• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This mock has us taking a QB & TE with our two #2s

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Eason will fall that far.

Would be giddy if he did tho.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last rationale is stupid. "Hey, you'll have a shot at the number 1 pick if it turns out THAT bad!" Nope, sorry, this defense wouldn't allow us to have less than 4 wins most likely at the absolute worst-case scenario. We were pretty damn awful last year and won half our games.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last rationale is stupid. "Hey, you'll have a shot at the number 1 pick if it turns out THAT bad!" Nope, sorry, this defense wouldn't allow us to have less than 4 wins most likely at the absolute worst-case scenario. We were pretty damn awful last year and won half our games.

We had the worst offense in the league, arguably. We lost Trevathan and Hicks for most of the season. We lost Roquan to a season ending injury. We missed a game-winning field goal at the buzzer vs LAC. Yet, the D still won 8 games for us.

The sentence we would receive for this off-season failing? Would be another mediocre season. You could argue that's worse. But on the same token? I don't want to envision the shit show 1-2 win season where we land the 2021 #1 overall pick either. lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are now circulating that the Bears are okay with going into the season with Burton as their top TE.

That's either Pace trying to keep people guessing or an indication the Bears will surpass free agency and draft a TE early, in my opinion.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are now circulating that the Bears are okay with going into the season with Burton as their top TE.

That's either Pace trying to keep people guessing or an indication the Bears will surpass free agency and draft a TE early, in my opinion.

I actually think Pace is making the cardinal sin of rolling with his guys. He might get cornered into a wall at QB, because the position is so high visibility. However, if I was betting on it, we'll be rolling with Mitch and Burton again this year and are done making any kind of big splash at both positions...and Pace/Nagy, in all their arrogance, are ready to say "see, we were right and you guys jumped ship too early" when it all comes together.

Like a carrot in front of a donkey...All 3 of my Chicago teams seem to be toying with their fanbase this way these days..."Don't worry...It's coming folks. The pieces are in place. We promise..."

Yeah, it eventually will...I'd prefer to not be dead and buried before then though.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that too, and I'm torn on this. I really want Burton to be the player we all expected when he signed. But to date he has been almost a total bust. Or if that's being too harsh, then I think it's more than fair to say he has failed big time to live up to his contract. If we do keep him, this will be the ultimate make-or-break season for him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that too, and I'm torn on this. I really want Burton to be the player we all expected when he signed. But to date he has been almost a total bust. Or if that's being too harsh, then I think it's more than fair to say he has failed big time to live up to his contract. If we do keep him, this will be the ultimate make-or-break season for him.

Somebody needs to let this guy know that Chicago is where QB's go to die...not TE's.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me. QB and OL are top priorities. Using our top 2 picks on the TE position would be stupendously idiotic.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me. QB and OL are top priorities. Using our top 2 picks on the TE position would be stupendously idiotic.
I agree with this sentiment, however it relies strongly upon the assumption Pace & Nagy actually like the QB that falls that far over a best player available.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack maybe releasing Jimmy Graham......
Is he someone we should take interest in if they do.........

I know hes not the te he once was in his NO days......and he's slated to make 7.5 mil on the final year of his contract........

It could settle our te problem for one year and if it doesnt work out, well hes a fa again..........

He would probably come cheaper than Hunter and definetley cheaper than what Hoopers gonna command.......

Just a thought......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now, today... Talks are that he might trade for the TE upgrade. lol

Tis the season for this bull shit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack maybe releasing Jimmy Graham......
Is he someone we should take interest in if they do.........

I know hes not the te he once was in his NO days......and he's slated to make 7.5 mil on the final year of his contract........

It could settle our te problem for one year and if it doesnt work out, well hes a fa again..........

He would probably come cheaper than Hunter and definetley cheaper than what Hoopers gonna command.......

Just a thought......

Well, if they outright release him. We wouldn't owe him a dime.

Jimmy Graham is done, though. A disappointment in GB. Slowly deteriorating ever since the patellar tendon tear with Seattle.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Pace is making the cardinal sin of rolling with his guys. He might get cornered into a wall at QB, because the position is so high visibility. However, if I was betting on it, we'll be rolling with Mitch and Burton again this year and are done making any kind of big splash at both positions...and Pace/Nagy, in all their arrogance, are ready to say "see, we were right and you guys jumped ship too early" when it all comes together.

Like a carrot in front of a donkey...All 3 of my Chicago teams seem to be toying with their fanbase this way these days..."Don't worry...It's coming folks. The pieces are in place. We promise..."

Yeah, it eventually will...I'd prefer to not be dead and buried before then though.

I think Pace showed somewhat of a willingness to admit his mistakes when he A) Signed Allen Robinson/Taylor Gabriel and drafted Anthony Miller in an off-season where people expected him to stand by Kevin White. At least, as a #2. B) Signed Burton to be his feature TE one year after drafting Shaheen.

Pace has had his fair of big swings and misses. Although, I am not yet prepared to attribute "stubbornness" to him as a trait.

I might be prepared to do that if he doesn't bring in legitimate competition for Mitch, though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pace showed somewhat of a willingness to admit his mistakes when he A) Signed Allen Robinson/Taylor Gabriel and drafted Anthony Miller in an off-season where people expected him to stand by Kevin White. At least, as a #2. B) Signed Burton to be his feature TE one year after drafting Shaheen.

Pace has had his fair of big swings and misses. Although, I am not yet prepared to attribute "stubbornness" to him as a trait.

I might be prepared to do that if he doesn't bring in legitimate competition for Mitch, though.

Pace moved on from Kevin White because of Nagy. Nagy is a toolbox that thinks the system he's running can be run through any decent QB, but needs "his" type of player at the skill positions...which is why Jordan Howard and White never had a chance, regardless of one's opinion on their talent. Pace had a no brainer with White that his coach provided him. That same coach is telling him right now he can get it done with Mitch and Burton...I have no doubt.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if they outright release him. We wouldn't owe him a dime.

Jimmy Graham is done, though. A disappointment in GB. Slowly deteriorating ever since the patellar tendon tear with Seattle.

So picks up his salary, GB......?

And Im with you, hes fallen of the planet as regards to his production......

Just a thought, not that I was taking any stock into it......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this sentiment, however it relies strongly upon the assumption Pace & Nagy actually like the QB that falls that far over a best player available.

It's impossible to know how the draft will turn out and who will be available. Especially when you get out of the first 15 picks or so. So it's pointless even speculating.

What is worth discussing however is what our top priority positions should be. And I laugh out loud at the imbeciles who think TE is a higher priority than the QB, OL, LB positions.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's impossible to know how the draft will turn out and who will be available. Especially when you get out of the first 15 picks or so. So it's pointless even speculating.

What is worth discussing however is what our top priority positions should be. And I laugh out loud at the imbeciles who think TE is a higher priority than the QB, OL, LB positions.
Nagy's offence is predicated upon strong TE play, Not seeing Pace grab one early seems odd due to the lack of one outside of Burton when healthy, if healthy. Now I would look at fixing the O line, an if one I like is around
Also, F/A will say a lot as well as to the potential draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy's offence is predicated upon strong TE play, Not seeing Pace grab one early seems odd due to the lack of one outside of Burton when healthy, if healthy. Now I would look at fixing the O line, an if one I like is around
Also, F/A will say a lot as well as to the potential draft.

Nagy's offense is also predicated on strong QB and Oline play. Nagy's offense is also most effective when a solid RB is behind it, as well as solid WRs that can get separation. They're all important.