• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This mock has us taking a QB & TE with our two #2s

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy's offense is also predicated on strong QB and Oline play. Nagy's offense is also most effective when a solid RB is behind it, as well as solid WRs that can get separation. They're all important.
True, all are. However, if you look at the order of importance and what is needed, I would put the order at OL, TE, QB, Wr, RB. You don't know how good a QB is doing sitting behind an O line that can't pass block or run block for shit (same for RB). That has to be the top priority. Now if you're offense needs a TE (pass catching threat) for the system it runs, and you don't have one... Priority number 2... Now if you've fixed the O line and then the QB can't perform, then fix that. You could have had Mahomes back there this year and his numbers would have been pathetic with the lack of O line protection. Fix this.

Bears already picked up one blocking TE in FA. I suspect the other big spend this year in F/A will either be O line, TE or CB. Anything else would surprise me as far as big pick up signings.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rxaz2.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rxbbn.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy's offence is predicated upon strong TE play, Not seeing Pace grab one early seems odd due to the lack of one outside of Burton when healthy, if healthy. Now I would look at fixing the O line, an if one I like is around
Also, F/A will say a lot as well as to the potential draft.
it is, but TE's historically take a year or two to contribute. Outside of gronk, name a guy who came in and was really good year 1. There isnt any. I also see pace knowing he needs to win now, and needs to use that pick on a guy that can contribute this year, not groom. There also are no standout tight ends this year.

We've been discussing this in PGH. We need a tight end. We have vance who cant stay healthy and nothing else. We also use 2 TE's alot. But we have a very small window IF IF IF ben is healthy. We dont have time to draft a guy early and let him develop. Local radio seems to feel this way too. Yet tomlin has met with some top TE's, but his drafting is suspect lol.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is, but TE's historically take a year or two to contribute. Outside of gronk, name a guy who came in and was really good year 1. There isnt any. I also see pace knowing he needs to win now, and needs to use that pick on a guy that can contribute this year, not groom. There also are no standout tight ends this year.

We've been discussing this in PGH. We need a tight end. We have vance who cant stay healthy and nothing else. We also use 2 TE's alot. But we have a very small window IF IF IF ben is healthy. We dont have time to draft a guy early and let him develop. Local radio seems to feel this way too. Yet tomlin has met with some top TE's, but his drafting is suspect lol.

You seriously did not ask that question on this board, did you?

byx09.gif

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh Roh. What did I start!

This franchise has a HOF TE that had over 1000 yards and 12 TD's in his rookie season in the early 60s...and is often the first person folks think of if you mention Chicago Bears.

7SQ23ZWVSJD2LJFRRZBCSS5JFQ.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This franchise has a HOF TE that had over 1000 yards and 12 TD's in his rookie season in the early 60s...and is often the first person folks think of if you mention Chicago Bears.

7SQ23ZWVSJD2LJFRRZBCSS5JFQ.jpg
While true, and great. Times have changed

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While true, and great. Times have changed

Kittle and Kelce off the top of my head were pretty much ballers right when they got consistent time on the field. Jimmy Graham too. Usually takes one year because very few get a position with multiple receiving and blocking assignments and have it all down to (1) start and (2) contribute...but year 2 is almost a guarantee if they are the goods...or, by playoffs time in year 1 I'd say they can unleash the beast. But you have to be a team good enough to barrel through the initial growing pains to reap those rewards...Considering our offense is the football version of monkey dung, we don't have that luxury.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears F/A another one.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle and Kelce off the top of my head were pretty much ballers right when they got consistent time on the field. Jimmy Graham too. Usually takes one year because very few get a position with multiple receiving and blocking assignments and have it all down to (1) start and (2) contribute...but year 2 is almost a guarantee if they are the goods...or, by playoffs time in year 1 I'd say they can unleash the beast. But you have to be a team good enough to barrel through the initial growing pains to reap those rewards...Considering our offense is the football version of monkey dung, we don't have that luxury.

Rookie Seasons for TE's in this post

Kittle: 43-515-2

Graham: 31-356-5

Kelce: Active for 1 game (no stats recorded)

Like you said, it usually takes a year of development. Then, year #2 is breakout time.

We also don't have a pick until the mid-2nd round. So, they won't be the "furthest along" of the TE bunch in terms of "NFL readiness".

Pace and Nagy need to win NOW. Their jobs are on the line in 2020. I would pretty surprised if we went the draft route with TE. Especially with a talented class becoming available in a week's time via the UFA market.

For that matter... our D also has to "win now". That window opened for us in 2018. Unless you draft fantastically on a consistent basis - you only get a handful of years with an elite D. What did Seattle get? 4-5 years? This will be year #3. Mack/Hicks aren't getting younger.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears F/A another one.

It would be a lot of money into the TE position. However, it would only be for one year. Burton will be given a swift "adios" this time next season. Unless he just surprises the shit out of everyone with a hugely productive (full) season.

I think there's a chance that a stud TE could really open up a lot in this offense. That's just an estimated guess based off of KC and PHI. I think Hooper really could be that guy. I think it's worth paying up for.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a lot of money into the TE position. However, it would only be for one year. Burton will be given a swift "adios" this time next season. Unless he just surprises the shit out of everyone with a hugely productive (full) season.

I think there's a chance that a stud TE could really open up a lot in this offense. That's just an estimated guess based off of KC and PHI. I think Hooper really could be that guy. I think it's worth paying up for.

Honestly, if just the two of Burton and Biscuit improved their play to a reasonable level, we would catapult. We'd still have o-line issues, but those two stepping it up alone would alleviate a LOT of that problem. It makes me so sad. We're comically bad on offense and those two can easily be identified as problems 1A and 1B. I want to kick them both in the nuts.