running backs in the country. The schedule also tilts in Tennessee's favor with Alabama and Florida both coming to Knoxville. If Jones and the Vols can finish some games next season, they should be right in the middle of the playoff chase.
Iowa just got lucky they didn't win the B1G this season. It was basically a playoff to see who go their shit pushed in in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa just got lucky they didn't win the B1G this season. It was basically a playoff to see who go their shit pushed in in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Pretty simple for Tenn to follow: Go undefeated, win the East and lose to Auburn in the SEC CG.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is that the Big 12 has a big recruiting issue on its hands:

- No Top 10 Classes
- Baylor at 11
- TCU at 16
- Oklahoma at 23
- Texas at 42

Plus there are predictions on signing day that it may get worse as teams move up. All of the last 10 national champions had top 5 classes within 2 years of winning. If you don't have the horses its hard to win the race.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is that the Big 12 has a big recruiting issue on its hands:

- No Top 10 Classes
- Baylor at 11
- TCU at 16
- Oklahoma at 23
- Texas at 42

Plus there are predictions on signing day that it may get worse as teams move up. All of the last 10 national champions had top 5 classes within 2 years of winning. If you don't have the horses its hard to win the race.
OU and Texas may both move up. I'll be surprised if Baylor and TCU stay as high as they are.